List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
History of those who broke their legs doesn't fill me with confidence that they can get back to their best.
Nathan Brown
Gary Rohan.
Can see why the Dogs are only offering 2yrs.

You have picked a worst case scenario in Nathan Brown. I think we can safely say Mitch's break isn't anywhere near that level. Gary Rohan's break was in 2012 and whilst he was good I always thought he was a touch over rated. Not sure his leg has much to do with his current form. Lots of others have been pretty ok since broken legs. Our very own Shane Edwards being one of them.

If you look at Mitch's numbers this year he has had a pretty good year.

Have we been linked to him? We don't really do the Irish thing.
Not that I know but in Ireland he is considered the next big thing, a bit like Tommy Walsh was. (Not that is a good omen.)
A few AFL clubs have been circling but no signs yet that he will switching to AFL at the moment.

Cerra a NINF fan according Groin Guru
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/adam-cerra.1195367/

Doesn't take much effort to verify who he followed.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d/news-story/51ee223a440efeb7f54cc2c238ba91d5

IT WASN’T long ago when Adam Cerra had “the best day of his life”.

That was September 30, on a sunny afternoon at the MCG, when the lifelong Richmond fan got to see something he once thought he might never witness — a premiership for the Tigers.
Make it happen Balmey....

You have picked a worst case scenario in Nathan Brown. I think we can safely say Mitch's break isn't anywhere near that level. Gary Rohan's break was in 2012 and whilst he was good I always thought he was a touch over rated. Not sure his leg has much to do with his current form. Lots of others have been pretty ok since broken legs. Our very own Shane Edwards being one of them.

If you look at Mitch's numbers this year he has had a pretty good year.
Enough of a concern for the Dogs to only offer 2yrs.

Will be more than happy to put our 1st pick, Shai Bolton & Callum Moore all on the table.

This is the time to strike. Not every day you can land a top 5 pick while being premiers (hopefully B2B).
The worry is the Dees might trump us.
They have what Freo are after.A F/Fwd(Hogan).

What a difference being a destination club makes

According to Steve Quarterman this Morning #lolnorf are clearly now a destination club

eaGgrlzLTpF8EUVNyps5k9RPxuOZSO5hbGiU_tp7uWR16bzfCI6RA93v44rF1Tq8fPQLDBbePApdw-WOui8nUKUpAKU5DecsBRE55Zzll17VlAP_BjrPLWGkes7GeisxLQ3VgOOaZs8SDP-Oa7G6QTwHcOk8p90-vfZtFbI2=w211-h295-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough of a concern for the Dogs to only offer 2yrs.

You are assuming the 2 years has something to do with injury. Maybe it is more strategic. Maybe they think they have an upgrade in their list of young players and in 2 years they will have someone else play his role and are happy to test the FA waters with him and see what sort of compo pick might come their way. Who knows? If they had real concerns they probably would only throw 1 year at him.

You are assuming the 2 years has something to do with injury. Maybe it is more strategic. Maybe they think they have an upgrade in their list of young players and in 2 years they will have someone else play his role and are happy to test the FA waters with him and see what sort of compo pick might come their way. Who knows? If they had real concerns they probably would only throw 1 year at him.
Hard too say.All i know is that Wallis wants to stay and The Dogs know he wants to stay.
Hence the standoff in years.

Would
Ok, Like I do every year, I have a BBQ at my place in the last round and invite a fair few mates over. Now two of them in particular is who i get my mail from, so again I'll say this. What I post below is just what I believe to be true, not what will happen or a lock to happen. It is however, real and not bullshit.

Anyway here goes.

We are trying to see if we can do anything to get Cerra across, its one reason he has delayed signing. Its doubtful at this stage but Cerra is really pushing it to make it happen so that helps. We will have to give something to get something. Moore may be the key. A promising tall forward, which they lack and we also give up pick 18 and get Cerra and there second in return. Its either do a deal now or risk losing him next year for a lot less.

Freo a re still confident in convincing them to stay around but my mate was really clear in the fact Cerra camp is more then happy to make something happen a year early.

Wallis, Terry is actually helping us here. We have identified he would be a perfect fit for us. We should know if we have done enough in the next fortnight. He wont cost much at all, just wants a 4 year deal. Dogs have gone in hard to keep him, particularly in the last 8 weeks but I actually like our chances with this one

We are also seeing if we can bring lobb across from GWS, will that happen is anyone's guess but we have put in the work. He may want to go to Perth but we are seeing what we can do. They need to relieve cap space, so we can help somewhat in that regard now that lids and yarrna/griffiths is off the books. I dont think it will happen but my mate told me to watch this space.

Hopper/Setterfield are the two mids from GWS we are working on, add on Wallis and we may get one out of the three. Personally I would prefer Wallis.

Oh forgot to mention, the saints are a opportunity, they need to improve there talent pool and are open to trade some quality out to get something in return...something may happen there but ill know more IMO in the next few weeks.

Really appreciate the info Tiger 71. Would need to pay up to get Cerra but I think we are in a position to do so with the depth at our club. Our first, Bolton and Moore for Cerra and a later pick maybe? This could appeal as Freo have a lot of holes to fill and they have to be creative to do so. At the end of the day they would need to feel as though it’s a win for them for anything to happen though. Even then they may not be open to any trade. If we were in that situation, I doubt we would be. But have no doubt Balmey will try something.

Wallis is an interesting one, would add depth and allow Cotch some more outside midfield time so his body isn’t stuffed in two years. As a free agent could be a good get. Will get bigger offers than what we’d offer money wise but having an important role to play with the likes of Cotchin, Martin and Prestia would have to be appealing.

Seems from what you are hearing is we know now is our time to strike and we are happy to trade our picks if it’s a player we like.

If we are able to bring in Lynch and either Cerra/Wallis and keep our best 22 (this looks like happening at the moment) that would be a huge off season!

Imagine out Bolton Moore & first round pick, in Lynch Wallis & Cerra.

The meltdown that followed would put Chernobyl to shame.

My understanding is Cerra is extremely close to re-signing at Freo. Won’t be at Punt Rd.

Also haven’t heard anything re some of these other names being thrown around. As far as I’m aware, we’ve had no dealings with the respective camps of Wallis/Hopper/Setterfield/Lobb.

Lynch, on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back