Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

What do you expect as Win/Loss ratio for the next 6 games?

• 6-0

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • 5-1

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • 4-2

Votes: 35 28.7%
  • 3-3

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • 2-4

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • 1-5

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 0-6

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m an interstate + social club member, haven’t heard too much about the premiership circle one until reading this thread tbh.

Without wanting to get too ahead of myself/ourselves, what’s the standing room only at the MCG like? I only did it once at Marvel v Bombres when it was a last minute call to go (their home game), and it sucked to even find somewhere with a half decent view to see anything.

Its funny, I remember everything before and after the game on that day. I remember what I did in the morning, what I did pregame, post game and later that night. But from the first siren to the final siren its a complete blur, I only have like two memories. one of which was a Sydney supporter sitting behind me spilling his beer all over me.
I went to Transport for predrinks, then walked down to the G along the river. Wasn't fussed with the music that year, so just wandered around the G, embraced the feeling then got to the seat. Ended up having a mate that came in after the game and we hung around and listened to Vance Joy on the stage post game, then waited for the team to be presented. I remember all that, but the actual moments of the game etc, no memory whatsoever, much like you.
Then of course I got to VUWO the next day and boy oh boy, what a crowd that was!

I’m an interstate + social club member, haven’t heard too much about the premiership circle one until reading this thread tbh.

Without wanting to get too ahead of myself/ourselves, what’s the standing room only at the MCG like? I only did it once at Marvel v Bombres when it was a last minute call to go (their home game), and it sucked to even find somewhere with a half decent view to see anything.
Standing room at the MCG is tiered, unlike at Marvel which is flat

I went to Transport for predrinks, then walked down to the G along the river. Wasn't fussed with the music that year, so just wandered around the G, embraced the feeling then got to the seat. Ended up having a mate that came in after the game and we hung around and listened to Vance Joy on the stage post game, then waited for the team to be presented. I remember all that, but the actual moments of the game etc, no memory whatsoever, much like you.
Then of course I got to VUWO the next day and boy oh boy, what a crowd that was!
Seems very similar to me.

I was planning on arriving at Flinders St at about 11:00am but I couldn't sleep due to excitement.

Instead I

• Arrived at Southern Cross at 8:30am.
  • Went to the Mail Exchange and had a latte + Big Breakfast.
  • Got a tram to Fed Square where I ran into Danny McGinley and had a selfie with him.
  • Went to the Transport Bar for pre drinks with a couple of friends.
  • Walked to the MCG along the Yarra.
  • Continued drinking in a packed Sportsbar on the basement level of MCG.
  • Arrived in our seats just as the pre match entertainment commenced.
  • Spilled my entire beer at the 26 minute mark of the final term as I celebrated Liam Picken kicking the sealer.
  • Went onto the MCG post premiership celebration.
  • Walked to Fed Square, ended up back at the Transport Bar.
  • Started chatting to a middle aged couple about how amazing the GF was. After five minutes of chatting to them, they mentioned their son won the Norm Smith Medal. Ha, that was unexpected.
  • Barely slept that night and ended up at a packed Whitten Oval the next day.
  • Watched the GF about ten times over the next two weeks.

Oh how I'd love to experience that all again. What a stark contrast to 2021.

Was the same in 2016. But as far as I know all SC got seats in 2016 anyway despite not being guaranteed.
Sydney also didn't use their full allocation in 2016, meaning that their leftover seats were all standing room as they would have shifted over some of the Dogs' standing room allocation over to the Swans in their (unclaimed) package.

Given that if we make the GF again Port, Fremantle, GWS etc. may not use their full allocation again this year, it's a real possibility.

Complete opposite from everyone in this thread, remember every God damn detail from the game and nothing either side of it.

Goals in order:
Parker
Cordy
Dickson
Boyd
N Smith
Dickson
Picken
Mitchell
Rohan
Kennedy
Kennedy
Boyd
Mitchell
McLean
Dickson
Kennedy
C Smith
Franklin
Picken
Hewett
Stringer
Boyd
Picken

Pretty sure.... 🤷‍♂️

Can't even remember what accommodation we stayed in. I remember we could see the 'G from it at least. That's about it.

