Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Who has the better future prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Declare your hand then. How good is Brown going to be?

I honestly don't know.

He lacks any intensity in the contest and is a defensive liability at the moment. But he sometimes takes a nice mark and is a beautiful kick. He basically looks like early years Zach Guthrie without the defensive game.

It wouldn't shock me if it eventually clicks and he turns into a good player. But there's serious risk of him being a bust and delisted within a couple of years. I wouldn't give up a top 40 pick for him.

Compare him to Lawson Humphries who played a similar role. You'd think Brown was the late draftee given the major deficiencies in his game while Humphries looks like the early draftee maturing into a star. That's despite Brown having 3 years in the system while it's Humphries' first.

There's nothing particularly wrong with Tom Brown. He's so far been disappointing given his pick but still might come good. The fact you were convinced he was better than Holmes only a few months ago is very amusing. The fact he's one of Richmond's more promising kids is alarming.

I honestly don't know.

He lacks any intensity in the contest and is a defensive liability at the moment. But he sometimes takes a nice mark and is a beautiful kick. He basically looks like early years Zach Guthrie without the defensive game.

It wouldn't shock me if it eventually clicks and he turns into a good player. But there's serious risk of him being a bust and delisted within a couple of years. I wouldn't give up a top 40 pick for him.

Compare him to Lawson Humphries who played a similar role. You'd think Brown was the late draftee given the major deficiencies in his game while Humphries looks like the early draftee maturing into a star. That's despite Brown having 3 years in the system while it's Humphries' first.

There's nothing particularly wrong with Tom Brown. He's so far been disappointing given his pick but still might come good. The fact you were convinced he was better than Holmes only a few months ago is very amusing. The fact he's one of Richmond's more promising kids is alarming.

Don't agree with your assessment personally.

He grew 6cm in the 1-2 years after being drafted. Clearly indicating that he needed some time to fill out to a size suitable for AFL games.

This year was a good year. Looked very decent down back, great mark, amazing by foot, and found the goals when moved forward.

I think he has a real future personally as a promising tall. Not sure which end he should be at - I think forward but plenty of other fans think back.

My only gripe is that I wanted JVR.

I honestly don't know.

You've made one solid statement there. You wouldn't give up a top 40 pick for Tom Brown. So let's bookmark that and see how well that ages.

He grew 6cm in the 1-2 years after being drafted. Clearly indicating that he needed some time to fill out to a size suitable for AFL games.

This year was a good year. Looked very decent down back, great mark, amazing by foot, and found the goals when moved forward.

I think he has a real future personally as a promising tall. Not sure which end he should be at - I think forward but plenty of other fans think back.

He will be a hybrid defender in the Vlastuin mould. He is a similar height(his listed height is wrong.)

Pretty sure they were mainly playing him forward just to help his education as a defender, they only moved him forard once his shoulders were knackered, knowing he would need operations on them anyway.

He needs to build a better tank. But if he does, he will be a very nice player. We can see he is a brilliant kick and a strong overhead mark.

He will be a hybrid defender in the Vlastuin mould. He is a similar height(his listed height is wrong.)

Pretty sure they were mainly playing him forward just to help his education as a defender, they only moved him forard once his shoulders were knackered, knowing he would need operations on them anyway.

He needs to build a better tank. But if he does, he will be a very nice player. We can see he is a brilliant kick and a strong overhead mark.

He is listed as 193cm literally everywhere dude, and if you look at him on the ground I think he's comfortably around that height.

Personally I like him as a forward given his kicking is beautiful and he can take a mark.

I think we moved him forward because we had literally nobody else to play there aside from Kosi.

Wikipedia:
1727836547222.png

RFC official site:
1727836572405.png

ZeroHanger:
1727836606399.png

AFL Tables:
1727836623629.png

FootyWire:
1727836653862.png

Surely you realise they will have an 'enviable' hand at this year's draft table?
oh yeah thats right, the one single first rounder they get for Bolton will send shivers down the competitions spines. A couple of picks in the 20s for Baker and Rioli is just the epitome of a 2024 'warchest'

I think his listed height is wrong on all sites. Don't ask me why. I think I read jack Riewoldt saw that and scoffed and said there is no way Tom Brown is anywhere near 193cm(Jack's height.)

Why not ask you why?

Any reference to Jack's comment?

He looks about Grimes' size to me when I'm at the games.

More than happy for you to be bullish on him. He shows flashes of genuine talent. By your 3rd year you'd like to see more and see AFL level intensity which was really lacking but he might still become a very good player.

But please tell me you don't think he's a better footballer than Max Holmes. Or that Richmond should be super excited by Brown, Sonsie, Banks, etc while Geelong should be concerned with how Holmes, Dempsey, Humphries, O Henry, etc are going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Back