Certified Legendary Thread The Medical Sub blunder - What the hell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if its been mentioned but during the telecast i noticed a group of Adelaide trainers laughing and joking about it on the boundary line while Lynch was bumbling around finding his boots etc. Not a good look and just shows how far off we are in terms of being a professional outfit.
Just to add, the game was on the line at that stage so its pretty bloody infuriating from a fans perspective seeing shit like that.

My GP does not administer any of this
I have been to Radiology where a Doctor has given me ( screen guided) steroid injections that included anaesthetic.

My confusion came when you said footballers would not have been given anaesthetic injections
Sorry, I see the point you’re making. I meant the injection wouldn’t be purely an anesthetic, with the objective to completely deaden/numb an area. If you deaden an entire region, you will likely lose function also. And if an injury does occur there, without any pain, you would likely carry on and potentially magnifying an injury further.

Who's doubling down more today, ABAB, John Who or Matthew Nicks?

We had done so well in the first five weeks. Earning respect of the comp, the media, people were saying nice things about us. Even Tex is loved again.

We've transcended ourselves here.

When DMac was sub, he was in his kit plus tracky top (I’m pretty sure) and kept warm on the stationary bike for periods every quarter. I think it’s one of the rare time’s where pretty much everyone could agree that DMac would have been a far better option than an injured Lynch.
I reckon half of the BF members here could have done a better job than a Lynch that requires prepping. Let alone DMac!

Does he not realise the issue here?

If Tom was match fit why was he not even dressed yet? Time to warm up? What were they planning to do if Hamill did his injury early in the quarter, miss the rest of it while he warmed up? They surely can't be trying g to pretend their standard plan for the medical sub is to get an injury and THEN start getting your kit on, wandering down to the rooms to get strapped up, and then start warming up? They can't possibly think we're that stupid, can they?

Also, I'm sorry, if you're limping your way to a put your boots on, you're not match fit.

Who's doubling down more today, ABAB, John Who or Matthew Nicks?

We had done so well in the first five weeks. Earning respect of the comp, the media, people were saying nice things about us. Even Tex is loved again.

We've transcended ourselves here.
You’re a serious sadcase. If you can’t see that I’m on the same boat as others here by the mere fact I made the thread (and without using Google).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you drunk? Not even Vader misses the point this spectacularly.
I'm not questioning whether he should have even been in the side and based on form he should have been dropped after last week's performance. But clearly the toe injury didn't affect him in the last few weeks, did you questioned him as the sub when you would have thought the jab was enough have to get him through the game like it had done when he was the starting 18 the last few weeks?

Lynch deserves a fraction of the blame for putting his hand up when he's injured. That said, players can always be counted on to put their hand up because they are competitive people and of course they want to play. The whole reason you have a selection committee is to make these decisions devoid of the players feelings or biases getting in the way of making the correct decisions.

In short Matty Nicks doesn't need to be out there defending Tom Lynch. He needs to be explaining his own actions and apologising to our supporters.

I don't put any blame on Lynch for this. This isn't a case of a player not admitting to having some hamstring tightness or a nick in the groin that the club needs to know about. The club knew damn well where Lynch was with his injury, he's on a modified program for goodness sake! If they chose to play him anyway, he's not obligated to say "excuse me, are you insane?"

I'm not questioning whether he should have even been in the side and based on form he should have been dropped after last week's performance. But clearly the toe injury didn't affect him in the last few weeks, did you questioned him as the sub when you would have thought the jab was enough have to get him through the game like it had done when he was the starting 18 the last few weeks?
I would have definitely questioned his suitability as a Sub, if knowing he needed prepping prior to the sub activation, and with an unknown unquantifiable time the jab would kick in!!!

If Tom was match fit why was he not even dressed yet? Time to warm up? What were they planning to do if Hamill did his injury early in the quarter, miss the rest of it while he warmed up? They surely can't be trying g to pretend their standard plan for the medical sub is to get an injury and THEN start getting your kit on, wandering down to the rooms to get strapped up, and then start warming up? They can't possibly think we're that stupid, can they?

Also, I'm sorry, if you're limping your way to a put your boots on, you're not match fit.

All of this. 100%

I also can’t get over the fact that Lynch was selected as the sub anyway. It’s a tactical disaster. The sub just has to be someone with versatility and pace, and he doesn’t have either (even at his absolute best).

If we need his experience but he’s not fit, just make him a travelling coach for the day.

This is just so poor from Nicks. The selection, the justification and the defence are all bullshit.

I thought he was already warmed up before the game with all his "treatment" and only got out of the kit toward the end of the game when we didn't even want him to play as the jab clearly wore off but was forced to when Hamill got injured late in the 3rd and the game was still winnable? If not, then yeah we stuffed up there.

I thought he was already warmed up before the game with all his "treatment" and only got out of the kit toward the end of the game when we didn't even want him to play as the jab clearly wore off but was forced to when Hamill got injured late in the 3rd and the game was still winnable? If not, then yeah we stuffed up there.

Look, I dont really know, but I doubt it. He took off his strapping as well? Midway through the third quarter? I don't buy it.

Wow.

It took you till the next day to understand this.

Glory be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread The Medical Sub blunder - What the hell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back