The official Dalziell versus Staker thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no need for anyone to end up being bagged like Fletcher was
+ 1 :thumbsu:

These are our boys and yet some supporters circle around them like vultures, just waiting for them to fall. :confused:

How about waiting for some of these relatively young players to gain confidence after a couple of tough years before tossing them to the wolves.

+ 1 :thumbsu:

These are our boys and yet some supporters circle around them like vultures, just waiting for them to fall. :confused:

How about waiting for some of these relatively young players to gain confidence after a couple of tough years before tossing them to the wolves.

btw i meant fletcher when he was all-australian :thumbsu:

n715622804_208359_2085.jpg

Didn't know Staker had a pussy....

I think wce have easily won the deal here, think dalziell early last year looked awesome, then injured and struggle to return? real ball winner might be a bit slow but can help kerr & but if nothing else fantastic depth player. I dont overly rate staker! on the other hand there is JON, that is concerning! although he might pulll his finger out and prosper at home and away from the scum of richmond!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on the other hand there is JON, that is concerning! although he might pulll his finger out and prosper at home and away from the scum of richmond!

I'm not having a dig at you or Carlton, but it could be like a Kennedy to WC situation with JON. We have great development staff and they could help him to reach his potential.

And here's hoping that he was extremely far from his potential at the Tiges, otherwise we'll look pretty stupid!

My question about this trade is, will Dazzle slot straight in?

Will he play on the wing, too short? or in the centre? You have some real guns coming through Ebert and Masten have to play in the midfield, you'd want Swift in there too? Kerr and Priddis are walk ups, and will Shuey get some time this year? Rosa's in there somewhere too. I know Priddis is a good in and under player but do you think he will get less game time due to the need to give some real experience to the youngsters?

It would be strange to have a ball magnet sitting on the bench for so many rotations, especially since he has such a big tank.

Do you guys see him getting constant games?

Looks like a high half forward flank. I see us taking the attitude that he could be our next Rowan Jones but thats a big if, Jones had such commitment to contests especially through the air. Dalz will need to do more than just run around Subiaco, im allot more interested in us producing solid ball movement and for me that means trying to get game time into Sheppard and Smith but if we find room him of a HFF he could prove a strong asset.

He just has to be better than Rosa. Anyone know how his footskills and marking compare?

Sadly they are on a par with Rosa's footskills and marking.

However he may have a bigger tank.

He will be a depth player I suspect... just as Staker was. At the very least he will put some competition and pressure on both Rosa and Houlihan and thats always good to have with in a Club.

Having said that I genuinely hope that he proves me wrong and becomes a roaring success and a starting 22 player.

He will be a depth player I suspect... just as Staker was.

This probably boils down to how you define "depth player" but IMO Staker was a best 22 player.

From my point of view, "best 22 player" = Plays most games when not injured and can't be described as "gun", "AA", "Megagenius" etc.

and "depth player" = player outside the best 22 coming in when there are injuries and getting a handful of games. In the past these players have been Adkins, Wooden, Armstrong and others.

Sadly they are on a par with Rosa's footskills and marking.

However he may have a bigger tank.

He will be a depth player I suspect... just as Staker was. At the very least he will put some competition and pressure on both Rosa and Houlihan and thats always good to have with in a Club.

Having said that I genuinely hope that he proves me wrong and becomes a roaring success and a starting 22 player.

I think Rosa is a better (more complete) footballer than Dalziell. Rosa is a better kick than Dalziell.

He just has to be better than Rosa. Anyone know how his footskills and marking compare?
To be fair I thought Rosa had a very solid 2009, in fact our midfield held it's own most of the year. The disposal let us down but that will improve with players gaining confidence in themselves, their team mates and the new game plan.

Don't judge Dalziell on his last few games because his confidence was jaded and he was coming off a knee injury.

With the zone defense you now need the half forwards to get back into the defense and then run hard to make the play up the ground. HF is fast becoming an elite runners role so that should suit Razzle Dazzle.

I have him clearly in the best 22 and expect him to be a major cog in the engine room.

I am not jumping on any band wagon, I've been a fan of his since his dazzling first game. Injury cut him down last year and Vossy had others in front of him but given a chance he will prove his worth on the big Subiaco ground. I suppose there must be some query if Vossy was not impressed but I will give Razzle the benefit of doubt until he gets a chance to slot into our side. Dream team mid, you will be sorry if you leave him out, he is an accumulator. Hold off with Super coach though, not really suited to outside mids.

I think Rosa is a better (more complete) footballer than Dalziell. Rosa is a better kick than Dalziell.

I would agree with that comment. And I also don't consider Rosa a depth player he is in our best 22 at the moment. My only knock on Rosa is that I am not sure how much improvement he has in him. This season should answer that question.

Likewise agree with Snooperclyde Rosa's 2009 was encouraging.

Alas time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

The official Dalziell versus Staker thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back