The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Baier trying looks to be trying get some respect back after Harris made him look like a partisan hack last week.
It was from 2023 but still surprising!

If Trump doesn't get 270 electoral college votes on 5 November I think it's a fair bet that a whole bunch of lawyers are going to be very very busy (and get even richer than they already are) in the ensuing weeks.

Every aspect of the vote in every swing state will be the subject of a legal challenge or six. They will fight it all the way through to January.

Money for lawyers is no object when you have the richest man in the world giving away $1m a day just to get voters enrolled for the cause. Anyway if they get Trump over the line they will get it all back and a whole lot more in the next 4 years. Taxpayer foots the bill of course.

I'm just wondering whether the USA has enough lawyers to handle the demand between now and Christmas.

If Trump doesn't get 270 electoral college votes on 5 November I think it's a fair bet that a whole bunch of lawyers are going to be very very busy (and get even richer than they already are) in the ensuing weeks.

Every aspect of the vote in every swing state will be the subject of a legal challenge or six. They will fight it all the way through to January.

Money for lawyers is no object when you have the richest man in the world giving away $1m a day just to get voters enrolled for the cause. Anyway if they get Trump over the line they will get it all back and a whole lot more in the next 4 years. Taxpayer foots the bill of course.

I'm just wondering whether the USA has enough lawyers to handle the demand between now and Christmas.

Well Trump knows a fair few dw.
He’s participated in over 4000 lawsuits and still counting during his miserable life so far.
Perhaps he can get Giuliani and the Kraken lady Sidney Powell out of mothballs once their own criminal court cases are out of the way.

Trump’s mentor Roy Cohen would have been in awe of his protege clocking up all these lawsuits while assembling the crowd of misfits he has.

Last edited:
Your Secret Service mates giving you the inside word again glenashley?
Got no personal knowledge of her but it's publicly known that she churns through staff like butter and blames others for her short fallings, so can imagine it would be awful being on her protection team.

PS. We catching up for a beer at the next dogs Qld game?

It’s a tactic he’s used all his life. In a courtroom the richest man wins. I sincerely hope that can’t still be the case when you’re taking on the state.

The world is so rooted.

A nice twist would be if the judge in the NY case handed down a custodial sentence the day after the election and issued a warrant for his arrest.

Trump weaves around the greens and through the bunkers of mar a lago in a white bronco hotly pursued by us marshalls with choppers overhead

I'd watch

Last edited:
ABC News (US) and Washington post has Harris at 51-47. Extending her lead by 2 points from last week (assuming 2% undecided).

Needs to be a significant electoral college margin for Harris. If she wins narrowly, court cases en masse guaranteed, and likely violence.

MAGAdiots don't understand the electoral process or democracy. And probably wouldn't care even if they did. A snake oil salesman has them so far down the rabbit hole, many of them will never make it back out.

Pity Michelle Obama didn't run, a far more galvanising presence, but I get why she wouldn't throw her hat in the ring of the exceedingly larger cluster-f***s that each US presidential election brings.

Ah, well, looks like I'll have to replenish supplies in that doomsday bunker...

Needs to be a significant electoral college margin for Harris. If she wins narrowly, court cases en masse guaranteed, and likely violence.

MAGAdiots don't understand the electoral process or democracy. And probably wouldn't care even if they did. A snake oil salesman has them so far down the rabbit hole, many of them will never make it back out.

Pity Michelle Obama didn't run, a far more galvanising presence, but I get why she wouldn't throw her hat in the ring of the exceedingly larger cluster-f***s that each US presidential election brings.

Ah, well, looks like I'll have to replenish supplies in that doomsday bunker...
To be fair, the violence is on both sides. Antifa destroyed so many businesses on inauguration day in 2017. So I hope the insinuation isn't that the violence will only be from the right. Not that I condone any political violence at all, but just think both sides need to be called out.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back