The team (vs. Port Adelaide)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyson has played well through the pre-season and deserves his spot. Last year everyone bagged him for playing like crap and when he actually plays well people still dont like it. geeez. its a new year lets hope he plays well throughout.

Dyson has done diddly through the pre season.

Pretty much every game was average or below. Sums up his career.

He get a heap of the pill in last years NAB allthough he butchered it mostly.

Oh well, here's hoping a dud can turn things around.

It's criminal how we, as a club, underrate Nash. He's no superstar, but he's a consistently good player who puts in 100% every match. I almost fell over last year when he was left out of the supporters' best 22.

Dyson, at his best, might just surpass Nash's average contribution - but his worst is dismal. Maybe Dyson will come good, TSB sees something in him and I hope he's right. But let's not get confused, he's a project player ... Nash is a regular contributer now, he's not a maybe.

There are few players who have earned their spot as much as Nash - he should be put on a pedistal by us, our players should strive to put in that much effort each week. You drop him for a project like Dyson or Houli, and you send a message to the other players - we don't reward effort.

Maybe his worst crime is that he is a known quantity - around here we only seem to get excited about maybes.

Dropping Nash for Dyson makes me firey hot ... with anger.

It's criminal how we, as a club, underrate Nash. He's no superstar, but he's a consistently good player who puts in 100% every match. I almost fell over last year when he was left out of the supporters' best 22.

Dyson, at his best, might just surpass Nash's average contribution - but his worst is dismal. Maybe Dyson will come good, TSB sees something in him and I hope he's right. But let's not get confused, he's a project player ... Nash is a regular contributer now, he's not a maybe.

There are few players who have earned their spot as much as Nash - he should be put on a pedistal by us, our players should strive to put in that much effort each week. You drop him for a project like Dyson or Houli, and you send a message to the other players - we don't reward effort.

Maybe his worst crime is that he is a known quantity - around here we only seem to get excited about maybes.

Err, have you been asleep for the past 2 years?

Nash is a dud. For a guy that is supposed to have good disposal he misses targets more than any other player. He can't defend and if he can't kick than what is the point in playing him.

He has 0 upside as he's got no improvement left in him.

The coach, rightly, has little faith in him and his non selection is a bad sign. To have guys like Hocking, Dyson, Atkinson play before you says a lot about his abilities.

He should be stamped with the never to play again unless we have massive amounts of injuries.

those saying dyson hasn't earned his spot clearly haven't been watching the practice matches. myself and ant have probably seen more than anyone and i have no issue with him being selected.

i will be annoyed if h.slattery plays. he really is only a fringe player and he couldn't train with the main group last week. IMO he is not worth risking and a fully fit should be playing instead. i'm hoping atkinson is the late inclusion.

Were talking about Jay Nash right?
Defenders are meant to stop their opponent first and foremost.
If they have good footskills and can create of half back then it is a bonus.....there is probably room in the side for one defender who is not very good at beating his opponent but has excellent skills and can be used offensively.

Nash is consistently exposed by the opposition when they play through his opponent and he cannot kick to save himself.

You are right about his effort but unfortunately effort is not enough.

Dyson has done diddly through the pre season.

Pretty much every game was average or below. Sums up his career.

He get a heap of the pill in last years NAB allthough he butchered it mostly.

Oh well, here's hoping a dud can turn things around.

Kelvin, the quality of your posts has dropped significantly in recent weeks.... It is not just that you are negative, but that you are making some reductionistic and hasty conclusions about a number of different topics (I do not necessarily disagree with you about Nash - it is more the way you say it).. it is almost as though you have regressed to a 10YO boy...... can you fill me in my man (or boy??:confused:)

We know Skipworth is in, Lonergan is a no brainer.

Pears and Dyson for the other two spots I think.

I really believe they'll ruck Paddy.

Given Peter is playing half-back, I presume Hocking will tag Shaun Burgoyne, with Kane Cornes (who'll tag anyway) he is their best mid. That worries me, could be good value for most disposals.

Hope you did not loose too much money taking the value on Shaun Burgoyne getting the most disposals :p

Hocking 25 , Burgoyne 15.

When he has been playing on a wing.
Half backs also have to mind a half forward.

He went to half-back a lot last season, playing as a half-back, to break a tag.

Hope you did not loose too much money taking the value on Shaun Burgoyne getting the most disposals :p

Hocking 25 , Burgoyne 15.

Thanks for the concern.

Credit where credit is due, he had a good game.
Couple of early mistakes, but he wasn't on his own.

Nash is consistently exposed by the opposition when they play through his opponent and he cannot kick to save himself.

Just for the record, a quick note on Nash's game against Carlton.

Disposals: 18
Effective: 94% (that's 17 effective)

I mention this because when I was calling for him to be promoted to the 1's, the usual response was that his disposal was too poor to justify a spot. Only Jobe (19 effective) and Stanton (20 effective) had more effective disposals on the night.

Meanwhile Dyson, who seems untouchable at selection picked up 9 effective touches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just for the record, a quick note on Nash's game against Carlton.

Disposals: 18
Effective: 94% (that's 17 effective)

I mention this because when I was calling for him to be promoted to the 1's, the usual response was that his disposal was too poor to justify a spot. Only Jobe (19 effective) and Stanton (20 effective) had more effective disposals on the night.

Meanwhile Dyson, who seems untouchable at selection picked up 9 effective touches.

Dyson tagged Murphy mostly in the 2nd half. He was pretty effective. Who was Nash playing on? I honestly cannot remember.

Dyson tagged Murphy mostly in the 2nd half. He was pretty effective. Who was Nash playing on? I honestly cannot remember.

Nash was on Houlihan who had a pretty good game. Houlihan had 19 touches, 2 goals, 2 assists, 4 clearances and 8 inside 50's. A pretty good days work for a half forward flanker.

Nash missed more tackles than <insert mardi gras joke here> so forget about his one game where he hit a few targets.

Nash and Dyson are both duds so it doesn't really matter which one's in the side. At least Dyson gives a bit of a contest these days and has improved slightly.

Nash was on Houlihan who had a pretty good game. Houlihan had 19 touches, 2 goals, 2 assists, 4 clearances and 8 inside 50's. A pretty good days work for a half forward flanker.

Nash missed more tackles than <insert mardi gras joke here> so forget about his one game where he hit a few targets.

Nash and Dyson are both duds so it doesn't really matter which one's in the side. At least Dyson gives a bit of a contest these days and has improved slightly.

If Nash is selected and his efficiency is similar to last week's, so that his performances start to point to consistency, all the better. At least it will show that he can improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back