Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Fitzmaurice, 1924 and 1925. Essendon and Geelong. Surely been done since but that's the one I remember. Nice remnant from my borderline autistic days rifling through the annual guide
So Zoomba 23 means you were born in 1923?

This is from May 2023 and I was pretty keen on Reid and Watson at 1 and 2 last year. So was Clarko.

After we beat the Suns the plans changed and we prioritized McKercher and then took Durrsma at 3. Safe selections you can call it.

Wasnt against taking Watson at 3 and the kids just kicked 4 in his first final. We’d adore him if he played for us. Have it on good authority Clarko was overruled btw.

Yes the Hawks system is superior to ours but make no mistake the whiteboard had Ried and Watson pencilled in for the majority of 2023.

Colby was an absolute need. Duursma was definitely not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is from May 2023 and I was pretty keen on Reid and Watson at 1 and 2 last year. So was Clarko.

After we beat the Suns the plans changed and we prioritized McKercher and then took Durrsma at 3. Safe selections you can call it.

Wasnt against taking Watson at 3 and the kids just kicked 4 in his first final. We’d adore him if he played for us. Have it on good authority Clarko was overruled btw.

Yes the Hawks system is superior to ours but make no mistake the whiteboard had Ried and Watson pencilled in for the majority of 2023.
I don't even want to know....

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've drafted terribly for the last 10yrs, people blaming Clarkson are ridiculous. We've got maybe 10-15 players that are capable of playing in the Hawks system. We are a long way off, neither of our captains would get a game in that team and they share 3 out of our last 4 bnfs. Unfortunately we are bottom four for the foreseeable future, we need to start nailing drafts, national, mid season and rookies.

We've drafted terribly for the last 10yrs, people blaming Clarkson are ridiculous. We've got maybe 10-15 players that are capable of playing in the Hawks system. We are a long way off, neither of our captains would get a game in that team and they share 3 out of our last 4 bnfs. Unfortunately we are bottom four for the foreseeable future, we need to start nailing drafts, national, mid season and rookies.
Do you see that happening?

Who is overruling Clarko?

They should be ****ed off immediately.

Well final thought for the day

Every year there’s a bolter out of the bottom of the 8 that no one saw coming

This year it was Hawks

Our time will come

I’d add to that, don’t get caught up trying to copy what they’ve done. Trends change. Going all the way back to 1979, Barassi admitted we’d made a mistake trying to beat Hawthorn after ‘78. Get tougher. Then the Carlton mosquito fleet came along…..

Interesting that Lewis mentioned that Moore and Scrimshaw laid down the law to the group after the shit start. Now yes we could do with some decent experience, but ownership needs to come from within.

Biggest lie in sport is that experience breeds leadership. It can elevate it but not create it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back