Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

The courtship process used to be a lot simpler. Flirting was once considered fun? In the horrible years since the year 2000 unsolicited and/or unwelcome sexual messages can and will be considered sexual harassment, so make sure the other party is a willing participant before progressing too far. A signed waiver is the safest approach, but who approaches a girl/woman and asks her to sign "here" before saying hello? That sort of dampens the mood you're trying to establish.
Confirmation of consent is definitely required, I’d have thought ‘not making someone feel uncomfortable and unsafe’ comes before ‘dampening the mood.’

The high level of sexual assault that isn’t prosecuted is well known and well researched.

Victoria are introducing laws that state that it has to be proven that consent was sought in

it’s such a simple thing.

Something doesn't add up here.

If he was exonerated - then why has he resigned?

If his resignation was appropriate and his actions not condoned - why was he exonerated?
Looks like it was swept under the rug but the media have got a hold of it. Naïve of them to think it would stay private in the modern world. Old mate Weinstein pretty much had a dedicated team for his NDA's and didn't prevent it. Assuming there is nothing further than what is known, what Paine has done is not even close to the scale to Weinstein's actions.

Once they knew it was in the media they've gotten out into the public sphere to give it as much time between now and the first test.

As for how the media got it... The Women may have broken an NDA, but I'm not sure that is known yet.

Confirmation of consent is definitely required, I’d have thought ‘not making someone feel uncomfortable and unsafe’ comes before ‘dampening the mood.’

The high level of sexual assault that isn’t prosecuted is well known and well researched.

Victoria are introducing laws that state that it has to be proven that consent was sought in

it’s such a simple thing.

If both people are drunk and have hazy memory I doubt it's that simple?

After flirting with someone and then he sends a dick pic or she sends a vagina pic and you don't want them, I would think a simple 'too far mate, would appreciate you not sending those' would suffice.

If he sends more then report it to the cops or something?

That's just me though...

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

So you're saying there should be some sort of protocol for sending for dick pics.
A protocol.
For sending dick pics.
Let's for a minute imagine that.
I would support RWNJs losing their shit if someone proposed a protocol for sending dick pics.

After flirting with someone and then he sends a dick pic or she sends a vagina pic and you don't want them, I would think a simple 'too far mate, would appreciate you not sending those' would suffice.
I'd love to know the ratio of unsolicited dick picks to vag pics is?

It's gotta be about 1000 to 1.

And I will again ask, if things are so good then why are so many having so many problems these days living?
Stop exaggerating how the past was unless you lived it. Bad things happened back then just as they do now. 3/4 of the population were not however running around depressed and with anxiety levels they can't control.
Sexual abuse was never acceptable, emotional abuse is in the eye of the beholder. What you call a bully I may not call a bully.
I am doing fine in my life mate so no need to give me tips on how to live. Very worried about so many of the rest of you who seem to be struggling with life.
Since the internet took over our lives this century, things that were hidden are now exposed. In many instances that has been a good thing; but the corollary is that it’s not possible to keep things that would have been better kept private out of the public domain. And social media is the worst example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Women and married man engage in consensual flirting with plenty of innuendo.

This shouldn't be news. Pretty much all couples stray these days at some point. On that count, Paine only has to answer to his family.

Woman is charged with theft and then raises these allegations according to Cricket Tasmania.

I'm a cynical person.

Way too much common sense in this post - actually borderline unpopular - when you're expected to jump on the ALL men are perverts/sexual predators that can rarely resist exposing themselves while sharing consensual related adult exchanges, be they online or waking down the street..!

Be almost disappointed if this story doesn't trigger the ABC to run another one of their victimhood related current affair features about ALL women living in fear due to the despicable, sexual predatory behaviour of men...

So you're saying there should be some sort of protocol for sending for dick pics.
A protocol.
For sending dick pics.
Let's for a minute imagine that.
I would support RWNJs losing their sh*t if someone proposed a protocol for sending dick pics.
I'm saying if you get a picture sent to you you don't like with someone you're flirting with, you just say 'too far mate, let's keep it to words'

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

From what I've read, they sent each other flirtatious messages for around 12 months.

She was so offended by it, that she waited 7 months to make a complaint, when she was charged with theft from Cricket Tasmania and lost her job.

Was she trying to use this as leverage with charges she was facing?

I feel for his wife and kids, and one sentence from TP today caught my and it certainly makes it all about TP.

Paine: "We thought this incident was behind us and that I could focus entirely on the team, as I have done for the last three or four years".

His focus should have been entirely on his family, to repair the damage he had caused, not the flipping team.

Buried in the CA or Tasmanian Cricket report was the fact that it was the only time this had occurred between them so no, there's no reason to believe other pictures were exchanged.

I'd argue that if you can't tell the exact tone and context, which as you say can be difficult with texting, then sending a dickpic is unsolicited if it wasn't asked for. But ultimately that's just a differing of opinions.

I think as western royboy said, in any case it's below the expected standard an Aus cricket captain and it'll be interesting to know why CA didn't act.
Its amazing given what preceeded for him to get the Captaincy .

You would have thought CA at that point of time would have been at high alert for any form of controversy

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back