List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know Wallis, he could be the greatest bloke on earth. But chasing him would send a horrible message to our whole squad and has far greater potential to piss off the culture that we have created than our pursuit of Lynch.

Lynch is simple. We have a glaring hole in tall forwards. Blind Freddie could see that we're an injury to Jack away from being exposed. The players can all accept, understand and get comfortable with that.

One of the best sights of our club was how happy, supportive our fringe players were on GF day, singing the song after winning the flag. Wallis is not an obvious need, nor is he a guarenteed starting 22. What message does it send to all the blokes that have stuck by us waiting their turn. Lloyd, Miles, Townsend, Menadue that we are putting another fringe player ahead of them. How does Rance, Cotchin and Jack sell that to the rest of the playing group... after all they've done.

That would be shit. Deadset against. I'm not even a fan of him as a player.

Bliss is the only one that gives you what you need :D
Lelux is straight as an arrow as well as Narai - But both do good massages
Bliss -- ok cool,,, what about the one next to rays puddings,,,

Essendon buckley street cnr violet street
Also buckley street cnr waverly street
Coburg-131 bell street,,
All 3 are good

My understanding is Cerra is extremely close to re-signing at Freo. Won’t be at Punt Rd.

Also haven’t heard anything re some of these other names being thrown around. As far as I’m aware, we’ve had no dealings with the respective camps of Wallis/Hopper/Setterfield/Lobb.

Lynch, on the other hand...
Who are you and why would we listen to you?

I dont know Wallis, he could be the greatest bloke on earth. But chasing him would send a horrible message to our whole squad and has far greater potential to piss off the culture that we have created than our pursuit of Lynch.

Lynch is simple. We have a glaring hole in tall forwards. Blind Freddie could see that we're an injury to Jack away from being exposed. The players can all accept, understand and get comfortable with that.

One of the best sights of our club was how happy, supportive our fringe players were on GF day, singing the song after winning the flag. Wallis is not an obvious need, nor is he a guarenteed starting 22. What message does it send to all the blokes that have stuck by us waiting their turn. Lloyd, Miles, Townsend, Menadue that we are putting another fringe player ahead of them. How does Rance, Cotchin and Jack sell that to the rest of the playing group... after all they've done.

That would be shit. Deadset against. I'm not even a fan of him as a player.

As an inside mid, which is another area we need to improve drastically, Wallis is better than the 4 fringe players that you mentioned, imo.

Would be good if Balmy could weave some magic and get the latest Gaelic Football prodigy (David Clifford) to sign with the Tigers. Pretty good highlights video.

Happy to fly over and bring him back, looks like a nice size.

Bliss -- ok cool,,, what about the one next to rays puddings,,,

Essendon buckley street cnr violet street
Also buckley street cnr waverly street
Coburg-131 bell street,,
All 3 are good

Come on fella's... take this shit off this board. This is just garbage talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding is Cerra is extremely close to re-signing at Freo. Won’t be at Punt Rd.

Also haven’t heard anything re some of these other names being thrown around. As far as I’m aware, we’ve had no dealings with the respective camps of Wallis/Hopper/Setterfield/Lobb.

Lynch, on the other hand...
Lynch a lock Snout?

Have you heard anything else you can share?

Last edited:
so people really expect Freo to trade a top mid pick 5 who is a walk up start in their midfield for a small forward who can't get a game in a team that plays more small forwards than anyone else and a tall mobile fwd who cant get a game in a side that is desperately short of tall forwards.....

think we may be overating our list? or valuing players on potential and promise rather than demonstrated talent or ability?

would need to do better to pry him out of freo IMO

so people really expect Freo to trade a top mid pick 5 who is a walk up start in their midfield for a small forward who can't get a game in a team that plays more small forwards than anyone else and a tall mobile fwd who cant get a game in a side that is desperately short of tall forwards.....

think we may be overating our list? or valuing players on potential and promise rather than demonstrated talent or ability?

would need to do better to pry him out of freo IMO
A walk up start in the Freo midfield (excluding Fyfe and Neale) isn't saying much though.....

Bloody happy with all of those options Tiger71 , hopefully we can make some of that come to reality on top of landing Lynch.

Who knows we might even be able to topple the Bummers as reigning 'Trade Period Premiers' ;)

They can keep that trophy, they shared it with Port & look how it went for them both.

The names Tiger71 mentioned aren't all that interesting, at least not at this stage as I think a lot would have to happen in order for Cerra to decide to walk after only 1 year at Freo. But the type of players we are targeting is however interesting. Someone like Mitch Wallis is a foot solider who plays the way we do, isn't overly quick but hunts the ball and the man with Hopper and Setterfield being more talented versions of Wallis. Its clear that the club is trying to get more mids who can win the ball and chase the ball so the likes of Martin and Caddy can spend more time forward, which if we do end up with Wallis then it wouldn't surprise me to see Cotchin time on the ball also decrease and he could end up playing forward or back. Essentially the coaches and recruitment staff are putting a greater emphasis on winning the ball outside of stoppages in which case it is better to have Dusty in a 1 on 1 or 1 v 2 on the wing or half forward which if he wins that contest that the result is greater than winning the ball out of a stoppage at half back. The exception being centre clearances where Dusty attends every centre clearance after a goal given he is the number 1 play in the comp at doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back