The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Now mandated all schools in Louisiana must display the 10 commandments šŸ˜‡

I love the old biblical epics and this movie even more. Nearly every scene is perfect.
To look at the ā€œI want to be a womanā€ scene and understand that was over 40 years ago!
How the ā€˜Peopleā€™s front of Judeaā€™ hates the ā€˜Judaen People's Frontā€™ and how that sort of stuff is still such a thing.
To be both funny and witty is not common and to still be relevant over 40 years ago is remarkable.

Some great posts in the last few pages, well done. It is staggering though that so many people can not see straight through Trump's BS when it is, and has been, in plain sight for so long.

It doesn't require an education or to be of any particular demographic to understand he is a massive fraud.

I get that lots of disenfranchised Americans are disillusioned with their place in the world, but to put even a smidgeon of their faith in an utter fraudster collectively beggars belief.

Still, I suppose religions have perpetuated the same fraud on people for millennia. Humans can be so disappointing with the ability to easily misplace trust.

I'm no Trump fan, but last time he got elected there were dire predictions, and the sky didn't fall down.

The economy grew, and has continued to grow. However 'economic growth' is a facile measurement of how content a nation's citizens are.

I like to watch a fair bit of citizen journalism from the US on YouTube. The old rust belt & coal belt are In bad shape.Huge areas are derelict and crime ridden. Massive opioid addiction thanks to big pharma . Inner cities look like homeless encampments. One of the more liberal cities in the States, Portland Oregan made the well meaning but foolhardy decision to decriminalise drugs.Now half the town is covered in tents.

It's problems like these that politicians seem powerless to tackle.

Then there's the young black men imprisoned for 30 years for making a bad decision when they were 18. Obviously they're criminals but the prison documentaries are heartbreaking.

What does it matter who is in charge ? Really

Thatā€™s horrific about Portland. Wonder what people who are pro drug decriminalisation and not worried about crime think of that

I get that lots of disenfranchised Americans are disillusioned with their place in the world, but to put even a smidgeon of their faith in an utter fraudster collectively beggars belief.

Still, I suppose religions have perpetuated the same fraud on people for millennia. Humans can be so disappointing with the ability to easily misplace trust.
Ouch. That's close to home!

Th role of the judiciary is to interpret not law, not make it, and to uphold the rule of law. The recent ruling of one man being above the law has essentially undone a 250 year old democracy, from the greatest heights to the lowest lows this is ā€œone small win for man (sic), one giant disaster for mankindā€

The appointment clause, plenary nomination right of POTUS, senate confirmation and lifetime tenure of the judiciary were clearly created in good faith. He wasnā€™t within fault, but Hamilton outlines the reasoning concisely in federalist documents. Unfortunately, any true virtue in US politics is long gone, replaced by virtue signalling.

With the continual stretching and distribution to the extreme left and right, it has become more important than ever that the judiciary is relatively moderate. It was obvious the standing rule change removing the 60 vote burden from cloture and final filibuster deterrent would lead to what we are now seeing. A sitting president and simple majority in the Senate = political and ideological puppets in the Apex court of the land.

Last edited:
Some great posts in the last few pages, well done. It is staggering though that so many people can not see straight through Trump's BS when it is, and has been, in plain sight for so long.

It doesn't require an education or to be of any particular demographic to understand he is a massive fraud.

Thatā€™s right. Many people now believe governments are the new saviour in their lives and look to the big man or woman, not in the sky now, but in Canberra or Washington etc. They think that if they believe a doctrine or philosophy and enough other people do too, it must be true and this system will be not only their Saviour, but everyone elseā€™s too. Everyone else must also believe in it too. And they they do this on so many areas of all our lives now. What happens this November wonā€™t be the end of civilisation, not even close.

Honest Joe, say it ain't so.....

In the fall of 1987, after months of campaigning, Biden was confronted with a series of lies he had made in earlier campaigns about his academic record and class standing while in law school at Syracuse University. Then came equally seriousā€”and provenā€”allegations of plagiarism as his campaign speeches came under close scrutiny by the national press. There were things, Cramer writes, that Biden had said during a television interview ā€œabout his IQ, and his scholarships, how he graduated with three degrees, at the top of his class.ā€

Honest Joe, say it ain't so.....

