Third Test Australia v Pakistan Jan 3-7 1000hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like Warner, Smith and Uzzie would have discussed staggering their retirements, I think Uzzie will be the last to go.

Think Smith and Ussie go at the next Ashes in Australia. Ussie might get another year on top but that’s about right

Another year after the Ashes would take Usman to 40...That seems a bit of a stretch.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Warner is 39 and Khawaja doesn’t play as much cricket it’s not that much of a stretch

Exactly. Pick the best team available at the time. It used to be one of our strengths….blokes literally had to make thousands upon thousands of runs before being considered and some never got a look in
Yep. And gifting guys games because footy fans have short attention spans, or need a shiny new toy, is pretty disrespectful to all the players who worked their butts off to achieve the honour of playing for Australia.

You have the entire team 30 plus
I think the selectors have to start thinking the future. The West Indies series provides an option

It’s not AFL mate. Plenty play till their mid to late 30’s. Shield is for giving experience and the A tours. The players have to be ready once they perform on the A tours then they will be given chances

It’s not AFL mate. Plenty play till their mid to late 30’s. Shield is for giving experience and the A tours. The players have to be ready once they perform on the A tours then they will be given chances
Its not special. At the end of the day its a team sport
You have to plan for the future.
The risk is you have multiple players retiring/injured at once

People need to accept 30 is a youngish batsman these days, if you are good enough there's sever or eight years ahead of you.

Especially with WTC points at stake there will be less blooding players at the top level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not special. At the end of the day its a team sport
You have to plan for the future.
The risk is you have multiple players retiring/injured at once

We won’t have multiple players. Look at the side. Forget the bowlers we have 20 bowling options available if need be.

Khawaja- at least 2 years away
Smith- probably 2-3 years.
Marsh- only a stop gap anyway

Green replaces one, you have McSweeney, Pucovski (maybe), and someone like Wylie (among others).

These will get chances once they perform at the A level in Aus A games.

Historically speaking not many play good into there late 30's, Khawaja is in massive decline as well and its showing.

He has 1200 runs this year or whatever I’ll take this “decline”

The key series is next year v India

Do we expect the same team (minus) Davey batting up 12 months time?

Why on earth wouldn’t it? Marsh the iffy one purely as no one can ever trust Marsh being fit but if fit that’s the side

We won’t have multiple players. Look at the side. Forget the bowlers we have 20 bowling options available if need be.

Khawaja- at least 2 years away
Smith- probably 2-3 years.
Marsh- only a stop gap anyway

Green replaces one, you have McSweeney, Pucovski (maybe), and someone like Wylie (among others).

These will get chances once they perform at the A level in Aus A games.
But I guess my point is all of a sudden with some bad run injuries you have 3 or 4 very new players in the Test team. And with extremely limited test match experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Third Test Australia v Pakistan Jan 3-7 1000hrs @ the SCG

Back