Autopsy The Red V defeat Bulldogs - Rd 17

Remove this Banner Ad

FMD. The after game discussion between Eddie, Montagna and co. had the vibes of a bloody funeral.

Swans had just had one of the great wins of the season and all they talk about is what the bravedogs need to do to get back on track.

Bloody sickening.
It’s like we don’t exist.

Anyway, Eddie got the sack from his club so I’m happy.

We need to get the ball in Hewett's hands more. Give the run-with roles to someone else and let the guy just hunt the ball. He is so much cleaner than our other mids
Not sure who else can do what Hewett does - he’s the best tagger in the comp.

I know we all want Dawson re-signed ASAP, but I’m equally keen to see George locked away.

JUH is going to be a star and I wish him all the best, but by keeping him goalless today denied the Dogs a big 'moment' they could use to feed off and gather momentum from.

Has a long way to go. One day maybe they'll have highlights from today of him getting tackled every time he went near it, or maybe he'll fade into obscurity.

Not sure who else can do what Hewett does - he’s the best tagger in the comp.

I know we all want Dawson re-signed ASAP, but I’m equally keen to see George locked away.

I think we'd be surprised at who would be capable of tagging if we actually tried them. But Horse won't change it. It's infuriating.

I feel like clearances are a little more overrated these days. Certainly centre clearances can be more damaging but around the ground it could be argued you’re better off not winning the clearance but conceding it and creating a turnover instead. I think we have improved markedly in the turnover stakes.

Richmond is a case of point in the last few years.

Stoppage clearances from a rush kick for the most part end up the oppositions hands and then they can set up going forward. Doesn't help us at all.

I don't think we are facing the top 5 again this season... no doubt we can push it against top teams but now we will find out if they can get up against middling teams at best... Spots in the 8 is going to be on the line so the boys should know that its not going to be a cakewalk all the time.

Need to stay ready.
We’ve been such giant killers this year I half wish we were playing only Top 8 teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gulden is a hard working talent. Some of his non possession work is right up there.

Hickey probably Is the difference this year. Amazing first year for the club he’d be up there in the Skilton.

Lloyd was shaky this week IMO after being very good last few. Probably more so first half then worked hard to contribute second half.

McCartin and Dawson were bog

Blakey looks to have his spot. Have to give him a little bit of time he’s going to make some errors but it seems to be somewhere he is suited.

For first on the ladder the Dogs were poor and if it’s solely because McNaughton was out they have issues.
Blessed by the umpires (especially that farcical free kick to Young in the last) still weren’t good enough.
We looked dangerous going forward even though Buddy and Papley were well held.

Obviously playing on the wide expanses of Marvel helped (4m longer 8m narrower). Still it would be nice if we make the finals and host that we played at the SCG.

McCartin had a great game like he did last week ( I gave him votes last week). Dawson up the ground mixes things up.

JUH is going to be a star and I wish him all the best, but by keeping him goalless today denied the Dogs a big 'moment' they could use to feed off and gather momentum from.
Interesting to contrast that to Logan's first game against the Lions. 3 goals, strong hands and plenty of bustle. Not knocking the kid, I'm sure he'll be a good player, but I think maybe both us and Adelaide got better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The Red V defeat Bulldogs - Rd 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back