Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Our selectors also look pretty stupid for refusing to play Worrell now.

He should have 40 games under his belt already.
Kind of how we didn't play Doedee when we knew Lever was going, wonder who will be the next in the 3rd defender circle of life for Woz.

Our selectors also look pretty stupid for refusing to play Worrell now.

He should have 40 games under his belt already.

Not at all. Their job starts and ends at selecting the best players to win any given game, as Doedee was that, they've done their job to to the letter. The future is handled by list management, so if you want to question bad decisions - go there. That said, I doubt you'll get very far considering this stems from Michalanny being a whole lot better than advertised and an unfortunate ACL for Tom - otherwise, it's Worrell who would have been out the door in a year or so.

Really, all credit deserves to go to Worrell here. The stars lined up in a way that he got an opportunity to end Doedee career at Adelaide and he ended it.

Last edited:
1. Bad name
2. Medium defender
3. From Geelong

Terrible choice.

I'm really confused by this pick. I haven't seen his name in any phantom draft. We must be the only team who had this guy on the radar.

I'm out

1. Bad name
2. Medium defender
3. From Geelong

Terrible choice.

I'm really confused by this pick. I haven't seen his name in any phantom draft. We must be the only team who had this guy on the radar.

I'm out

Who?

1. Bad name
2. Medium defender
3. From Geelong

Terrible choice.

I'm out
Jersey Shore Reaction GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're going to lose a first choice, senior guy in his prime years it may as well be one who's had two ACLs
And one that hasn't gotten back to his best since the first ACL.

I was a huge fan of his and was keenly waiting for him to rediscover that form. It hasn't really come despite him still being a decent player.

Bit of a risk for Brisbane imo.

Pick 35 for a guy who was in the leadership group, was originally pick 19 and has shown a lot of ability and makes any best 22 in the comp.
Nah.

Even with the 2 ACLs thats unders.

He's a low value position player and is injury prone. I wouldn't trade in Doedee for anything more than pick 30

Ironic we chose Doedee at the time over Burton because Burton was coming off potential bad injury.

To be fair, all i heard from people close to Burton at draft is that he was one wrong step away from never playing footy again.

Serious question: who has been the better player so far. Id say its fairly even.

He's a low value position player and is injury prone. I wouldn't trade in Doedee for anything more than pick 30

Yeh i suppose, I mean we dont get a choice in the matter anyway.
Its not like Brisbane have to give it up, so kinda irrelevant what people would pay.

Not sure anyone's paying pick 4 for McKay either but given the rules he gets band 1.

To be fair, all i heard from people close to Burton at draft is that he was one wrong step away from never playing footy again.

Serious question: who has been the better player so far. Id say its fairly even.

At least Doedee isn't scared of contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back