List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think it's ok for membership to drop by 30% and that the entire club wont be financially stricken as a result, taking years to recover, you have no idea. If that is ok for you, because you want the whole of the Collingwood Football Club and their members/supporters to suffer for years just because you are disgruntled suggests to me you are extremely naive on how cashflow is a financial lifeline for businesses. Either that or you are vinditcive and wont to take everyone down with major collateral damage because YOU feel you have been lied to.

Calm down old mate, a short term fall down to 60k members is hardly back-breaking and a lot of clubs would kill for that.

Given the cuts to expenditure off field clubs are going to be running a lot leaner anyway so a drop in membership numbers isn't going to have the impact that it would have during the previous era of largesse AFL clubs have enjoyed.

It appears that the club may potentially be headed for a bit of a hit in terms of membership income as a result of household budgets tightening and the building supporter dissatisfaction (over many years, not just the past few weeks) with the people who run the club and if it happens then that's more of a reflection on those who run the club doing a half assed job than those who support it and have done so for decades.

I think we are looking a bit bare in the mids and forward line. De Goey needs to be split in 2. With Adz gone, Pendles being 33 and a question mark over whether any of Sier, the Browns or other less established payers will be able to do full mid time Jordy as a mid make sense. With our other most potent forwad Stevo gone its hard to see where the goals come from in 2021 and a forward line without De Goey will seriously lack fire power

If our youngster can step up in a major way this would help but i don't think that's something we can rely on. I think we will take a few steps back next season

Sier is a very capable mid and T. Brown, and will only get better, while Rantall may surprise. Murphy can play back and will offer the option of mid field time for Crisp, IQ, Maynard. And
Bianco off HBF, is Richmond sized backman with elite disposal and decision making.

So I think overall JDG will have a number of mates to cover his midfield time if needed fwd.

Last edited:

No we go into point deficit. If we don't have enough points from this year's draft, it just means our earliest pick next year will be discounted.

But in your scenario they pick that will be moved back will be our 2021 2nd anyways, so not a big loss.
And this will still give us enough points to get Daicos at as high as 1? Do we need a pick in the first round to bid in the first round? Apologies again, I'm a bit rusty on the NGA/FS rules.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Betting everything on Logan being there at 2 is crazy to me. Yeah Thilthorpe may be an SA local but Crows would be nuts not to take Logan to me.

Id rather trade 2021 1st for a couple of picks inside the top 30. And look to take Cox, Callow, Ford and Reef.

Was going to post exactly the same earlier. I'd rather back Hine to unearth a gem from a "suite of picks" (thanks Walshy) than trade 3 picks for a single digit and throw everything at one play.

It'd be like bringing back Jack Frost. I trier who has the strength and athleticism but no skills or game IQ. I'd prefer to back in Keane.
Agreed, except Oscar has absolutely no strength. Gets bullied by any physical kind of player

EFA, this competition is ruthless and is nothing like the Olympics in it's competitiveness. The games are all about inclusiveness of your competitors this football competition is about being better than your competitors.

The end game is clearly flags, if you want to correlate that run with how Collingwood should operate then if you were in charge we ain't winning any more flags. I'm beginning to wonder what the end game of this club is.

If it is to be a business first and put it's fingers in other pies to look like a politically correct sporting club then that might explain a lot.
You have no idea what I'm talking about then, you completely missed the punch line in the video - in fact I doubt you are capable of understanding that sportsmanship and ruthless professionalism are NOT mutually exclusive. Too superficial Carringbush. I like your passion and your dedication to our pies but you are soo wrong in some of your attitudes.

Lets leave it that because we will never come close to agreement on this topic and I prefer to discuss rather than argue.

Moving on, I hope you and the rest of the . . ermmm . . group find something to please you somewhere because they way you are going you are going to bust a valve or something.

Have fun . .

Can someone please explain the love for Sier? He's played 20 games in three years averages 10 disposals.
I'm obviously missing something, but I feel as though trading out Treloar and Phillips whilst hinging our future on Sier might be a little optimistic.
Is this why Reef McIness is so important for us? We know we have no big bodied mids. Sidey and Pendles are skilled but they get rag dolled by blokes like Cripps, Kennedy or Fyfe.

You have no idea what I'm talking about then, you completely missed the punch line in the video - in fact I doubt you are capable of understanding that sportsmanship and ruthless professionalism are NOT mutually exclusive. Too superficial Carringbush. I like your passion and your dedication to our pies but you are soo wrong in some of your attitudes.

Lets leave it that because we will never come close to agreement on this topic and I prefer to discuss rather than argue.

Moving on, I hope you and the rest of the . . ermmm . . group find something to please you somewhere because they way you are going you are going to bust a valve or something.

Have fun . .

You can't read emotions from behind a keyboard, I'm not trying to argue with you - just pointing out the differences in those two competitions. One is much much more ruthless than the other. That is clear. Nothing superficial about it at all.