Did go to Sunday at VUWO though. Wow.

NOTE: Dammit, incorrect, it was Stringer - Hewett - Picken in the last...

Last edited:
Not sure about 2016, but current SC doesn’t guarantee a seat. Possible standing room only.
I was sold on the fact that you have Social Club, you are guaranteed a ticket…its luck of the draw what you get as to seat or standing or where

Complete opposite from everyone in this thread, remember every God damn detail from the game and nothing either side of it.

Goals in order:
Parker
Cordy
Dickson
Boyd
N Smith
Dickson
Picken
Mitchell
Rohan
Kennedy
Kennedy
Boyd
Mitchell
McLean
Dickson
Kennedy
C Smith
Franklin
Picken
Hewett
Stringer
Boyd
Picken

Pretty sure....

Can't even remember what accommodation we stayed in. I remember we could see the 'G from it at least. That's about it.

Did go to Sunday at VUWO though. Wow.
You left out JJs goal…it wouldn’t have been overruled today, I'm convinced of it

If you get there early enough so that you’re at the front of the terraces, standing room is actually a decent view at the G.

It’s usually good at Docklands too, unless you get there late and it’s a Carlton or Essendon game. Then it can be hard to get a good spot.

I choose to go standing room every game. Sitting doesn’t do it for me.

I had social club and managed to get a seat third level Punt Road End. Sat with Dogs_r_barking and Igloo and one of the best days of my life. The whole day was a blur, I still don't even remember the whole day now hahaha!
Exactly the same for me, just a colourful, exciting, surreal blur. I want to do it again , so I can plan it better and hopefully remember it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not great, but it's better than not being there. I had a good view of the ground play - the important bit - but sometimes couldn't see the ball at its highest point because of how far back I was under the overhanging stands.

In general I'd much rather stand at the footy as long as the view is OK, but that's just me. The modern AFL model is all-seat stadiums so I guess it's a thing of the past, apart from GFs.

Anyway if you're a social club member you shouldn't have to worry about any of that. You should get a seat.

Not great, but it's better than not being there. I had a good view of the ground play - the important bit - but sometimes couldn't see the ball at its highest point because of how far back I was under the overhanging stands.

In general I'd much rather stand at the footy as long as the view is OK, but that's just me. The modern AFL model is all-seat stadiums so I guess it's a thing of the past, apart from GFs.

Anyway if you're a social club member you shouldn't have to worry about any of that. You should get a seat.
DW i had a seat in the 3rd row behind the Sydney cheer squad goals and in the last quarter the majority of the play was up the other end. I watched most of it on the big screen.

Like you said, better to be there for the atmosphere wherever you are - you can always watch the replay!

Seems very similar to me.

I was planning on arriving at Flinders St at about 11:00am but I couldn't sleep due to excitement.

Instead I

• Arrived at Southern Cross at 8:30am.
  • Went to the Mail Exchange and had a latte + Big Breakfast.
  • Got a tram to Fed Square where I ran into Danny McGinley and had a selfie with him.
  • Went to the Transport Bar for pre drinks with a couple of friends.
  • Walked to the MCG along the Yarra.
  • Continued drinking in a packed Sportsbar on the basement level of MCG.
  • Arrived in our seats just as the pre match entertainment commenced.
  • Spilled my entire beer at the 26 minute mark of the final term as I celebrated Liam Picken kicking the sealer.
  • Went onto the MCG post premiership celebration.
  • Walked to Fed Square, ended up back at the Transport Bar.
  • Started chatting to a middle aged couple about how amazing the GF was. After five minutes of chatting to them, they mentioned their son won the Norm Smith Medal. Ha, that was unexpected.
  • Barely slept that night and ended up at a packed Whitten Oval the next day.
  • Watched the GF about ten times over the next two weeks.

