Tigers stalk Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you guys prolly hate the idea of trading with Port Adelaide, but this trade is surely a win win for both clubs and players.

Ivan Maric for Kane Cornes.

We need another ruckman to play alongside Lobbe, and I'm sure Kane could go back to his taggers role with the Crows. Plus it keeps him in SA.
Do not want as we are going through a rebuilding phase just like your club. Would prefer Port's 2nd draft pick.

I know you guys prolly hate the idea of trading with Port Adelaide, but this trade is surely a win win for both clubs and players.

We need another ruckman to play alongside Lobbe, and I'm sure Kane could go back to his taggers role with the Crows. Plus it keeps him in SA.

Don't hate trading with Port - I've still got the fond memories of the Chalmers/Downsborough swap - but surely we could pick up Cornes for bugger all in the PSD. Ultimately, it could come down to Richmond's 2nd rounder v Kane Cornes in terms of Ivan's trade value - and would you get a 2nd rounder for Kane?

Don't hate trading with Port - I've still got the fond memories of the Chalmers/Downsborough swap - but surely we could pick up Cornes for bugger all in the PSD. Ultimately, it could come down to Richmond's 2nd rounder v Kane Cornes - and would you get a 2nd rounder for Kane?

Given how overrated he is throughout the rest of the comp, I'm sure we could.

Yeah OK.....what!!!!!!! No

We are rebuilding, we don't need or want 28 year old taggers.

How about we trade you brad symes back? Yeah, NA I hear you say. Well well.

Now, if you suggested Maric for broadbent you would have a deal.

Edwards, just what we need to increase the clanger count.

We should only trade with Carlton since it's a lot more fun watching their fans squirm.

Yep, spot on.
Edwards takes the contested mark, plays on, baulks 3 players, sells a dummy or two, blind turn, he's in the clear, the crowd gasp in amazement, then he'll shank his kick.

There is no one Richmond will be prepared to give up that we'd want. Let's just keep Ivan or take the second rounder.

Nason would be good... riding in the 3rd at Randwick.
Nahas has played too well this year. They won't let him go.
Helbig? Never heard of him.

Exactly.

Once they start talking Nason, you know we don't want to trade with them!!

If we lose Tippett this will come back and bite us in the arse big time. Another reason we need to resolve the Tippett situation. The club knows if the get out clause exists, if it does and we lose both Maric and Tippett they should all resign.

Surely he meant Nason.

Nason and Edwards are both out and out spuds.

I've not minded Nason, the few times I've seen him. Which were all last year. This is the least I've followed a footy season since I started watching the game.

Second rounder as a first preference. Edwards you wouldn't touch with a 496,000km javelin. We could recruit the cat litter I chucked out this afternoon and it'd hit a couple more blokes lace out.

If we lose Tippett this will come back and bite us in the arse big time. Another reason we need to resolve the Tippett situation. The club knows if the get out clause exists, if it does and we lose both Maric and Tippett they should all resign.

Completely agree with this.

It would be negligent to not have the conversation with Tippet regarding his long term future.

We've already made 1 mistake whilst negotiating Tippet's contract, let's not make a second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we even consider Nason as part of any Maric trade? - I thought that Richmond will be delisting him anyway.

Yeah Rowey said the deal would be settled before trade week started. The names Richmond are putting up are Shane Edwards, Ben Nason and Brad Helbig.
Helbig signed a contract extension halfway through the year, so unless he's had a sudden bout of homesickness, I highly doubt he'll be on the table. Nahas I believe hasn't signed yet, with talk of GWS sniffing around. Would be really gutted to lose him after the season he's had, definitely not going to be part of the Maric deal. Second rounder may be appropriate if we can snaffle another one from somewhere, potentially Sydney...

I don't know about that, i heard niel craig is about to be offered a job at Punt road.

Something tells me big evan won't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back