Autopsy The Red V defeat Bulldogs - Rd 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question - anyone else think we're in the conversation for the flag? Form in Victoria is tops. Who cares if we lose the odd game to a second rate Hawks, we're not going to face them in Finals, our record against the 8 is huge.

Genuine question - anyone else think we're in the conversation for the flag? Form in Victoria is tops. Who cares if we lose the odd game to a second rate Hawks, we're not going to face them in Finals, our record against the 8 is huge.

Nick Riewold said it this week.

The number 1 thing that doesn't really matter but matters to me is to watch another heritage jumper red V win. (We've had a good record in the heritage jumpers)

I support the Swans first and foremost for that jumper and whilst I have come to accept and love the opera house jumper the red V means so much to me in why I support and why I'm going to pass that on to my son.

The covid situation isn't great but if it means the Victorian fans get a good look live at the boys I'd be very happy with that as I really appreciate the heritage.

Umpires = bad

Tom McCartin = good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can go deep into September and anything’s possible.

I feel like we don't have enough pre-seasons under the belt to challenge for the flag just yet but I think we could certainly make it to the third week of finals.

I didn't get kicked out but had a few stares for some choice works about the umpires.

Fantastic win! McCartin and Dawson were incredible.

lol Well done. We would be a bad combo. At the footy my voice was like an over miked trombone.

The number 1 thing that doesn't really matter but matters to me is to watch another heritage jumper red V win. (We've had a good record in the heritage jumpers)

I support the Swans first and foremost for that jumper and whilst I have come to accept and love the opera house jumper the red V means so much to me in why I support and why I'm going to pass that on to my son.

The covid situation isn't great but if it means the Victorian fans get a good look live at the boys I'd be very happy with that as I really appreciate the heritage.

It means a lot we all love it

We should bring it back for the rest of the Melbourne run

Re commentators, who was “Johnno”, coz he was pretty good and it’s a voice I’ve not heard before?

Brad Johnson, has been commentating for at least 10 years.

McCartin got away with a push in the back early. Like what were the umps thinking when they had their chance to pump up the numbers. But other than that hard to nominate a much better game from him in defense. Has rightly been criticised of late, but what a game he had.

I've read the trade thread, and I still don't want to trade Heeney.

I don't think Heeney should be traded, I don't think he should be dropped... I think we should keep him and play him!

I don't profess to be the most knowledgeable person on the board, but I'm still entitled to my opinions...

The comments re Heeney in the first half were no complimentary re Heeney, I made a sarcastic comment in response... well beg my fckn pardon!

Why are you so cranky? We won, what most seemed to believe was an unwinnable game...
Why would anyone want to trade Heens. ****ing idiots

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

**** YES

We beat 25 and relatively convincingly! Seriously, don't know how anyone can respect the Bulldogs. They literally get assistance every single week and it's not even subtle. **** them.

Horse might've finally figured out where to play his attacking weapons. Get the runners off half back (McInerney, Blakey) and get the kickers off half forward (Dawson, Gulden). I will humbly brag that I have always said Dawson's suited to a wing/flank role more than just parked in defence, and also that I always said McInerney was suited to a half back role. However I did NOT see Blakey's move to defence paying dividends. He looks a completely different player. Still early days and time for it all to go pear-shaped, but hats off to Horse. It's pretty great coaching.

McCartin rewarded all those who believed! He's had a mixed bag of a season but performances like this are why he should be in defence. He has no regard for his safety, will just throw his body into every pack, has the longest reach that can impact every ball even just by a finger, and is a brute. I see a lot of Reg Grundy in him, and if he is half the player Reg was, we have a PLAYER!

Our forwards actually kinda sucked tbh. They looked so disorganised and fumbly and I'm pretty sure every one of them wasted an incredibly gettable shot at some point. I'm exempting no one, btw. Not the kids - Wicks, Errol, Hayward, Amartey - and not the stars - Buddy, Heeney, Papley. And yet we led for nearly all of the day. Incredible stuff, and very promising.

Now I'm getting shit-faced!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The Red V defeat Bulldogs - Rd 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back