List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition III - OP contains trade summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Freo one of our latest picks for Bennell as a show of good faith so that when we take Cerra from them they won’t make it too difficult.

Pay Bennell a rookie wage so he can’t afford too many glass bbq’s which will lead to him training harder and turning around his behaviour.

We then trade for Cerra next year giving them our first rounder which in essence nets us a reformed Bennell and a young gun.

Sounds good to me.
Have another pipe.

I’ll be very surprised if any club takes Bennell. Think he might be on the scrap heap forever AFL wise.
Will go down as one of the all time greatest wastes to come through the AFL system

Give Freo one of our latest picks for Bennell as a show of good faith so that when we take Cerra from them they won’t make it too difficult.

Pay Bennell a rookie wage so he can’t afford too many glass bbq’s which will lead to him training harder and turning around his behaviour.

We then trade for Cerra next year giving them our first rounder which in essence nets us a reformed Bennell and a young gun.

Sounds good to me.

Bennell is an interesting one.

There is an argument but boy its a potential poisonous chalice.

The hope would be in an environment with a club in contention with a separate strong culture he has the motivation to get his act together.

The only way RFC should take on Bennell would be for a latish token pick, Freo would have to wear the bulk of his salary and it could only be for one year, initially al least.

AFL HQ will probably allow it because they will want the best talent on the screen to promote the game but its still a risk and really RFC could not waste time rounding him up. Bennell would have to change his ways and stick to the guide otherwise he gets ostracised and if he falls he falls no questions asked. Edwards and co might help but we could not expect them to take it on board and potentially drag them down. It would have to be on Bennell and he would have to push and drive it. RFC and players could not break there backs bending over for him, Bennell has to take full responsibility and drive it through guide avenues himself for his required progress!!

Which year was Bennell's draft, year after Lynch and co?

In meeting situations he would have to be separately handled, if he had questions ask them later through an organised admin conduit. He would simply be allowed to sit and absorb with the team or decide to leave himself!! Someone a little separate, not the players and not important coaching staff would have to manage him a little, and manage other players liasing with him in a consultive, supportive role to stay on top of things and ensure no pear shaped scenarios and appropriate guidance is present and no material cultural decay festers.

Last edited:
Read an article before I think from the age I’ll update this post with the link if I find it

But it was saying the North Melbourne Football Club are into him and he’s also contracted with Melbourne for next year on about 500k

Far to much for him and doubt we could afford that kinda coin either

I was all for having a crack at him before reading this

Nortf offering 1 mill.

Apparently SOS inconsolable. A GWS player slipped through his hands, He'll take it to the grave.

Gotta laugh at the Bomber flogs like Bunk that think pick 9 gets it done. Ah no. See the Treloar trade. 2 x first rounders, this year and next.
Dodo is a prick to deal with so this will drag on and on.
SOS ok as he only targets GWS 2nds players

We need depth... can't move everyone on. What happens if Caddy gets injured, who is his natural replacement?

We also need people to delist next year. If we cut them all we will have 6-7 kids on 2 year contracts. Doesn’t leave us a lot of wiggle room next year to make changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bennell is an interesting one.

There is an argument but boy its a potential poisonous chalice.

The hope would be in an environment with a club in contention with a separate strong culture he has the motivation to get his act together.

The only way RFC should take on Bennell would be for a latish token pick, Freo would have to wear the bulk of his salary and it could only be for one year.

AFL HQ will probably allow it because they will want the best talent on the screen to promote the game but its still a risk and really RFC could not waste time rounding him up. Bennell would have to change his ways and still to the guide otherwise he gets ostracised and if he falls he falls no questions asked. Edwards and co might help but we could not expect them to take it on board and potentially drag them down. It would have to be on Bennell and he would have to push and drive it. RFC and players could not break there backs bending over for him, Bennell has to take full responsibility and drive it through guide avenues himself for his required progress!!

Which year was Bennell's draft, year after Lynch and co?

In meeting situations he would have to be separately handled, if he had questions ask them later through an organised admin conduit. He would simply be allowed to sit and absorb with the team or decide to leave himself!!
Honestly i think everyone is infatuated with the idea Bennell playing his best footy based on talent alone. Talent alone isnt enough to cut it at AFL level these days.

No for me... we spent years cleaning out our club from flogs why go back and fall into that trap again? We won a premiership a year ago we are not desperate

Can't believe blokes are considering Bennell and aren't taking the piss suggesting it. Libba too lol
Libba is a different story. His injuries are a turn off but he’s a bloody good footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly i think everyone is infatuated with the idea Bennell playing his best footy based on talent alone. Talent alone isnt enough to cut it at AFL level these days.

No for me... we spent years cleaning out our club from flogs why go back and fall into that trap again? We won a premiership a year ago we are not desperate

Agree, if not for the talent and footy wise he would be a handy fit in an area we arguably lack, RFC would not bother and frankly would be wise to stay the hell away.

Should start a separate Bennell thread.
Will keep at least a little of the loopy talk out of here.

It’s not even the off field stuff that’s a huge risk by itself because it could jeopardise relationships with our sponsors but it’s the fact the bloke can’t even get on the park he hasn’t played decent footy in years
Why would you even bother

What about Sam Mayes from Brisbane? Watched him a few times over the last couple of years. Big bodied midfielder gopd be good for depth?

Can't believe blokes are considering Bennell and aren't taking the piss suggesting it. Libba too lol

Why not get both aye. Open door policy to all the douche bags.

No matter their potential it’s not worth it.

Plenty on here going on about our depth however we were always going to lose some second tier players this year. We still have some quality players running around in the twos and some young players who will definitely come in and play their role when required

It’s not even the off field stuff that’s a huge risk by itself because it could jeopardise relationships with our sponsors but it’s the fact the bloke can’t even get on the park he hasn’t played decent footy in years
Why would you even bother

One wouldn't which means it would only be rookie/base salary and in a very quarantined scenario at the club. If he flys the cage outside let him go in the wind and wash your hands!!

I would even say to Bennell we don't recognise you as an AFL player on the list until your prove to us you make the first team list in an AFL game which he did not do at Freo did he?

Higgins has gone past Butler and Castagna this year!!

Graham is RFC folklore, you can't mess with that type of culture.

Newsflash, Graham is clutch, Graham, excuse me, has the runs on the board, has the finals runs on the board, kicks goals under pressure in finals, talk to the hand, Graham is in like Flynn!!!
I haven’t mentioned anything bad about Graham, I love what he brings but he isn’t like the other two. If you understand the position Richmond are in which you may, it’s that we need mids. Now you want to trade off our high pressure, goal kicking small forwards and swap him for our most up and coming mid. Couldn’t be any sillier.

No way Bennell goes anywhere else. He’s done if Freo cut him

N0rf board saying at least one club has been showing interest in him (didn't mention who, they switch to melting over Shiel)

I haven’t mentioned anything bad about Graham, I love what he brings but he isn’t like the other two. If you understand the position Richmond are in which you may, it’s that we need mids. Now you want to trade off our high pressure, goal kicking small forwards and swap him for our most up and coming mid. Couldn’t be any sillier.

Sorry I rate Graham as a forward, like Sheedy and KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back