List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I've posted this before but I'm assuming Tarrant will be going to Richmond via a trade and not Free Agency. How long before they close this loophole?

Does it need to be closed? We took advantage of it in 2018 - we let Fasolo leave via free agency, waited to trade for Roughead, and used the Fas compo to assist with matching for Quaynor/Kelly.

Does it need to be closed? We took advantage of it in 2018 - we let Fasolo leave via free agency, waited to trade for Roughead, and used the Fas compo to assist with matching for Quaynor/Kelly.

Eh, I dunno. I guess Richmond will probably only get third round compensation for Chol, and they'll say Tarrant is too old and his new contract is too short, so it won't affect the compensation (and North won't get compensated).

I just think the system is designed so that if you lose one player as a Free Agent, you can bring one in and cover that. You shouldn't be able to lose one, get compensation AND trade one in for a token pick.

So if Nth do trade off pick 1 does that mean we’re less likely to shop around for more Daicos points because the club that picks ups number 1 pick would be crazy to bid on Daics. Or still accumulate just in case they do it for a free hit.

So if Nth do trade off pick 1 does that mean we’re less likely to shop around for more Daicos points because the club that picks ups number 1 pick would be crazy to bid on Daics. Or still accumulate just in case they do it for a free hit.
Especially shop around because just remember the attitude of opposition Victorian clubs to Collingwood . . .

Anything unfortunate that happens to Collingwood is deemed both hilarious and well deserved.

I'd rather just forget about Lipinski is the Dogs won't take a future pick.
We can walk him to the PSD. If they want a pick, they're going to have to beg and give something back. A future pick can be on traded. And that's what they may have to do. They can't just whinge and not come to the party.

Right, who's young that we can delist, re-sign so they have a killer season and then say see you later to at the end of the season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see North wanting Lipinski.

In order to give him games, which is why he is leaving the Dogs, they would have to take games from the likes of Powell and Phillips, the future of their club.

They have too many mids already.

I see the PSD as a very viable way to get Lipinski if the Dogs try to get more than his market value, which isn't much, out of us
May be true but they are not overloaded like the Dogs. If there isnt anyone they consider better still think they would take Lipinski. If Powell and Phillips cant get games ahead of Lipinski they need to persevere. If they are good enough they will get games. I think Lipinski gets gamesat NM for the smae reason at Collingwood. He would be best 22, isnt at the Dogs.

I would never worry about kids not being able to go past a medium talent like Lipinski. If they cant they wait and learn how to be good enough to do so.

How the f*&k does Richmond get an end of round 2 compensation pick for a bloke whose only played 30 games?????
Yeah, but second round, surely number of games played should be a major contributor.
If it isn't, a bloke could be on a list for 7 years, not play one game, then gets a 4 year contract giving his current team a second round compensation pick.
it's horribly skewed.

I think the worse thing we can do as a club is panic. Realistically, we should hold back on trades until later in the period. Kreuger isn't going to be costly at all. I would not be surprised if Geelong accepted anything because they know he can just PSD it. He doesn't even NEED to be traded when he is so unknown that most clubs wouldn't bother. He could even enter the national draft. Provided Collingwood has got Pick 102 or whatever, he just waits until the very end and joins the Pies that way. Hardly anyone would bother selecting him.

I wonder where both North and us project our finishing position next year?

Could we potentially get our future first and some players involved in getting that first pick - while retaining Daicos points for going pick 2/3?

A scenario in which this occured may be a multi-club complicated trade, possibly involving the dogs so they can get a points boost? Surely 2 clubs needing points could lead to a beneficial scenario for NM, just a matter of orchestrating a trade that leaves us okay for points, gives the dogs a relative gain in points and provides north with am outcome that they believe is a stronger hand across the next 2 drafts.

Would be handy of GWS had involvement in swapping around picks, with the off-record condition that they pass on Daicos and Darcy to reduce the points cost.

From memory the tigers and suns have a fair few picks of no use that could be favourable outcome for both them and teams like us and the dogs.

Apologies for not posting on here recently, computer did a 17 year old at his first house party and wrote itself off.
Kreuger and Lipinski deals will get done, Kreuger will be quite easily, as Wright said on Trade Radio, Pies/Cats already spoke about him, both clubs at this stage are on the same page in terms of picks. It'll be later pick.

Still interested in Stengle.
Spoken to Patty Naish/management about his future again
Nevile Jetta has been approached to come on board in coaching.

We had checked in with Jarrod Camerons camp but told he's having the year off.

Apologies for not posting on here recently, computer did a 17 year old at his first house party and wrote itself off.
Kreuger and Lipinski deals will get done, Kreuger will be quite easily, as Wright said on Trade Radio, Pies/Cats already spoke about him, both clubs at this stage are on the same page in terms of picks. It'll be later pick.

Still interested in Stengle.
Spoken to Patty Naish/management about his future again
Nevile Jetta has been approached to come on board in coaching.

We had checked in with Jarrod Camerons camp but told he's having the year off.
Sounds good. I think Lipinski and picks is where it gets ugly. How do we get those picks without jeopardising our future?

May be true but they are not overloaded like the Dogs. If there isnt anyone they consider better still think they would take Lipinski. If Powell and Phillips cant get games ahead of Lipinski they need to persevere. If they are good enough they will get games. I think Lipinski gets gamesat NM for the smae reason at Collingwood. He would be best 22, isnt at the Dogs.

I would never worry about kids not being able to go past a medium talent like Lipinski. If they cant they wait and learn how to be good enough to do so.

if We do walk him, his manager can nominate a two year 425k contract after agreeing a 950k three year deal with us. Thus playing for 100k in year 3.
luke ball style.

if GW can’t help structure this properly he’s the wrong man for the job.

Sounds good. I think Lipinski and picks is where it gets ugly. How do we get those picks without jeopardising our future?
This whole "oh my god we won't have picks for Daicos because we're trading in Lipinski" thing is very laughable, They will gather the points. We've got like 3 windows along with draft night.

How the f*&k does Richmond get an end of round 2 compensation pick for a bloke whose only played 30 games?????

It's band 4 compo and he must be on a fair bit of guaranteed money over the 4 years. His age also gives him the full 12 bonus "points" when ranking him amongst all other players contracts and that would likely have made the difference between band 5 and band 4 compo I reckon.

This whole "oh my god we won't have picks for Daicos because we're trading in Lipinski" thing is very laughable, They will gather the points. We've got like 3 windows along with draft night.
You're right, I'm not worrying but I'm calling that they're going to alleviate pressure on our cap by trading someone. They still don't know the size which is problematic when future planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back