Oh how I'd love to experience that all again. What a stark contrast to 2021.
Middle of the longest lockdown the world has ever seen, Melbourne.
Woke up early, couldn't sleep. Ran down to the Coles to buy some BBQ supplies and beer.
Was super depressed I couldn't watch it in person, and had no one else to watch it with.
Best mate ended up calling me and saying ''screw the lockdown rules I'm coming over to watch with you'' - Couldn't say no, fired up the BBQ, cooked a nice meal, had some beers and watched it up until the first goal kicked in the 4th quarter. At that point he was like ''best I be leaving (his a Sydney supporter)'' - he left.
I turned it off, haven't watched it since.

Middle of the longest lockdown the world has ever seen, Melbourne.
Woke up early, couldn't sleep. Ran down to the Coles to buy some BBQ supplies and beer.
Was super depressed I couldn't watch it in person, and had no one else to watch it with.
Best mate ended up calling me and saying ''screw the lockdown rules I'm coming over to watch with you'' - Couldn't say no, fired up the BBQ, cooked a nice meal, had some beers and watched it up until the first goal kicked in the 4th quarter. At that point he was like ''best I be leaving (his a Sydney supporter)'' - he left.
I turned it off, haven't watched it since.
It's an absolutely rollicking game if you only watch it up until the point in the third quarter where Schache doesn't get a blatant arm chop free.

As far as I'm concerned the game finishes there.

It's an absolutely rollicking game if you only watch it up until the point in the third quarter where Schache doesn't get a blatant arm chop free.

As far as I'm concerned the game finishes there.
It’s like the first 3/4s of the 1997 prelim v Adel

It’s like the first 3/4s of the 1997 prelim v Adel
I especially like the bit where Neil Kerley say “Danger time for the Crows, Darren Jarman hasn’t touched the ball” I believe its early in the 2nd quarter….actually no….i hate this comment because of what i know is still to come

Just upgraded from interstate member to include social club membership. Don't want to miss out if we reach the GF. Go Dogs feeling pumped. Also gave a small contribution yesterday. Lets win all the way through to a grand final and then beat Sydney with some controversial free kicks.
Come on Dogs let's do it.

The PTSD from last years and 2021s final three games is kicking in for me this week. We need to show we've moved on as a team. Finishing in the top 4 would be just amazing. None of these next three are easy wins though.

Crows have looked alright these past five weeks and we're playing them at a ground we haven't won at since 2021.
North challenged us last time and will probably make it back to back wins against West Coast this weekend. They'll be up and about.
GWS beat us last time in Ballarat and will most likely be fighting for top 8 or top 4 too.

The positive note for us is we haven't lost to any "Bad" teams this year. In fact we've beat most of them by comfortable margins. Essendon and Melbourne we didn't show up and they were both in form at the time. And we thought Hawks, Port were bad at the time but they're both flying now.

We should be confident but its hard to be as bulldogs supporter.

After this weekend it should be pretty clear where we may end up. What a crazy weekend of footy we have coming.

The PTSD from last years and 2021s final three games is kicking in for me this week. We need to show we've moved on as a team. Finishing in the top 4 would be just amazing. None of these next three are easy wins though.

Crows have looked alright these past five weeks and we're playing them at a ground we haven't won at since 2021.
North challenged us last time and will probably make it back to back wins against West Coast this weekend. They'll be up and about.
GWS beat us last time in Ballarat and will most likely be fighting for top 8 or top 4 too.

The positive note for us is we haven't lost to any "Bad" teams this year. In fact we've beat most of them by comfortable margins. Essendon and Melbourne we didn't show up and they were both in form at the time. And we thought Hawks, Port were bad at the time but they're both flying now.

We should be confident but its hard to be as bulldogs supporter.

After this weekend it should be pretty clear where we may end up. What a crazy weekend of footy we have coming.

The games you note last year and 2021 hang over as a dark shadow with 3 weeks to go and a finals spot or even top 4 place there for the taking

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

Back