Toast The New Carlton Thread: inexperienced Collingwood winger to rule Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't agree here

In fact I've said a couple of times already that if Fly had gone to Carlton, decent chance they'd be looking at going back to back this season

If we got Voss...well, I don't even want to think about how bad we'd be

A change at board level took place at Collingwood and G.Wright was also brought as GM. These changes in leadership (clean-up if you like) created the culture that Fly walked into and began to do his magic.

The fish rots from the head.

Voss is a crazy bast*rd but Carlton's demise is not a recent thing and it's not all on him. They're f*d from the top-down.

Last edited:
A change at board level took place at Collingwood and G.Wright was also brought as GM. These changes in leadership (clean-up if you like) created the culture that Fly walked into and began to do his magic.

Voss is a crazy bast*rd but Carlton's demise is not a recent thing and it's not all on him. They're f*d from the top-down.

I know. You can find a tonne of posts where I’ve said the same thing. They need a total clean out from the top down

I know. You can find a tonne of posts where I’ve said the same thing. They need a total clean out from the top down
The problem is, unlike Collingwood, the prospective replacements are all cut from the same Carlton cloth.
Corrupt, wealthy scumbags that think the working class are at their disposal and the AFL owes them cups. Many, many cups.
The fish does rot from the head. But when the only head replacements are already a little stinky, then the future is preordained.

Sure; but also from the bottom-up, the outside-in, the inside-out, right-to-left, left-to-right, back-to-front, front-to-back, vertically, horizontally, diagonally, in three dimensions, four dimensions, and round in ****ing circles.

I venture over to the Carlton board but after 10 minutes I remember it's Carlton and I can't be arsed.
I like to read their thoughts on list / coaches / media

What is a bit of a laugh is reading some of the thoughts how they’ll get back into the 1st and 2nd rounds
No consideration at all for the they type of draft it is and that teams don’t want to trade out. West Coast will prob want to trade pick one but who could afford it? And if you could, why would you?

I like to read their thoughts on list / coaches / media

What is a bit of a laugh is reading some of the thoughts how they’ll get back into the 1st and 2nd rounds
No consideration at all for the they type of draft it is and that teams don’t want to trade out. West Coast will prob want to trade pick one but who could afford it? And if you could, why would you?
Its hilarious how some of them think Hardwick is a live chance to coach them next year. Dimma pulled the pin mid-year citing "burn out". Why the **** would he take that job with all the bullshit backroom backstabbing and general floggery that's associated with the poisoned chalice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its hilarious how some of them think Hardwick is a live chance to coach them next year. Dimma pulled the pin mid-year citing "burn out". Why the * would he take that job with all the bullshit backroom backstabbing and general floggery that's associated with the poisoned chalice?
Agree. Their best bet is going left field and getting Adam Yze.
Give him 5+ years at a minimum.
Yze has done the hard yards like our Fly has.
IQ of around 50+ over the joker Voss.

No anything to do with laughing at Carltons misfortune should be embraced as morally sound. :tearsofjoy:
In an attempt to cleanse their horrible toxic, ethically bankrupt past they have looked here for a new game plan - Blose... it ain't working
Old Testament Book GIF by Beeld en Geluid

Can't agree here

In fact I've said a couple of times already that if Fly had gone to Carlton, decent chance they'd be looking at going back to back this season

If we got Voss...well, I don't even want to think about how bad we'd be

Nah, that reminds me of this …

… if Fly had gone to Carlton, you reckon his refusal to set any public goals beyond “we just want to be the best version of ourselves” / “we just want to get better every day” would have flown? You reckon he would have been able to convince Sayers to shut his trap and not bang on about finals and Premierships? You reckon he’d have been able to get Bolton across to help him out? You reckon he’d have been able to get anything done without Wright guarding the doors to the footy department against the Carlton Old Boy drunkards wandering in to offer advice about how tough Carlton was in their day?

Given what we see of Carlton and what we know of Fly, I can’t imagine any universe where Carlton would have recruited him. If in some pretendy land they had, he’d be totally neutered and he’d be a shadow of the coach that we’ve grown to love.

Last edited:

Nailed it. The beauty is that the good coaches now know that the Carlton job is a poisoned chalice. If they sack two coaches in a row 18 months in to their contracts, then how the hell are they going to convince any half decent coach to take the job? It’s only the desperados who have no other hope of getting a senior coaching gig anywhere else that will apply.

West Coast will prob want to trade pick one but who could afford it? And if you could, why would you?

What would Patrick Cripps be worth to West Coast, especially if Carlton were prepared to pay a chunk of his salary?

They’re a real mess over there on the Carlton Board. They don’t know who to sack first - the coach, the Board or the players - but one thing is certain, there will be casualties. They might just have to nuke the joint and start over.

It’s nearly 30 years since their last flag and barely a finals appearance since then. Lots of posters on their board say they have never experienced the joy of team success. Most seem to be going through stages 2-4 of the five stages of grief - denial, anger, bargaining, depression & acceptance. Mostly the depression stage. Still a long way from acceptance.

They seem so down in the dumps that I find myself almost feeling sorry for them.

Nah, not really.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The New Carlton Thread: inexperienced Collingwood winger to rule Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back