Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Who has the better future prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Meteoric Ruse is all about finals performances, until it's a discussion about a young Geelong player who had an influential final.

Then it's all about home and away performances (where Henry's 'stats' are relatively impressive for a young, mid sized forward anyway).

Oh my.

Read the thrad before going off half cocked like an imbecile.

He had a great finals series. My post was about his home and away season only, and if you follow the thread you would see that was the case.
You posted it after the final series ...

Unfortunately, the rest of us just have to accept that the Cats have a really good group of kids.

Fortunately, the rest of us have to accept that the Tigers have such a poor group of kids that they're selling off all their good players to try to get some good kids for the future.

You posted it after the final series ...

Unfortunately, the rest of us just have to accept that the Cats have a really good group of kids.

Fortunately, the rest of us have to accept that the Tigers have such a poor group of kids that they're selling off all their good players to try to get some good kids for the future.

You clearly didn't read my earlier posts leading to that post or you would know I was specifically discussing his home and away season. But of course you know best.

Are there any people here who still believe the 'salary cap' applies to all cubs equally?

The Cats are playing funny buggers right underneath the noses of AFL HQ and nobody says boo.

Are they?

Their list is full of nobodies. Go through their PF team, who would be on big money?

Stewart - plucked from South Barwon and is now 32yo, wouldn't be huge cash.
J Cameron - yep big money, rightly so.
O Henry - ok money probably, bit of a soft **** move getting 'homesick' from a 50 minute drive.
Dangerfield - well past his best
Bowes - yep big money as salary dump.

That's pretty much it?

J Martin was delisted, he will cost SFA.

Both Smith & Oliver will cost a fair bit but if anyone could afford them, it's Geelong - they have no other big names

You clearly didn't read my earlier posts leading to that post or you would know I was specifically discussing his home and away season. But of course you know best.
I read it. It was an odd attempt to rundown a player who had recently stood up big time with huge moments when it mattered most.

Ok so you think me describing his poor home and away season as a poor home and away season is running him down. Noted.

You said he had "a really poor home and away season". Was it that poor?

After 10 games he was going at 2.1 goals per game which would be top 10 in the league. So his first half of the season sounds pretty handy. Imagine how much you'd talk up Bauer (older than Henry) if he did that.

Then he was subbed off injured against Richmond, missed a game, played a couple of games as sub and was noticeably hobbling a few times in the back half of the season. Even the coach was saying he was struggling with an injury. He didn't play well for a couple of months.

Then he bounced back and dominated the last game and then finals.

It's weird how someone like Tom Brown who was available for the first 20 consecutive games gets to use the injury excuse to justify a poor season.

But Olly Henry who missed games and was subbed on or off multiple times because of injury doesn't get that mentioned. And his poor 10 games while managing an injury gets used to tarnish his very good first 10 games and last 3 games. I wonder why that is🤔

You said he had "a really poor home and away season". Was it that poor?

After 10 games he was going at 2.1 goals per game which would be top 10 in the league. So his first half of the season sounds pretty handy. Imagine how much you'd talk up Bauer (older than Henry) if he did that.

Then he was subbed off injured against Richmond, missed a game, played a couple of games as sub and was noticeably hobbling a few times in the back half of the season. Even the coach was saying he was struggling with an injury. He didn't play well for a couple of months.

Then he bounced back and dominated the last game and then finals.

It's weird how someone like Tom Brown who was available for the first 20 consecutive games gets to use the injury excuse to justify a poor season.

But Olly Henry who missed games and was subbed on or off multiple times because of injury doesn't get that mentioned. And his poor 10 games while managing an injury gets used to tarnish his very good first 10 games and last 3 games. I wonder why that is🤔

He had this shown to him the other day and his response was ‘ratingz’

Thought I'd check through the coaches votes this year for players currently under 25.

Geelong:
Players to poll votes -
6 (Holmes, Dempsey, O Henry, De Koning, Bruhn and Humphries).
Total games receiving votes - 26
Total votes - 119

Richmond:
Players to poll votes -
Total games receiving votes - 0
Total votes - 0

It's so funny coming back these threads after spending time on the Draft/Trade board.

There = Geelong have such a start-studded list on every line that they MUST be rorting the salary cap!!

Here = Geelong's good players are all old blokes who are out the door, and they have only mediocre B-graders coming through!!

It's so funny coming back these threads after spending time on the Draft/Trade board.

There = Geelong have such a start-studded list on every line that they MUST be rorting the salary cap!!

Here = Geelong's good players are all old blokes who are out the door, and they have only mediocre B-graders coming through!!

There’s literally a thread in this main board where we are nominated by every second poster as potentially having the worst midfield in the league.

While we undoubtedly have one of the best forward lines, we do have one of the least star-studded midfields (whether it’s the worst or not is very debatable as we seemed to hold our own) and our defence has one star, and a handful of really dependable players around him.

A squad tipped at the start of the season, WITH Hawkins in it, to probably miss the finals, has a never-before All Australian potentially added to it, and Clayton Oliver and we simply MUST be sorting the salary cap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s literally a thread in this main board where we are nominated by every second poster as potentially having the worst midfield in the league.

While we undoubtedly have one of the best forward lines, we do have one of the least star-studded midfields (whether it’s the worst or not is very debatable as we seemed to hold our own) and our defence has one star, and a handful of really dependable players around him.

A squad tipped at the start of the season, WITH Hawkins in it, to probably miss the finals, has a never-before All Australian potentially added to it, and Clayton Oliver and we simply MUST be sorting the salary cap?

On the bright side I think we can all be confident Richmond won't be rorting the salary cap once Bolton, Baker and Rioli go.

So you really do believe that.

There's one born every minute.

Make a case.

Go on. These accusations get thrown around randomly but very rarely get backed up with anything beyond ‘because I think so.’

Analyse the list. Compare it to another side. Carlton is an obvious one who’s volume of top tier stars is already high, AND they are in the hunt for a current two time All Australian in Dan Houston who is at the peak of his powers.

Are they rorting the cap?

The players we are after - one of them is a gun at is peak but has been a dumpster fire and the other has never made an AA squad let alone a team and is coming off an ACL.

Would you look at that. Ollie "very poor H&A season" Henry ahead of Jeremy Cameron in our B&F half way through the season:

1000031571.png

Elite players are begging to come to Geelong. Opposite to Richmond, running to the other side of the country.
I could care less about the BS that fills this childish thread but the Cats are easily the closest thing we have to a high powered EPL team in the AFL. The playing field is clearly titled in Geelong's favour just like Man City or any other team in the world that gets to name their own price to get whatever they want.

This is the ludicrous nature of the EPL. The fans of the top teams carry on like they are part of something special but really their competition is geared towards the fail safe mechanics that ensure a perpetually unfair league.

And I'll say it again, Geelong is the closest thing we have in the AFL to the EPL madness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Back