Essendon
ESSENDON

B: Henry Slattery, Michael Hurley, Dustin Fletcher
HB: Heath Hocking, Paddy Ryder, Courtenay Dempsey
C: Bachar Houli, Brent Stanton, Andrew Lovett
HF: Alwyn Davey, Jay Neagle, Adam McPhee
F: Angus Monfries, Matthew Lloyd, Scott Lucas
Foll: David Hille, Jobe Watson, Jason Winderlich
Int (from): Tom Bellchambers, Hayden Skipworth, Sam Lonergan, Tayte Pears, Ricky Dyson, Jarrod Atkinson, Jay Nash

New: Michael Hurley, Hayden Skipworth

PORT ADELAIDE
B: Michael Pettigrew, Alipate Carlile, Jacob Surjan
HB: Nathan Krakouer, Troy Chaplin, Domenic Cassisi
C: Shaun Burgoyne, Chad Cornes, Steven Salopek
HF: Robert Gray, Justin Westhoff, Peter Burgoyne
F: Brett Ebert, Warren Tredrea, Daniel Motlop
Foll: Dean Brogan, Kane Cornes, Danyle Pearce
Int (from): Travis Boak, Josh Carr, Brendon Lade, Tom Logan, David Rodan, Wade Thompson, Toby Thurstans,

New: Josh Carr, Wade Thompson

Yeah im happy with that team. Its anybody's guess who will miss out. More than likely Pears, Dyson & Nash.

Quite pleased with the team, obviously it hurts having no Gumby, Spike and Welsh, but pretty happy with the rest and there is a fair bit to be positive about.

- Fletch, Lloyd and Lucas are playing..
- Houli, Dempsey, Neagle and Davey are playing

I think we can be competitive... we just need to match the workrate of their midfield which is easier said than done...

No Jetta is a massive mistake.

Big ground, slow forwards, we need pace and closing down ability up forward. Jetta provides that.

His best games have been at Subi and Aami. He plays in the 2's and gets 25+ touches and is not selected.

What gives? Is he injured?

No Jetta is a massive mistake.

Big ground, slow forwards, we need pace and closing down ability up forward. Jetta provides that.

His best games have been at Subi and Aami. He plays in the 2's and gets 25+ touches and is not selected.

What gives? Is he injured?

Jetta isnt lightning quick.

Davey, Lovett and Winderlich are all quicker and will all spend time forward.

I would have liked to see Jetta play simply for development sake but it is hardly going to cost us having him out of the team.

ANyone else thinking that SLattery will miss due to injury hence Atkinson being named amongst the extended bench?

This would be my line-up:

HB: Jarrod Atkinson, Paddy Ryder, Brent Stanton
C: Courtenay Dempsey, Bachar Houli, Jason Winderlich
HF: Angus Monfries, Matthew Lloyd, Adam McPhee
F: Alwyn Davey, Jay Neagle, Scott Lucas
Foll: David Hille, Jobe Watson, Andrew Lovett
Int (from): Tom Bellchambers, Sam Lonergan, Tayte Pears, Ricky Dyson
Emerg: Hayden Skipworth, Heath Hocking, Jay Nash

Midfield rotation is extremely important. I believe the only way we will be able to compete in the middle is by keeping the midfielders fresh by using them in short bursts.

If we come within 5 goals, I will be absolutely stoked and proud of the efforts of our best available 22 considering Port Adelaide have a full list to choose from. No excuse, simply a fact.

I saw Port beat Sydney live in the pre season. Their skills and pace (especially up forward) frighten me. We really need to put maximum pressure on them through the midfield to give our defenders a chance. I don't fancy our boys going head to head with theirs in the middle, massive gap in class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HB: Jarrod Atkinson, Paddy Ryder,Courtenay Dempsey
C: Bachar Houli,Brent Stanton, Jason Winderlich

New: Michael Hurley

skipworth should not play because of what samy said least night

Surprised Jetta didn't get picked. His speed up forward with davey could be very handy. Any discipline reasons that we haven't heard about?

Jetta has a 2.83 over 20m. He's quick over the first few but struggles to stretch out.

He's also got a quick mind which gets him a step ahead.

Quick or not, tackling is his forte and we need that in the forward line. That forward line is dreadfully slow (Other than Froggy of course, but he can only do so much)

Jetta has a 2.83 over 20m. He's quick over the first few but struggles to stretch out.

He's also got a quick mind which gets him a step ahead.

Yep and Johns once did a 2.82 for 20m.

I don't know about him being a step ahead. For someone with a quick mind he runs himself into trouble a lot.

HB: Jarrod Atkinson, Paddy Ryder, Brent Stanton
C: Courtenay Dempsey, Bachar Houli, Jason Winderlich

Midfield rotation is extremely important. I believe the only way we will be able to compete in the middle is by keeping the midfielders fresh by using them in short bursts.

If we come within 5 goals, I will be absolutely stoked and proud of the efforts of our best available 22 considering Port Adelaide have a full list to choose from. No excuse, simply a fact.

Stanton at half back ? good luck with that :D

Really pleased that Heath Hocking got a spot, as we need a run with player. Surprised that Houli was named a starter and Jetta not even in the squad? Apart from that I'm happy with the team. I think Pears, Atkinson and Nash will miss out, unless Slatts misses in which case Atkinson will come in.

If we get within 4 goals (given it is not a 70-50 game) I will be pleased. Looking forward to Hurley!

I wouldnt be surprised if atkinsonis picked purely on this weeks matchup. The port forward line is extremely mobile and we don't have enough guys who can keep up with them if he doesnt play. We havent had a decent small defender since mcviegh was moved to the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back