List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition III - OP contains trade summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a few PMs asking whether I’d heard anything re the Tiges, and thought it would be easier to reply here. Always happy to share what I hear.

It’s just that other than Lynch, there hasn’t really been anything worth talking about.

Basically, my mate in the industry is pretty adamant Lynch was the only big play for us this year. Salary cap space is tight, and with what even mid-tier players can demand at the moment, we’re simply not in a position to attract another recognised quality player in this trade period.

If something falls in our lap, of course we’ll consider it on its merits.. but as of now my understanding is there are no more irons in the fire, and we’ll be hitting the draft to fill the gaps in our list left by departing players.

Had a few PMs asking whether I’d heard anything re the Tiges, and thought it would be easier to reply here. Always happy to share what I hear.

It’s just that other than Lynch, there hasn’t really been anything worth talking about.

Basically, my mate in the industry is pretty adamant Lynch was the only big play for us this year. Salary cap space is tight, and with what even mid-tier players can demand at the moment, we’re simply not in a position to attract another recognised quality player in this trade period.

If something falls in our lap, of course we’ll consider it on its merits.. but as of now my understanding is there are no more irons in the fire, and we’ll be hitting the draft to fill the gaps in our list left by departing players.

dammit ... SCULLLLLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Scully’s future at the Giants remains slightly clouded as he is understood to be open to the idea of moving back to Victoria if it were also to suit the Giants and despite him still being contracted.

With Giants ruckman Rory Lobb likely to be traded within days to Fremantle and Shiel also moving the Giants will have less salary-cap pressure and therefore less imperative to trade Scully.

Realfooty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't afford him.

Ah bummer :(

Appreciate the insight though mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Snout. Sounds like a good plan. :thumbsu:

Is a midfield of Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Lambert, Edwards, Graham, Higgins, Grigg really that bad? Yeah ok if a gun goes down we might be in trouble but you could say that about a lot of clubs. The clearances need some work and hopefully we work on that over the summer, it seems we lose a few by design to get the footy back. Really don’t think our mids are that bad at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the info. Was there anything in the Crouch and Scully talk?

Is a midfield of Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Lambert, Edwards, Graham, Higgins, Grigg really that bad? Yeah ok if a gun goes down we might be in trouble but you could say that about a lot of clubs. The clearances need some work and hopefully we work on that over the summer, it seems we lose a few by design to get the footy back. Really don’t think our mids are that bad at all
How is young Naish coming along?

Its good but not great at all , Prestia always injured, Graham to slow doesn't attack enough, Grigg getting to slow .

If like Snout has suggested that we don't have anything else on the go outside of the draft I'd be inclined to keep Lloyd now. We need some sort of experienced midfield depth

If like Snout has suggested that we don't have anything else on the go outside of the draft I'd be inclined to keep Lloyd now. We need some sort of experienced midfield depth

Can't keep an uncontracted player who wants to move on. Club will let him go so that he can get more opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back