In the fall of 1987, after months of campaigning, Biden was confronted with a series of lies he had made in earlier campaigns about his academic record and class standing while in law school at Syracuse University. Then came equally seriousā€”and provenā€”allegations of plagiarism as his campaign speeches came under close scrutiny by the national press. There were things, Cramer writes, that Biden had said during a television interview ā€œabout his IQ, and his scholarships, how he graduated with three degrees, at the top of his class.ā€

Thanks for that wayniac, can you now throw up their fact checking on Trump ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that wayniac, can you now throw up their fact checking on Trump ?
You seem to be the expert on that. Just trying to add some balance here. The Biden lies came from Seymour Hersh, not Politifact. It's not a black and white world but that's how you are conditioned to believe. Joe good, Orange man bad!

You seem to be the expert on that. Just trying to add some balance here. The Biden lies came from Seymour Hersh, not Politifact. It's not a black and white world but that's how you are conditioned to believe. Joe good, Orange man bad!

Ha , just as I suspected
Donā€™t worry mate Iā€™ve already read it.

Itā€™s not good is it šŸ™ˆ

Does anybody actually think Joe is 'good'?
:think:

My post you quoted had no opinion on Biden. He's no saint, especially when it comes to supporting a regime committing genocide courtesy of US supplied weapons.

But the American people have to make a choice. The choice to reasonable people thinking of the bigger picture looks fairly straightforward, even if it's the worst of two bad options to start with.

My post you quoted had no opinion on Biden. He's no saint, especially when it comes to supporting a regime committing genocide courtesy of US supplied weapons.

But the American people have to make a choice. The choice to reasonable people thinking of the bigger picture looks fairly straightforward, even if it's the worst of two bad options to start with.

I have locked horns with Wayniac way back .
He is a Trump man through and through.

Feel a bit sorry for him , when you have to defend someone who lies like you and me breathe, well thatā€™s a tough gig.

Trump just talks shit, Biden is just trying not to shit

Historically, there has been significant support for isolationist positions in the USA. Isolationism appears to be increasing again in recent years due to the state of the US economy.
Im not sure that the occasional bouts of US Isolationism are rooted in economics. My reading of history tells me that prior to WWII when the movement was last at its strongest it was one grounded by some who wanting to avoid another bloody European entanglement and others who followed noted anti-semite and sympathiser of all things fascist Charles Lindbergh.

Pearl Harbour put paid to all that. From that point on it was the beginning of the American hegemony and an economic post war boom.

The modern iteration is somewhat influenced by the past 30 years of pointlessly wasteful wars in the Middle East and Afghanistan. However, as is the way of all things on the right of America politically its is less about isolationism as it is getting instep with Donald Trumps preference for countries led by so called strongmen who like to indulge in a bit of totalitarianism. It's no coincidence that he speaks so highly of autocratic dictators like Xie, Putin, Jong-un, Orban and Mohammed bin Salman. All of whom rule with a singular ruthlessness, dismantle its institutions and crush dissent in an instant all the while operating above their countries laws. Sounds aspirationally familiar, eh?

Yet Trump does nothing but criticise and bully his supposed allies. This alone should be enough to disqualify him in my mind, but it seems that a large portion of the US population have daddy issues and desire the firm hand of a strongman. And if the price for that is the end of democracy otherwise known as...project 2025. Or as they themselves like to refer to it the second American revolution. Then they are ok with it as long as its their guy.

IMG_2994.jpeg
For all Americaā€™s issues 248 years ago today this amazing sentiment was declared. These 35-36 words, many say the greatest and most inspiring sentence ever issued? The fact that a nation built its framework on these enlightenment principles is something we all benefit from greatly. And as gross men and parties are doing their utmost to undo these ideals, we should always go back to them as the default. In Americaā€™s darkest hours Lincoln called upon it in the civil war, the ā€˜Gettysburg Addressā€™. And Martin Luther King did so in the darkness of the civil rights era with his ā€˜I have a dreamā€™ speech, wanting to ā€˜cash the checkā€™ that the Declaration promised.

And then Biden grabbed them by the pussy, r*ped a woman in a department store and ejaculated in a pr0n startā€¦.oh wait!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back