Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

So, so far from last years draft, the Saints picked up a homophobe and a bully of disabled people.
Not a great strike rate.

They need to dial it back to the good old days

Oh wait

uJWENBW.png

Last edited:
Very harsh on Charlie Cameron. Not malicious at all, and three weeks is way too many. Should not even be facing weeks for pushing a player backward.

How hard is it to call someone a ****stick rather than a ******?

If you gave me a couple of thousand attempts at calling someone a bad word, I don't think I'd pull that one out off the top of my head even once

He's an 18yo kid. Not excusing it but how much dumb shit did any of us do at that age?

I know people want him hung, drawn and quartered but a shorter penalty but with a heavier educational component would've been better imo.

I'm going to take a wild guess that he's not been raised in an enlightened household.

He's an 18yo kid. Not excusing it but how much dumb shit did any of us do at that age?

I know people want him hung, drawn and quartered but a shorter penalty but with a heavier educational component would've been better imo.

I'm going to take a wild guess that he's not been raised in an enlightened household.
A wise man once said “he that has never said a homophobic slur among you, let him hang, draw and quarter the 18 year old idiot”
Something along those lines.

you’re absolutely right though, it shouldn’t be a hanging offense but how ****ing dumb can you be. Edit: upon reflection this is just what’s reported/picked up. There is probably numerous players every week going out there saying this sort of shit

As to how much dumb shit did I say at that age? My brother in Christ, how much dumb shit do I say now almost 20 years older? Probably more tbh

First year player, I would have thought that would put him in prime territory for suspending a large portion of his punishment. Because you're right, it's probably an educational/behavioural thing more than anything else and it's not like the AFL system has had him long enough to indoctrinate him on this stuff. Sure, most players don't seem to have issues with it, but everyone's circumstances are different and if you want someone to take this stuff on board without becoming completely resentful then you can't just whack them as hard as possible and leave it at that.

Saints board is hilarious reading regarding it however.

It's all big bad Clarkos fault.

Unbelievable that Clarko got a lighter punishment for saying a less offensive word ONCE.
Why should THEIR player get 6 weeks for saying a far worse word reportedly 10+ times, after the AFL has given repeated warnings that it's not tolerated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A wise man once said “he that has never said a homophobic slur among you, let him hang, draw and quarter the 18 year old idiot”
Something along those lines.

you’re absolutely right though, it shouldn’t be a hanging offense but how ****ing dumb can you be. Edit: upon reflection this is just what’s reported/picked up. There is probably numerous players every week going out there saying this sort of shit

As to how much dumb shit did I say at that age? My brother in Christ, how much dumb shit do I say now almost 20 years older? Probably more tbh
Seems times have changed, say something inappropriate and your in a lot of trouble banned from football or have your concert tour cancelled, jack a car or bash a senior citizen, you would be very unlucky to not make bail.

Its not an unforgivable offence, but I'm trying to imagine what would happen if a first year intern described 10 different colleagues f****ts in my workplace, and I suspect that they might get one opportunity to be educated after the second or third instance and they'd be shown the door well before it got to double digits.

Its not an unforgivable offence, but I'm trying to imagine what would happen if a first year intern described 10 different colleagues f****ts in my workplace, and I suspect that they might get one opportunity to be educated after the second or third instance and they'd be shown the door well before it got to double digits.
In my work place?

Instant dismissal.

That day.

It would be leave and don’t come back.

In my work place?

Instant dismissal.

That day.

It would be leave and don’t come back.
I have a big employer that still has a three strikes policy when it comes to these kind of workplace misbehaviours, but I reckon most people I know working for medium-large orgs would be in a similar position to you.

In the scheme of things, missing 6 games of footy is hardly the end of the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back