Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Who has the better future prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's spot on. At Richmond if he could have forced his way into the team 3 flags awaited him. At Geelong, $700k a year and AA honours. All about culture like you say. :)
Tigers were gonna win that 2019 grand final vs GWS regardless lookin' back at it. Tigers could of replaced any bloke on the bench and replace him with Tyson Stengle and let him sit on the bench the whole game. It wouldn't of mattered

• I'm talking 20 years not 1, injury luck balances out over two decades but we do a better job of managing workload than most teams IMO. We missed finals last year, which allowed us to have a longer pre-season and we've taken full advantage of that.
  • I'm talking 20 years not 1, the age profile ebbs and flows over time and hasn't meant much, we are seeing the average age declining right now for Geelong....so what.
  • Unique dimensions like say the SCG? And with every GF at the MCG, you always have a home game in the GF, that's a real advantage for you guys. You are so lucky to have home games when it really matters, we aren't so lucky.
  • Scott didn't design any rules but we have seen rules changed to combat methods to try and beat us. That's because we're so often the team to beat. It's gone the other way too, 3rd man up (significantly blunted the impact of Blicavs) a good example.
  • By a margin, we've had the toughest average draw in the league over the last 20 years due to our consistent success.....It hasn't changed much for us. It's been a good draw this year but I'm talking 20 years NOT 1 so draw isn't really a factor
True

You guys finished 13th last year that’s why you’ve got such a sweet fixture.
Doesn't mean the cats get favoured every season.

Carlton won 2 finals and made a preliminary final in 2023 , yet got an easier draw than the 12th placed cats.

Mind you, the cats were not that terrible in 2023. 10 wins, 12 losses and a draw. 12th placed on the ladder.

They lost a few games by 12 points or less. Had they won 2 or 3 more games, that's another 5th to 8th spot.

Maybe your club should try it some time.
North Melbourne have got a long way to go from their position to be flag contenders. I think they will by the end of the decade.

As a dockers fan, I hope we get a premiership at least once in my lifetime.

Port Adelaide fans think once Hinkley is sacked, 🥛 they will win a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Back