Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we could go back to the finals series in 2017 2019, 2020 and 2022 and quote discussion from this board and weā€™ll all be saying the same shit.

Itā€™s now noticeable.
Like that lightbulb f***ing moment when you realise clubs who contended and won a flag and the clubs we were meant to go past but didnā€™t, none of that occurred. And so the footy cycle has burnt us.
The AFLs so called goal of protecting the integrity of the game and having teams down the bottom challenge every 5-10 years and teams challenging in that time drop down the ladder is simply not true.
The cycle that is in place is just rinse and repeat of the same teams in the same bloody positions.

We need to break this and break it soon.

Yep we are basically in an EPL style competition where the same teams are rotated at the top ad nauseum, except everyone pretends we aren't.

And next year will be 10 years since our last finals win. Better hope the Bombers streak continues or we'll be the next laughing stock.

View attachment 2102543
If Hawks win tonight we will be the only ones in front of *
and as TPA mentioned the other loser franchise

If Hawks win tonight we will be the only ones in front of *
and as TPA mentioned the other loser franchise
* are almost up to 10 years straight of beating us.

The 2016 game could almost be called a loss too.

We may be able to get several streaks going concurrently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She was done the minute she admitted that she couldn't be bothered checking on the health of a player who nearly died in the service of the club.
Between the poor form of not doing it and the poor judgement of heading down media street not expecting the question, yes.

Talk about failing up.

This dud retired from the game and got a coaching job as an assistant under Malthouse at Carlton in 2012.
Proceeded to spud it up for his 4 years there being being turfed in 2015 and signing with us.

Lasted 2 years before we told him to piss off at the end of 2017.

Didn't get another job in the industry and now lands the gig as Melbourne president? Wtf have I missed?

Last edited:
Talk about failing up.

This dud retired from the game and got a coaching job as an assitant under Malthouse at Carlton in 2012.
Proceeded to spud it up for his 4 years there being being turfed in 2015 and signing with us.

Didn't get another job in the industry and now lands the gig as Melbourne president? Wtf have I missed?
I don't even remember Brad Green being on our staff lol.

Talk about failing up.

This dud retired from the game and got a coaching job as an assitant under Malthouse at Carlton in 2012.

Itā€™s ****ing astonishing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back