Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SNAFL this SNAFL that blah blah blah blah SNAFL, the big bad Port Power are to blame, blah blah blah blah blah blah, SNAFL SNAFL SNAFL SNAFL.. cough cough.

I hope Rucci respond to this hypocrite in due time to this barbaric uneducated article.

The Greedy, incompetant, SNAFL thieves are the ones to blame in all this, they're trying to run a competition that isn't generating enough money on it's own to survive. Jars I thought actually nailed it on Triple M during the week, Get rid of the SNAFL reserves comp, it's quite obvious they can't afford to run it now & just have under 19, under 17 comps and remove the SANFL salary cap.

They charged both Port & Adelaide $400,000 last season to play in the SNAFL, and they STILL feel the need to steal from OUR Match Day revenue!!!! :)

They're really ramping up the counter-offensive now. Problem is it's the same old mouthpieces again and again, and no one of note is listening anymore.

Should we expect an article from Geoff Roach next week? Harry the Horse nearly choked on his cornflakes when he read that Port aren't happy with their stadium deal ... living beyond their means ... how do they pay for Burgess ... what's Kochie doing ... 1990 ... treachery ... look at the crows ... yada yada yada ...

Should we expect an article from Geoff Roach next week? Harry the Horse nearly choked on his cornflakes when he read that Port aren't happy with their stadium deal ... living beyond their means ... how do they pay for Burgess ... what's Kochie doing ... 1990 ... treachery ... look at the crows ... yada yada yada ...

Warren Partland to chime in next with "If the people at Lacrosse SA had been given the sorts of hand outs Port Power have received they'd be able to fund their trip to the world titles in Kalamazoo Wisconsin and have enough left over to stay in 5-Star hotels".

SNAFL this SNAFL that blah blah blah blah SNAFL, the big bad Port Power are to blame, blah blah blah blah blah blah, SNAFL SNAFL SNAFL SNAFL.. cough cough.

I hope Rucci respond to this hypocrite in due time to this barbaric uneducated article.

The Greedy, incompetant, SNAFL thieves are the ones to blame in all this, they're trying to run a competition that isn't generating enough money on it's own to survive. Jars I thought actually nailed it on Triple M during the week, Get rid of the SNAFL reserves comp, it's quite obvious they can't afford to run it now & just have under 19, under 17 comps and remove the SANFL salary cap.

They charged both Port & Adelaide $400,000 last season to play in the SNAFL, and they STILL feel the need to steal from OUR Match Day revenue!!!! :)

This :cool:

Yes, I think The Cows are desperate to white ant us as much as possible. Only mention that the Cows too are looking for more of the pie is that we are dragging them along almost against their own free will :eek:
And yes the Cows are doing VERY nicely thank you with a massive profit (well couple hundred $k's but who's counting). Port spending beyond their means, yada yada yada, etc. We are still the bottom quartile of club spend, but hey - why spoil a good yarn with facts :rolleyes:

Truth is, AFC started AO with healthy corporate support - Port had poor corp supp. Coming from a long way back, but the club admitted we are now at 85% of corporate revenue via the Stadium facilities which equates to $9.2mill pa. Therefore if we get to 100% we should gain a further approx. $1.8mill pa which almost puts us in the black :)

Also more partners/sponsors now that we are a good "brand' again, an extra 4k to 5k members perhaps (where will they seat them though?), an 11% rise in membership fees, plus some percentage more of catering revenue, etc following on from this "review", and I am thinking next year this time we should be in not too bad a position :)

Off topic but, has anyone experienced this past week on this web site the fact that the full page is not displayed? After a few posts or reads you cannot scroll down the full page - it gets "cut off" or something.

Thought it may be my browser, but my work PC does the same.

Highlighting the $1.2m profit the Western Bulldogs are about to make doesn't serve his argument very well. When a club with barely half our crowds and members can make over $3m more than we do all that does is highlight the inequities we face. Cornesy ain't all that bright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read that article. He really is an ostrich and very bitter.
I think it's cause he was king dick in SA and it was his world and he couldn't handle it when his world was about to change. Everyone in SA was about to see a whole new footy world in which he wasn't able to make it and then in an ironic twist his sons were.
All of this bitterness is projected on PA.
I don't think he can really help it.
Also he got punched out in that granny.

What Port Adelaide FC need to do, is have a city location somewhere (near the ground preferably) where we can do pre match & post match stuff. That is where our cash cow is.

The stuff that is done at Adelaide Oval, the SMA scoundrals keep all of that profit and probably charge us to use that room.

Off topic but, has anyone experienced this past week on this web site the fact that the full page is not displayed? After a few posts or reads you cannot scroll down the full page - it gets "cut off" or something.

Yep having the same problem now and again.

The following image probably won't show, but it is the faithful Simpsons staple of 'Old man yells at cloud'. Cliched but perfect. ;)

Old-Man-Yells-At-Cloud-the-simpsons-7414384-265-199.gif

yeah its happening to me too

It is being investigated, same as the images that won't load issue.

When an extra 10,000 people flood through the gates, and you see none of the benefit but all of the cost of those people, something is wrong.

When 50,000 people buy food and drink from the stadium and you see none of the money, but you have to pay for the clean up afterward, something is wrong

When 50,000 people add economic benefit to the city, but you have to pay for the closure of roads when they arrive and leave, something is wrong.

When there is a disincentive to have large crowds because it results in less money, something is wrong.

I have no doubt that some of the things, like the pyrotechnics and the free t-shirts, are beyond the scope of what the club can actually afford at this stage. But you know what? You have to spend money to make money, and it's clear that our game day experience shits all over the Crows and their crap. Which means it's money well spent.

There are certain things too that are extraordinary expenses, such as the license buy back. But if Cornes wants to talk about wasting money, how about the SANFL advertising their lame competition on the radio and on the back of buses? No one cares, and if they do, they are already going to games.

Janus - spot on - something is wrong.
Is there an accountant in the house that can explain the result in simple terms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back