Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't expect that level of analysis in a reply but thanks for taking the time and effort Jen.

I hope you're not kissing your kids goodnight with that mouth.
Analysis would only be possible if something that made sense had been said. As it did not, analysis is not possible. Please recalibrate your response so that appropriate analysis can be undertaken.

Band 3 + a particular goalpost incident = Band 2
FA compo scheme being so opaque gives the AFL a chance to wangle an outcome for us. They have been very reluctant to give us anything in the past, but this time seems slightly different. We’ll see. If we get Oliver they’ll probably think we don’t need any justice…

FA compo scheme being so opaque gives the AFL a chance to wangle an outcome for us. They have been very reluctant to give us anything in the past, but this time seems slightly different. We’ll see. If we get Oliver they’ll probably think we don’t need any justice…

they owe us considering the score review **** up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gollant will do just fine in McAdam's absence

Gollant doesn’t have a defensive bone in his body, and can’t close down space with other worldly acceleration like McAdam.

Teams need to defend us differently with McAdam and know where he is at all time; I love the way Gollant attacks the ball in the air, reaching at the apex, but he’s a very different player

Surely Brisbane can do what they did with Daniher years ago and structure the contract to get us a band 1 compensation, it's not like they have a first rounder to affect them. 3 years at $850K and then restructure the contract for 5 years at $600K.
Sorry that’s only allowed if it benefits a Victorian club.

We’re risking draft sanctions just by having this post on our BigFooty board.

Last edited:
I
Surely Brisbane can do what they did with Daniher years ago and structure the contract to get us a band 1 compensation, it's not like they have a first rounder to affect them. 3 years at $850K and then restructure the contract for 5 years at $600K.
If only Doedee was Daniher. The only thing they have in common is that they were both injury prone prior to going to brisbane.

They only did that so the Dodo wouldn't match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, you've got to ask yourself the question why they would do that. It doesn't benefit Brisbane. It doesn't benefit Doedee. The only person it benefits is us. Why would Brisbane do something to help us out when they don't need to?

They would only do that if they felt there was something in it for them, such as being worried we might otherwise match their offer. But nobody in their right mind would think we're going to do that. So Brisbane doesn't have to do anything. They can just make their offer, let us twist in the wind for a while, and get their player in the end.

The only way we could possibly expect them to do us a favour is if there are other players being traded between the two clubs as well. Then they might be willing to throw us a bone to gain a favour elsewhere.

*not available in SA

I didn't expect that level of analysis in a reply but thanks for taking the time and effort Jen.

I hope you're not kissing your kids goodnight with that mouth.
So many people on here use this abbreviation and many others use the actual words and yet that it doesnt raise any issue. My question is if Jenny was a bloke would you have made the same derogative statement regarding kissing the kids.

I am disappointed that Tom is moving on but he has been a excellent player for us. Whilst I am crow member I also take on Brisbane membership so I can get to the footy up. So now I will be able to watch Tom play footy along with Lachie (ex Glenelg) and maybe Lyons and Cameron. Just adds a little more to watching the games up here.

They wont openly give us anything that reflects compo for the goal disaster. I am sure we will get something but it will be behind closed doors
We will probably get a punishment for daring to embarass the afl by an umpire cheating us a finals spot.

Sorry that’s only allowed if it benefits a Victorian club.

We’re risking draft sanctions just by having this post on our BigFooty board.
Didn't St Kilda try to do something like this with Brad Crouch.

AFL said no.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am going to miss him more on 5AA than seeing him play.

Missed a few games the last few years and I reckon our backline works better without him. Michalanney, Hinge and Worrell are a pretty good defensive interception unit.

A very good media guy, hope that is his future after Footy.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t even need to do that. $850k x 2 years guaranteed then 1 game triggers for 3 years at about $300k. Years 3-5 aren’t counted because they’re not guaranteed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back