I do agree we won't agree because you don't want to acknowledge the sh*tty position the club is in. Simple as that.

Moving on, I hope you and your denial minority are happy with the current situation, seems you are.

CB out.

Melbourne have delisted Oscar McDonald.
Do we look at him as cheap depth?
Would cost literally nothing in salary and comes as a delisted free agent....

Literally nothing, huh?

If the Pies don't want him he can come and do my gardening

Only thing that could make this period worse is if we re-sign Rupert Wills.

There’s no benefit to re-signing him. We are told that “there’s development within the football club”. There’s no development left in Rupert. He’s wasting a list spot. I rather pick 70 on a mature aged recruit or even a young 18 year old with scope to develop.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a yes for me for Oscar McDonald. I reckon this has a Jordan Roughead type deal written all over it.

He has been pushed out because of Lever and May. Plus he's only 24,

We have absolutely no coverage for Roughead if he goes down...and he's also 30. I hope we get a good kid in the draft, but he will take years to come on.

At worst, McDonald would be decent depth. At best, he could fill a role

I'd also be considering Jackson Trengove as another "break glass in case of emergency" player. He has also followed a similar path to Roughead, in that Bevo just lost all faith in him and stopped playing him. He can play forward, back or ruck...but not particularly good in any role. Can plug a hole though, and is a big body who could come in for the odd game here or there.

Seems to me as if we are relying on kids like Kelly, Murphy, Keane, Magden etc to comeon next year. I think we'd be very wise to at least have some mature cover just in case. We will have plenty of list spots available, and we don't have a lot of draft picks after our first round, so I can't see us taking 7+ picks. More like 4-5 picks, which leaves room for about 2 to 3 delisted FA's.

The club has put itself under a lot of pressure to land a free agent next year. Who do we want?
Zachary Merrett is the word.

It's a yes for me for Oscar McDonald. I reckon this has a Jordan Roughead type deal written all over it.

He has been pushed out because of Lever and May. Plus he's only 24,

We have absolutely no coverage for Roughead if he goes down...and he's also 30. I hope we get a good kid in the draft, but he will take years to come on.

At worst, McDonald would be decent depth. At best, he could fill a role

I'd also be considering Jackson Trengove as another "break glass in case of emergency" player. He has also followed a similar path to Roughead, in that Bevo just lost all faith in him and stopped playing him. He can play forward, back or ruck...but not particularly good in any role. Can plug a hole though, and is a big body who could come in for the odd game here or there.

Seems to me as if we are relying on kids like Kelly, Murphy, Keane, Magden etc to comeon next year. I think we'd be very wise to at least have some mature cover just in case. We will have plenty of list spots available, and we don't have a lot of draft picks after our first round, so I can't see us taking 7+ picks. More like 4-5 picks, which leaves room for about 2 to 3 delisted FA's.

What do you think of Oscar McDonald as a player? I've made my thoughts known about it but reckon I over analyse players sometimes. Keen to get a different perspective on his playing qualities.

This is certainly the goal. I see the Swans (pick 3) as our most likely trade partner on draft day. They have just the right mix to suit the situation.

- Chasing points for academy kids in 2020 & 2021
- Don't have the public pressure to use pick 3 and don't need the immediate impact - secure coach embarking on a re-jigging of the list that is public knowledge
- Young, existing talent already covered where this draft is strongest at the pointy end

I do think North will be a little more desperate to take a kid high in the draft to appease members, but a savvy manager there may see the wisdom in having a few more first round eggs in their list rebuild over the next two seasons.

I don't see Essendon's picks getting us the future key forward we want and I think the Hawks would get crucified if they traded another first rounder.

This assessment of Sydney falls over nearly at the first hurdle, as the 1672 points they already have is nearly enough to match bids on their two academy kids around where they should fall (they might need another third round pick to match the bid on Gulden but that's it and they can easily trade into that).

They are also heavily in rebuild mode, so pick 3 gives them a free swing at an elite talent on top of those two academy picks

It'll be a nightmare dealing with Dodoro on a restricted free agent. If Merrett's our target we might be in for a bumpy ride.

Hopefully Petracca

This article saying we’ve re-signed Moore for 2 x 800k and JDG for 2 x 750k. Do we believe those figures?

This is exactly the reason why Eddie needs to go.

He just can't keep his big fat mouth shut even after his love child actually gave us some relatively straight answers and Ed in all his wisdom is now making the situation worse.

Sier is a very capable mid and T. Brown, and will only get better, while Rantall may surprise. Murphy can play back and will offer the option of mid field time for Crisp, IQ, Maynard. And
Bianco off HBF, is Rich sized backman with elite disposal and decision making.

So I think overall JDG will have a number of mates to cover his midfield time if needed fwd.
Bianca would have to be nearly 20kg lighter then rich I would think

agree with the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back