List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had "good" news, would you react the same?

Yep, didn't take long for me to see his post history and he's clearly a reliable poster.

Appreciate the info Snout

Doesn't post much but Snout is usually on the money.

Thanks Snout.

My understanding is Cerra is extremely close to re-signing at Freo. Won’t be at Punt Rd.

Also haven’t heard anything re some of these other names being thrown around. As far as I’m aware, we’ve had no dealings with the respective camps of Wallis/Hopper/Setterfield/Lobb.

Lynch, on the other hand...

Thats what I said in my original post :drunk::think:;). Freo are confident of getting him to extend, just that we are working on him.

Again, the names I dropped are not in the media, just whats being discussed now. I normally only hold this stuff early stuff in convo's. For example I called Setterfield when zero was mentioned about him at the start of the month by the media, then it broke so figured ill change tact and publicly let you blokes in. So dont stress, they may not come about, or they may.

Bottom line, gives you something to talk about :p

so people really expect Freo to trade a top mid pick 5 who is a walk up start in their midfield for a small forward who can't get a game in a team that plays more small forwards than anyone else and a tall mobile fwd who cant get a game in a side that is desperately short of tall forwards.....

think we may be overating our list? or valuing players on potential and promise rather than demonstrated talent or ability?

would need to do better to pry him out of freo IMO

This is so accurate, Callum Moore has been on the list for 3 years and played 6 games and isn’t in the side at the moment, it would take a lot more than him and our first pick which by the time priority picks and compo picks come in could be like pick 23, for Freos 1st rounder from last year who’s already a lock in their 22 for them to trade him. A comparable trade would be if they wanted Higgins for say pick 25 and Brady Grey. We’d laugh them out of the building.
I’d say it would take something like Moore, Bolton, our first and possibly even a swap of later picks for them to consider it

This is so accurate, Callum Moore has been on the list for 3 years and played 6 games and isn’t in the side at the moment, it would take a lot more than him and our first pick which by the time priority picks and compo picks come in could be like pick 23, for Freos 1st rounder from last year who’s already a lock in their 22 for them to trade him. A comparable trade would be if they wanted Higgins for say pick 25 and Brady Grey. We’d laugh them out of the building.
I’d say it would take something like Moore, Bolton, our first and possibly even a swap of later picks for them to consider it
One thing that is conveniently forgotten and without sounding conceited in all of this is it’s somewhat more difficult to break into the reigning premiers side that has been fortunate with injury than a bottom 4 side. There’d be 6 of our players at least that would have played regularly at the bottom 5 clubs. Of our unsigned younger players , Moore is the only one I’d really like to keep then markov. Oppo clubs will be offering r3 for these guys which is fa really

Brendon Fevola actually did agree to come to Richmond and all was agree to terms and it was done deal

When he went back to Carlton with his manager to tell them that he was leaving, Pagan said there is no way in the world you will be traded and they Doubled his salary to stay

Fact

Brendon Fevola actually did agree to come to Richmond and all was agree to terms and it was done deal

When he went back to Carlton with his manager to tell them that he was leaving, Pagan said there is no way in the world you will be traded and they Doubled his salary to stay

Fact
That is true I think Shultz was to be part of trade also, snout could clarify

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is true I think Shultz was to be part of trade also, snout could clarify
100% its true

I met fevola and had mentioned it to him that he should have played for Richmond with his best mate Newman and he said to me i actually agreed to come to richmond but pagan doubled my money and said your not going anywhere and we wont trade you so he had to stay.

Fact

Could you imagine Richo and Fev in the same forwardline? It would’ve been the most spectacularly hilarious forwardline of all time.

Shame it didn’t happen. That pick 8 ended up being used in Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls. Plus 2008 would’ve been a handy line up. Richo nearly won the Brownlow and Fev kicked 99.

Somebody has thrown Blake Acres up on here as a potential target and personally think he might be gettable now that Kingsley is coming across. Big mids like him that can run aren't easy to find. Probably need to lose a guy on similar chips to get him tho. Brandon Ellis maybe?

Wonder if the Saints would be open to trading us Steven. He would be amazing in our side. Surely he knows he’s not winning a flag with St Kilda.

I know his old man (though he is about 20 years older than me). Geez he was a good local footballer.

I will have to pose the question next time I see him. Doubt St Kilda would trade him for anything we could afford to pay though. It would be like us trading out Coughlan before his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back