List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see him joining them (aka *) why would Brad Scott come out and say if he leaves the saints he has chosen North.. Granted NDS could have changed his mind. If so its his loss. Onwards and upwards for the roos regardless!

I cant see him joining them (aka *) why would Brad Scott come out and say if he leaves the saints he has chosen North.. Granted NDS could have changed his mind. If so its his loss. Onwards and upwards for the roos regardless!
Sounds Like NDS heart belongs to St Kilda and will move if they get a deal they are happy with? All signs point to stay away as he hasn't shown any real commitment to want to be at our club. I don't think we will look back over time and regret not having him up on the dais to receive a premiership medallion with the rest of our list ;)

Carl comes from a very big accounting firm... im sure he knows how to handle a dollar or two

Indeed, if a Big 4 partner can't manage our finances we have no hope.

Is Dal Santo back form holiday yet? Time to decide whether he wants to go down the FA or not.

If not we trade Delaney and move on.

Really strange situation with Essendon, assuming this article has ANY substance behind it. For two weeks now the entire speculation seemed to centre on us wanting the FA deal, versus Pelchen insisting on a trade. Now all of a sudden Essendon comes into the picture with a FA idea?

On one hand, we'd hate to lose out to the scum, there is no doubt about that. On the other hand, Essendon is so far out of touch with reality, it's entirely possible they haven't even spoken to St Kilda or Nick for that matter, and have simply decided to have a go, and leaked this GREAT IDEA of theirs to Robbo. I mean, we are talking about a club here whose President and Coach were facing the media with a straight face, telling them "we'll be playing finals in 2013", only to admit to the charges the next day. And it's the same club that conducted "fake interviews" for a coach's role twice in 3 years. So I am not exactly sure if this club has any credibility to be snatching anyone from under our noses. I mean, have they even tried dealing with Pelchen? He'll teach Thompson a thing or two about negotiating. ;)

But the fact Nick has NEVER declared he wants to come to North does suggest anything is possible. That's why I was really surprised to hear at the B&F Brad say that Nick has chosen us if he is to change clubs. Time for Nick to make a statement. Enough of this "good clubman" bullshit.

How do you know we aren't?
I don't think we are shopping him around because we may see him as a cog to get the Dal Santo deal done. In fact this could be a masterstroke from Pelchen? Delay the time we have to shop Delaney around so we end up giving him to St Kilda on the cheap as other clubs have made their deals and its also most likely stopping us for going hard after Bruce from GWS. Maybe we are getting screwed without knowing it? Now does it not seem strange that all the other FA deals have been done and we still haven't heard if NDS even wants to come to North or not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is plenty that doesn't add up in this article when you read it closely.

Even if North Melbourne believed it had a better package to offer St Kilda given the Delaney sweetener, that is irrelevant if Dal Santo wants to be a Bomber.

Free agents can nominate their club of choice, so he could accept an Essendon deal even if it was more beneficial to St Kilda for him to go to the Roos.

The Roos have also ruled out acquiring Dal Santo as anything other than a free agent, denying they had packaged pick 26 and Delaney for the All-Australian.

Even though both North and Essendon only want Dal as a free agent, according to the article, it is suggesting it will be as simple as Nick's nomination, even if we had a better deal.

Firstly, Delaney isn't exactly part of the deal under FA scenario. Even if we unofficially offered to trade him cheaper. But secondly, if we were to decide to offer them a trade for Dal to tramp Essendon, St Kilda could easily block the Free Agency option as they have the final year option. So it's absolutely wrong to say that it's entirely in Nick's hands.

Sounds like it's just wishful thinking on Essendon's part that they can just come and grab him. Pelchen could easily block the move, and would do so, if we decided to offer a trade option.

I don't think we are shopping him around because we may see him as a cog to get the Dal Santo deal done. In fact this could be a masterstroke from Pelchen? Delay the time we have to shop Delaney around so we end up giving him to St Kilda on the cheap as other clubs have made their deals and its also most likely stopping us for going hard after Bruce from GWS. Maybe we are getting screwed without knowing it? Now does it not seem strange that all the other FA deals have been done and we still haven't heard if NDS even wants to come to North or not?
Does where we trade Delaney to actually affect Dal Santo coming to us though? Saints want to get rid of him. They know they're not getting our pick 26 so they will get the compo pick after he's picked up as a free agent (whether its by us or Essendon or anyone else).

If we were to trade Delaney to Carlton tomorrow morning, what can the Saints do about it. If they activate his contract for next year then they're stuck with him for at least another season, significantly dropping his value for this time next year.

Saints have said in the past (ad nauseum) that they want to keep Del separate from the Dal Deal. (say that last bit 10 times quickly).

Only reason is they reckon they'll get him for free in the PSD if they can stall us out of getting Dal.

so the Sainters are worried NDS FA compensation wont be good enough?
sainters would prefer 26 then the compensation pick.

okay what about this for a way around it.

sainters FA NDS
Delaney and 26 (second Round) for 37 (third round) and the compensation pick, they did not want it anyway.

after all signed and delivered, We make sure we pay NDS enough, $1M (whatever it is) next year to ensure his compensation is band one. Pick 4 is ours.:D

Saints have said in the past (ad nauseum) that they want to keep Del separate from the Dal Deal. (say that last bit 10 times quickly).

Only reason is they reckon they'll get him for free in the PSD if they can stall us out of getting Dal.
That's what this all could be, one big giant stall tactic. Dal Santo may actually be playing his part in the whole charade?

Love to see a LH/RH column thing done after it's all done and dusted, along a 'they said'/'we said or did' line. I imagine it would be hilarious reading. BF poster says "Rant, rant, rant, huff, puff, no way, we should, they're idiots if they think' etc. and a RH column with a behind the scenes NM 'what we were actually thinking, saying or doing' at the same time.

I imagine it could actually be three responses:

1. We said we'd like to get Nick via FA and he's indicated he's open to that and, if you're willing, would welcome coming to our club.
Seinfeld-Laughing-with-Cigar.gif

2. [In response to Pelchen's antics and 5,000+ posts with BF suppositions and concerns...]

tumbleweed-o.gif

3. A deal is done via FA OR we walk away OR we relent and offer Pick 26.

damon__don__t_walk_away_by_xchiarax-d4vonij.gif

Meanwhile in the real world Docherty looks to be going for pick 28. Cant believe we are not neck deep in that one :(

Meanwhile in the real world Docherty looks to be going for pick 28. Cant believe we are not neck deep in that one :(

This is why it should be a trade week.

If you want to get something done a week is plenty. If you want to feed your own ego by trade blocking and reading about yourself in the paper then the trade period is just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back