Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't sure where to post this so I'll post it here purely for it's derp-ness amongst all this other derp...

Overheard at the port v north game yesterday from roosters fans

"Nice kick butcher - that's your 200 grands worth mate - that's OUR 200 grand mate!"

I didn't know where to start responding to this guy....

Remember what they say about arguing with an idiot...

Wasn't sure where to post this so I'll post it here purely for it's derp-ness amongst all this other derp...

"Nice kick butcher - that's your 200 grands worth mate - that's OUR 200 grand mate!"

nice, north fund all our players do they.... flogs.

I feel had I been in a similar situation I would have reacted poorly.

I wouldn't consider myself the most politically correct person nor am I a sensitive new age guy (more of a caring, understanding, nurturing type) but it's time someone took a stand against the boofheads in the media. This boys club of homophobes, bigots and racists need to be taught a lesson once and for all.

The old "slip of the tongue/I didn't mean it" defence must not be acceptable in 2014 especially for repeat offenders.

An opportunity has presented itself for someone with ticker to take a stand. Sadly it will probably only be Caroline Wilson but I hope to hear Gerard say something on offsiders....
Well done Dingle. Spot on.

Why do we have to be subjected to these intellectually impoverished morons of the media.

I wouldn't consider myself the most politically correct person nor am I a sensitive new age guy (more of a caring, understanding, nurturing type) but it's time someone took a stand against the boofheads in the media. This boys club of homophobes, bigots and racists need to be taught a lesson once and for all.

The old "slip of the tongue/I didn't mean it" defence must not be acceptable in 2014 especially for repeat offenders.

An opportunity has presented itself for someone with ticker to take a stand. Sadly it will probably only be Caroline Wilson but I hope to hear Gerard say something on offsiders....
/Stands up and claps!

Any Port / Crows numbers taken as the split of supporters is wrong for a start. It's Port/Crows/Others. Of which I reckon it'd be around 15-20% of people support a club other than the two SA clubs. Making it one-club oriented, rather than mainly the SA clubs, with a few tidbits about the rest immediately puts off 15-20% of the potential audience. If I was a non-SA club supporter I might listen to a show that is mainly about the SA clubs, but not one that is the Crow (or Power) show.

As for the Port / Adelaide split amongst those following the two SA clubs, MMM especially is stupid. 5AA, yeah, ok they are chasing the old fogey demographic, where it's 1983 every day and Anne Wills, Graeme Gooding and Jane Doyle are still sweet young things.

MMM is meant to aim a bit younger. The older the sample group, the higher the percentage of crows fans amongst them. Inexplicable.

As one of those 15-20% I really don't care what the Crows/Port/Other bias is, I just want some presenters who have some idea what they're talking about. MMM last week I hear Jarman thinking the Crows still have draft sanctions in 2014, switch over to 5AA to hear Dillon ask if Port will tag Troy Chaplin. How is it humanly possible to be so ignorant about a subject you are paid to talk about as your sole job???

As one of those 15-20% I really don't care what the Crows/Port/Other bias is, I just want some presenters who have some idea what they're talking about. MMM last week I hear Jarman thinking the Crows still have draft sanctions in 2014, switch over to 5AA to hear Dillon ask if Port will tag Troy Chaplin. How is it humanly possible to be so ignorant about a subject you are paid to talk about as your sole job???

this is the home of the merv agars medal, no balance in this state. its all crows 70% port 30% nothing else matters.

its clear they go for colourful characters (clowns) over substance. they seem to think irrational nonsense from over the top crows ambassadors is the only way people will listen to the radio in this state. they are being proven wrong.

I don't want to scare you but you've just cited some of their more lucid contributions. :eek:

Cornes is just bitter that he hasn't got something named after him. Why don't we give him something? There are plenty of womens' toilets, after all.

The teetotaller has an AO bar named after him, still not sure if it's a subtle troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide, Geelong get $5000 fines over administrative mistakes
PORT Adelaide and Geelong have each been fined $5000 for breaching the AFL player rules and failing to notify the League of changes to their long-term injury lists.
The AFL described the errors, which related to Power defender Lewis Stevenson and Cats midfielder Allen Christensen, as administrative and unintentional.
More ..
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-14/power-cats-fined-5k-over-injury-list-breaches

Geez we don't need to loose money by these mistakes ....:(

Port Adelaide, Geelong get $5000 fines over administrative mistakes
PORT Adelaide and Geelong have each been fined $5000 for breaching the AFL player rules and failing to notify the League of changes to their long-term injury lists.
The AFL described the errors, which related to Power defender Lewis Stevenson and Cats midfielder Allen Christensen, as administrative and unintentional.
More ..
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-14/power-cats-fined-5k-over-injury-list-breaches

Geez we don't need to loose money by these mistakes ....:(
And the local media will make that a bigger breach of AFL rules than Tippetgate. The Chairman and CEO are to be sacked immediately.

So BT calls Harry Taylor a "big ****ter" in the pregame and crawls back at half time with an apology. AFL would be loving that. :rolleyes:
BT losing his job would be an early Christmas present for many footy fans!!!!!

no mention of M White's GOTY on 5CC in the review, instead Stupid carry's on while laughing about Chaplin banging his chest.

makes me laugh really!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back