Autopsy The Red V defeat Bulldogs - Rd 17

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like this thought bubble from Montagna

It‘s almost like John Longmire uses that halfback spot for players to build their confidence.

“Mills did a lot of it, now he‘s a permanent mid, Dawson built his game off halfback, now he’s playing more through half-forward/wing, and now it’s Nick Blakey who’s building his confidence and building his game; so who knows where his game will be in a year or so?”
Hang on. Are you saying Horse might know what he's doing?

Blakey looks a different player

Yeah I'll put my hand up, early last week I made the call he wasn't going to make it as a player. It's as if he's heard me, because the rest of his game last week and then again today have been fantastic. His kicking efficiency has gone through the roof.

Looks like McCartin will get his first YPOTY vote this week after somehow not getting one all year. He was my favourite to win it this season...

I've read the trade thread, and I still don't want to trade Heeney.

I don't think Heeney should be traded, I don't think he should be dropped... I think we should keep him and play him!

I don't profess to be the most knowledgeable person on the board, but I'm still entitled to my opinions...

The comments re Heeney in the first half were no complimentary re Heeney, I made a sarcastic comment in response... well beg my fckn pardon!

Why are you so cranky? We won, what most seemed to believe was an unwinnable game...

absolutely spot-on ... heeney is simply untradeable ... superstar ... might not be at that level this season, yet, but it's there, it's always there with heeney ... matchwinner, superstar, all class ... we're building an outstanding, premiership-contending team, maybe even this year ... we keep heeney, there is no argument otherwise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as much fanfare as the game vs Richmond in which we played a blinder (to be fair Richmond are struggling hard). This is a better win than the Richmond and Brisbane one tbh. It wasn't all smooth sailing for sure and it would have been easy to crack the sads with the umps but fair play to the team, they held in there when momentum wasn't going our way and looked the better team.

If they're all living together now for weeks they can build up some serious chemistry, I think it could be good. No one's going to want to waste gameday

Lets go deep
We seemed to be one of those clubs that embraced the situation and grew in the hub last year.
There does seem to be a real togetherness & camaraderie in the club.

Today I loved Buddy's reaction after he kicked his goal.

My reading of it was far less about his goal and much more about the team, the journey and who knows where the final destination will be.

Negitive I know but we need more pressure in the forward 50

Ronke needs a go
Going into this match we were the number 1 team in forward 50 pressure so I’m not sure how much more they can do.

How tf did he not get it for the Geelong game?

Amartey and Blakey split it

Its been such a competetive year from the young guns that the leader is only on 3. So McCartin could get his first vote in R17 and still win 😅

I did...now.
Being a channel seven game...
Not going to get a fox team
:)

No shit lol, Johnno was on the GWS coverage right before and it crossed over so I got my wires mixed. Not the end of the world.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The Red V defeat Bulldogs - Rd 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back