VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel for Laz.

He tries his guts out and gets himself into so many great positions with his agility and running capacity but he is just a massive butcher merchant.

Drury has looked clean today.

What's your view on Payne?

His draft footage was ok but didn't scream AFL pressure forward to me, didn't demonstrate repeat efforts at SPEED.

Did he demonstrate a lot more AFL qualities over a couple of years?

It seems harsh but I didn’t think he had enough tools to be an AFL player. He is tough, has some defensive intensity but his kicking and decision making was never up to scratch. I didn’t think he was prolific enough as an overager to justify pick 1 in the MSD.

It seems harsh but I didn’t think he had enough tools to be an AFL player. He is tough, has some defensive intensity but his kicking and decision making was never up to scratch. I didn’t think he was prolific enough as an overager to justify pick 1 in the MSD.
Kicking and decision making hasn’t been a problem at this level. He is just too small and lacks fitness, so he doesn’t stay consistently involved.

I feel for Laz.

He tries his guts out and gets himself into so many great positions with his agility and running capacity but he is just a massive butcher merchant.

Drury has looked clean today.

If he was 5-10% cleaner and more one touch I’d have more confidence in his game. The fact that he fumbles so often means he puts himself under pressure far often than he needs to.

If he was 188cm there would probably be a role for him somewhere in the AFL side (like Tucker) but with his height and lack of versatility, it’s a hard sell for him to stay on the list next year imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You surely can’t take this seriously when Southport brought their own umpires?

The players themselves are umpiring the contest.

It’s at joke levels.
The umpiring is one of those things. I think we might have played finals with fair umpiring in the VFL.

A fairly ugly humid game with the usual crap local umpiring. The opposition was overtly more mature and fitter than us. Drury, Greenwood and Maley the main standouts.

Cooper with 2 goals and 6 tackles.

Will Dawson with 18 hitouts and 10 tackles.

Laz tried, but butchered it. Stevo was Stevo.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back