The official "Red Clash Guernsey = ZOMG LOSS CONFIRM'd" topic

Remove this Banner Ad

Red clash jumper back AGAIN tonight. We have worn this more than our proper away guernsey this year. Red Adelaide jumper v Maroon lions jumper.....are the AFL a bunch of morons??? Wait......dont answer that.:rolleyes:

Our home guernsey would have been suffice. :thumbsu:

Red clash jumper back AGAIN tonight. We have worn this more than our proper away guernsey this year. Red Adelaide jumper v Maroon lions jumper.....are the AFL a bunch of morons??? Wait......dont answer that.:rolleyes:

Didn't Brisbane wear their white jumper at home last year against us because all three of our jumpers were deemed to clash? So why this year is it okay?

you know i don't really like those predominately white clash guernseys but i think it's time we move with the times and the AFC should probably look into making one for at least next year

I'm all in favour of that.

Freo and bullies do it and I like it. Carlton's clash jumper is a beauty.

Time for us to come up with a predominantly white guernsey with the tri-colous on it ,perhaps in the Bullies style.

I hate this red bastard of a guernsey whhich seems to render our players powerless.

I thought we broke the curse last time..

How many times have we worn that new away jumper? I was at 2 games I think were they wore it and thought it was good. I know the club had problems with the numbers and going to fix them next year or something, we havent given up on it already? If not, you would think they would of come up with an actual away jumper that didnt clash with so many teams.

I'm all in favour of that.

Freo and bullies do it and I like it. Carlton's clash jumper is a beauty.

Time for us to come up with a predominantly white guernsey with the tri-colous on it ,perhaps in the Bullies style.

I hate this red bastard of a guernsey whhich seems to render our players powerless.

I don't think the white is entirely necessary... an all yellow with a splash of red and blue would suffice IMO, but anyway I present to you exhibit a:

Adelaide3.jpg

Looks terrible!

We should redesign the red jumper so it looks like this below. Get rid of both the current away jumpers and use these ones below next year.

clash.jpg

We wear this new jumper in all away games vs these teams, home and away and finals.

* Brisbane (blue on top, maroon much darker than red)
* Carlton
* Western Bulldogs
* Essendon
* Richmond
* Fremantle
* Melbourne
* West Coast home
* West Coast blue/gold

We wear the standard home jumper with white shorts (with the exception of Sydney) in away games vs

* Collingwood
* Hawthorn
* Geelong
* North Melbourne
* Port
* Sydney
* Boring ol' St Kilda

Our standard jumper is also used in all home games and home games in the finals at AAMI or a home Grand Final at the MCG (if we ever make one) Or away finals matches against the teams above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks terrible!

We should redesign the red jumper so it looks like this below. Get rid of both the current away jumpers and use these ones below next year.

clash.jpg

We wear this new jumper in all away games vs these teams, home and away and finals.

* Brisbane (blue on top, maroon much darker than red)
* Carlton
* Western Bulldogs
* Essendon
* Richmond
* Fremantle
* Melbourne
* West Coast home
* West Coast blue/gold

We wear the standard home jumper with white shorts (with the exception of Sydney) in away games vs

* Collingwood
* Hawthorn
* Geelong
* North Melbourne
* Port
* Sydney
* Boring ol' St Kilda

Our standard jumper is also used in all home games and home games in the finals at AAMI or a home Grand Final at the MCG (if we ever make one) Or away finals matches against the teams above.

A predominately red away guernsey will not work. Surely last night confirmed that. The one you have posted is really not that dissimilar to our current one in that it has a red base with blue/gold below the chest.

A yellow based version of the homw guernsey would be better than the red one you have posted:

Adelaide2Clash.jpg

Though I still think there is too many hoops making the jumper too busy, so something like this would be preferable IMO:

Adelaide2.jpg

I'm not a fan of the white either, I was just showing a way in which if it had to be done would be best.

No it wouldn't. I've watched Lion-Crow games previously with the dark blue Vs dark maroon & the immediate contrast isn't evident - in fact it's terrible. Must admit that last night "live" - the red (with white shorts) was better - but still not perfect (at least to these eyes).

Still - I don't think the red jumper was the cause of your loss - make that dodgy decision making & terrible hand/foot skills. And Brisbane were worse!!! (apart from a 5 minute patch of the last quarter)

No it wouldn't. I've watched Lion-Crow games previously with the dark blue Vs dark maroon & the immediate contrast isn't evident - in fact it's terrible. Must admit that last night "live" - the red (with white shorts) was better - but still not perfect (at least to these eyes).

Still - I don't think the red jumper was the cause of your loss - make that dodgy decision making & terrible hand/foot skills. And Brisbane were worse!!! (apart from a 5 minute patch of the last quarter)
Correct.

Its absurd to blame the loss on a jumper. Well the one in question anyway.

I suppose if they were wearing pink dress with frills that may explain a loss.

But seriously the red jumper is fine and I like it.

We lost the game as our game plan has changed from Round 1 to now.

Red uniform???, did it cost us? - The 3-8 record does not look good at all.

But its more likely the way the players played. If we play like this vs Geelong and we will get destroyed by 50+ points.

Remove this Banner Ad

The official "Red Clash Guernsey = ZOMG LOSS CONFIRM'd" topic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back