Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, man. The Rutten sacking is on the AFL's Mount Rushmore for poorly handled sackings.

It was his fourth day on the job, they did it solely to get Clarkson, who, of course, they didn't get. And then everyone was so pissed off about the whole thing that the CEO and four directors resigned. And then the replacement CEO had to quit after literally one day.

Good times.
Yep and less than two years later they're fourth on the ladder.

It would be a shot in a million for him to come to us.

• we don't have the capital that WC would ask for in trade
  • we wouldn't trade out what we would need to to get said trade capital
  • we don't have the out of cap additions other clubs could offer
  • Harley seems to have more character than to cut and run after a single season, if we are waiting for RFA that is in 2030(?) makes it moot anyway

Our shot was last year and outside of tanking to a ridiculous degree or selling Colby and Duursma we were never in the race.

Reid could be a rainbow shitting unicorn, but he won't be doing it in a North Jumper.
Not that I'm saying I'd want the club to invest so much in one player who has played one year.
But, with the AFL opening up the option of trading out multiple years firsts as of last year, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could afford to go after him if we chose to.

Couple of people saying it was directed at Bailey, and that He's one of the players supposedly caught texting about Simmo.

Not an unrealistic take.

Simmo should call in sick on match day, stuff them
Nah, he didn't take a backwood step as a player and he won't do it as a coach, what he's done for that club, well lets just say I think he at least deserved to keep going till he end of the year, but three players texting and talking behind his back meant there was unrest there and I don't think its just a recent thing. Really though, how good would it be to have Simmo at the club, his experience would be invaluable! As for some people being a bit salty that he didn't come home when we needed him, he just won a flag with West Coast, so lets be a little realistic, he's always been a North boy, now he's free, next year depending on his contract obligations or 2026.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sports Editor of the West also:

So the bloke responsible for this..
Zero class by the West as usual.

View attachment 2044061

takes exception to someone being harassed and hounded online?

Hypocrisy GIF

And they then proceed to post a picture like that of Mr ****.......his own parents would slander him...

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
100% posted to attract negative comments that would then blocked in order for the paper to report tomorrow that # number of social media users were blocked for the negative comments they made about woodCOCK (as emphasised by Simmo).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back