Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

What do you expect as Win/Loss ratio for the next 6 games?

• 6-0

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • 5-1

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • 4-2

Votes: 35 28.7%
  • 3-3

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • 2-4

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • 1-5

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 0-6

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just put $100 on us to miss the top eight at $6.

I think we probably make it even with one win tbh, as I can't see Carlton or Essendon winning both their remaining games. But worth the emotional hedge because I'll need to do some heavy drinking if the club manages to screw up finals from here, so at least I'll have the funds to buy some decent quality stuff.

I've just put $100 on us to miss the top eight at $6.

I think we probably make it even with one win tbh, as I can't see Carlton or Essendon winning both their remaining games. But worth the emotional hedge because I'll need to do some heavy drinking if the club manages to screw up finals from here, so at least I'll have the funds to buy some decent quality stuff.
Buy a bottle of Grange and open it when we next win the flag

After a day of brooding I'm back to being blindly optimistic about our squad. I see it this way, The Power smashing was the kick up the arse we needed to get that magical run of 4. If the boys treat that shitshow that occurred on the weekend as fuel in a similar matter, we'll be in a prelim In four games. By that time the 4 game magic will be gone and we'll need to rely on one of Bevo's vague metaphorical ideas and connections to Napoli sauce to clinch the prelim. Then it's as simple as paying the Umpires in the granny.
Sad Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Last edited:

Our last couple of years we have produced flakey inconsistent form. But we have looked cherry ripe for 4 of our last 5 games. OK, OK we looked like a stale half eaten Turkish delight last week. But I think we can Moro in and fulfil our dream and picnic on the roos with a crunchy win.
That would definitely boost our chances against the Giants and I remain upbeat that I will be on the bubbly come grand final day.
Let's finish 8th and like our great winter Olympian 'do a Cadbury'.
Screenshot_20240813-110227_DuckDuckGo.png

Our last couple of years we have produced flakey inconsistent form. But we have looked cherry ripe for 4 of our last 5 games. OK, OK we looked like a stale half eaten Turkish delight last week. But I think we can Moro in and fulfil our dream and picnic on the roos with a crunchy win.
That would definitely boost our chances against the Giants and I remain upbeat that I will be on the bubbly come grand final day.
View attachment 2077952
We lost our Milky Way last round

View attachment 2077952
What a load of Polly Waffle

We are the masters of blowing big chances. So top 4 is out of the question. Looks like 6 to 8 if we make it. If we beat North and the blues and bombers both lose we are in regardless of the GWS game. A win in both and we most likely play the hawks in a home final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are the masters of blowing big chances. So top 4 is out of the question. Looks like 6 to 8 if we make it. If we beat North and the blues and bombers both lose we are in regardless of the GWS game. A win in both and we most likely play the hawks in a home final.

“Home” final against the Hawks.

I'll take it every day of the week.

Elimination final, 2 exciting teams, we'd be one of them, at the G with the opportunity to go further if you get it right.

It's what you go through the season hoping to get to.

I agree with this. I've seen here and on twitter people saying "no thanks" to a final against Hawthorn and I'm the opposite.

We haven't played a final at the MCG or Melbourne since 2016, the opportunity to go to a final at the G and watch JUH, Bont etc doing there thing in front of a big crowd is exciting.

All other possible outcomes for week 1 are playing in interstate unless Geelong do something crazy.

Give me a final at the G any day, regardless who the opponent is.

An elimination final against the Hawks at the G in front of what will surely be a full house, yes please.
We really shouldn't care who we play as a first up matchup if we make it. We've shown our best will beat anyone.

I really just want to see a final live in Melbourne. Considering I go to 10+ games a year, it's incredible to think I've managed to see one final live (GWS in 2019) in the past 8 years. I've now missed 2016 (overseas), 2020 (Covid), 2021 (Covid) & 2022 (Perth).

Last week we got ahead of ourselves and it bit us on the butt.

Let's just concentrate on beating a hungry North Melbourne who will likely dominate the rucks with Xerri, just like Adelaide did, and we saw how that turned out.

One positive for the Dogs is it sounds like North's best player, Harry Sheezel, is out with an ankle injury. Hard nut George Laidlaw sounds like he could be back though.

We can't rely on other teams losing to help us as that hasn't gone our way at all this year, BUT it would been very nice to see the Bombers and Blues fluff their lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

Back