Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade period will probably play out like this:
  • WC will ask for 11 + F1st for Barrass + F2nd
  • Hawthorn will offer 27 + F2nd for Barrass + F3rd
  • WC will say no and ask for a 1st Rd pick to be included.
  • Hawthorn will offer either 11 or F1st.
  • WC will ask for 27 or F2nd to be included as well.
  • Hawthorn will offer 11 + F3rd.
  • WC will counter 11 + F2nd.
  • Hawthorn will put final offer 11 + F2nd for Barrass + F3rd.
  • Will drag out till finals minutes of trade deadline with threats from both sides of walking away.
  • minutes before trade deadline closes
  • Hawthorn offer 11 + F2nd
  • WC accept, paperwork lodged.
Also BTW we are now here 😂

Not enough from the Hawks.
Swans are offering 19+22 for 13, Hawks are also offering f1+f2 for 13
Hawks have one of the worst offers for 13, Swans one of the best

Hawks would have to give up at least f1+f2 for the 2 swans picks(maybe a touch more?)

I think the Eagles would take those 2 picks, and send one of them to Richmond for Baker.
Not really an ideal deal at all, I still want more than just the original pick 14 that the Hawks offered(which is their f1+f2)

19+22+another future 2nd or 3rd rounder for points
See as I said before.. Entitled..

Want Hawks to do the hustle and then pick up all the fruits.

We just walk away if that is the attitude.

🤡
If youre not going to read what I wrote, or youre too stupid to understand it, please dont respond to me.
Correct me if I am wrong...

You want 19+22+another future 2nd

We do the Hustle and you eat the fruits..

If that happens, you still get only 19+F2

Why strive to convert 13 to more if you are going to eat it all?

We just offer 13 for your 26+Barass and be done with it

Correct me if I am wrong...

You want 19+22+another future 2nd

We do the Hustle and you eat the fruits..

If that happens, you still get only 19+F2

Why strive to convert 13 to more if you are going to eat it all?

We just offer 13 for your 26+Barass and be done with it
I said your f1+f3 wont get 19+22, as 19+22 is ballpark value for pick 13, and 13 will cost you at least f1+f2, not f1+f3.

Youll have to pay a f1+f2 for 19+22(which is roughly equal to 13).

Then its back to normal programming wanting the early teens first rounder(which is equal to 19+22)+ a f2

I said your f1+f3 wont get 19+22, as 19+22 is ballpark value for pick 13, and 13 will cost you at least f1+f2, not f1+f3.

Youll have to pay a f1+f2 for 19+22(which is roughly equal to 13).

Then its back to normal programming wanting the early teens first rounder(which is equal to 19+22)+ a f2
Ok... Lets assume we have 19,22,33, one each of F1 and F2

What deal will get Barrass done with your picks as of now given what we know your list manger asked and what was offered.

Did they ask for 1st rounder and 2nd rounder or mid teens pick and 2nd rounder?

Ok... Lets assume we have 19,22,33, one each of F1 and F2

What deal will get Barrass done with your picks as of now given what we know your list manger asked and what was offered.

Did they ask for 1st rounder and 2nd rounder or mid teens pick and 2nd rounder?
Not all first rounders are equal, why do I even have to say this?
Youre being intentionally stupid now

Not all first rounders are equal, why do I even have to say this?
Youre being intentionally stupid now
Answer teh question and quit weasling out

Exactly why list mangers ask for pick in single digits, Top 5, Top 10, early teens, mid teens or late teens.

If Matty Clarke asked for 1st rounder and 2nd rounder, go have a chat with him on basic trade jargon.

Again answer the question and prove to us you and other Eagles fans are not entitled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Answer teh question and quit weasling out

Exactly why list mangers ask for pick in single digits, Top 5, Top 10, early teens, mid teens or late teens.

If Matty Clarke asked for 1st rounder and 2nd rounder, go have a chat with him on basic trade jargon.

Again answer the question and prove to us you and other Eagles fans are not entitled.
List managers do specify what they want, but not to the general public. They prefer to keep negotiations behind closed doors

Are you actually for real?

Has it been clarified exact what the offer was from Hawks prior to them swapping the pick #14 with Carlton
Keep hearing #14+F2 with Barrass + F3 coming back

If this was the offer i think the eagles missed a great opportunity and doubt they get a better result
Would've been just 14.
F1+f2 for Barrass+f3 theyre offering now is a worse offer than 14+f2 for Barrass+f3 that was originally reported. They surely wouldnt have done that trade unless they thought the f1+f2 would be more attractive than pick 14 alone.

Can't believe you're throwing so much money and years at such a spud :rolleyes:

He'll be among your top five players.
My comment was a joke, a 3rd rounder is even more absurd than the ridiculoue 2 1st's hes a generational full back comments.

Top five players is also way off (and for what it's worth I think Barrass is very good at what he does and will be an excellent addition).

Would've been just 14.
F1+f2 for Barrass+f3 theyre offering now is a worse offer than 14+f2 for Barrass+f3 that was originally reported. They surely wouldnt have done that trade unless they thought the f1+f2 would be more attractive than pick 14 alone.
So have the eagles now given up on 2 x F2 picks

My comment was a joke, a 3rd rounder is even more absurd than the ridiculoue 2 1st's hes a generational full back comments.

Top five players is also way off (and for what it's worth I think Barrass is very good at what he does and will be an excellent addition).
Barrass would be in or around the top 5 players at all clubs tbh

Barrass would be in or around the top 5 players at all clubs tbh
Not at most clubs, and certainly not at ours.

Would definitely be behind: Day, Newcombe, Sicily, Moore, Scrimshaw, D'Ambrosio, and Lewis (when fit).
Would also be behind: Worpel, Impey, McDonald, Amon, Meek, Battle and Hardwick.
Would be on par with up and comers like: Weddle, Ward, Mackenzie.

At the end of the day, he isn't an essential need for us with Battle coming across, Frosty's form and Blanck likely ready to go from Round 1.

We don't need to offer overs, and whilst we would like him at the club we aren't going to bend over and overpay.

Not at most clubs, and certainly not at ours.

Would definitely be behind: Day, Newcombe, Sicily, Moore, Scrimshaw, D'Ambrosio, and Lewis (when fit).
Would also be behind: Worpel, Impey, McDonald, Amon, Meek, and Hardwick.
Would be on par with up and comers like: Weddle, Ward, Mackenzie.

At the end of the day, he isn't an essential need for us with Frosty's form and Blanck likely ready to go from Round 1.

We don't need to offer overs, and whilst we would like him at the club we aren't going to bend over and overpay.
Nice jokes mate.
Sicily, maybe Day and Duke, thats it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back