Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon you guys got absolutely murdered with Ward compo. Let's face it, everyone in the bottom 8 of the comp is suffering right now due to that basketcase waste of time in the Sydney badlands. Ultimately we lost Scully and gained Hogan, it's pure luck that worked out in our favour.

But getting pick 3 for Frawley is legitimate. If you lost a key defender to any other team for $600k/4 years you'd have received pick 6 as compensation and all the teams beneath you would be pissed as well. Collingwood got the same band compensation for losing Thomas on $650k/4 years.

The compo is designed to protect teams like ours from being pillaged by the top 8.

I doubt McCartin or Wright will make it past the top 4 picks.

Melbourne will happily trade you pick 3 and you'll be able to pick either, but not sure they'll take anyone outside your best 22.
Not sure The Bulldogs board is going to give you a 'nice' reception.... Scully & Frawley compensation compared to what we got for Ward & Higgins is so unfair.... perhaps come back in a few days when we are not super annoyed with the AFL.

I reckon you guys got absolutely murdered with Ward compo. Let's face it, everyone in the bottom 8 of the comp is suffering right now due to that basketcase waste of time in the Sydney badlands. Ultimately we lost Scully and gained Hogan, it's pure luck that worked out in our favour.

But getting pick 3 for Frawley is legitimate. If you lost a key defender to any other team for $600k/4 years you'd have received pick 6 as compensation and all the teams beneath you would be pissed as well. Collingwood got the same band compensation for losing Thomas on $650k/4 years.

The compo is designed to protect teams like ours from being pillaged by the top 8.
Where are you getting the $600k p.a. figure from?

I reckon you guys got absolutely murdered with Ward compo. Let's face it, everyone in the comp is suffering right now due to that basketcase waste of time in the Sydney badlands. Ultimately we lost Scully and gained Hogan, it's pure luck that worked out in our favour.

But getting pick 3 for Frawley is legitimate. If you lost a key defender to any other team for $600k/4 years you'd have received pick 6 as compensation and all the teams beneath you would be pissed as well. I don't consider it a handout. It's designed to protect teams like ours from being pillaged by the top 8.

Certain teams get better compensation than others and more often, we have been screwed by the AFL a lot of late so if your here to promote how justified the Frawley pick is you have the wrong board

We lost 3 players for less compensation than you guys got for 2....

The arrogance and smugness of Melbourne supporters over getting pick 3 is astounding, they continue to get hand outs and piss them away, the suggestions they believe we have to give for a 3 pick upgrade is insane Hrovat is worth more than a 3 pick upgrade and the suggestion of Macrae for pick 3 is riddiculous

I dont think anyone is expecting someone like Macrae for a 3 pick upgrade.

It seems like you guys are going to need to consider a straight trade (ie Macrae for pick 2, and you keep pick 6), if you want access to one of the top key forwards this year.

I really dont think our clubs will get a deal done this year to be honest.

Am going to ignore the Dees supporter. Obviously he doesn't know our history with being screwed by the AFL in the name of handouts for Melbourne. None of the smart Dees supporters I know would come here and try and justify getting pick 3. They would start with an apology and try and offer a deal that is reasonable...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just announced the Dees new major sponsor. The AFL will partner the Dees and reward any form of incompetency with money and draft picks. Welfare groups are worried about the future of kids going to the Dees though and will protest up in the snowfields for the next couple of months.

Not sure The Bulldogs board is going to give you a 'nice' reception.... Scully & Frawley compensation compared to what we got for Ward & Higgins is so unfair.... perhaps come back in a few days when we are not super annoyed with the AFL.
Fair enough, didn't mean to intrude.

For what it's worth I reckon Higgins was pretty unfair on you guys. You looked after him through years of injuries and thought him leaving was a pretty terrible move. I just hope free agency doesn't continue to hurt teams like ours and benefit only the top 8.

I actually think that's a great trade if you can get McCartin or Wright out of it. I think Roos just wants Brayshaw.

Yep so you will have pick 2, 6 and 26. Not bad. Consider it as getting pick 6 and 26 as Frawley compensation. Surely even most Melbourne fans would have to say they have done well there.

I dont think anyone is expecting someone like Macrae for a 3 pick upgrade.

It seems like you guys are going to need to consider a straight trade (ie Macrae for pick 2, and you keep pick 6), if you want access to one of the top key forwards this year.

I really dont think our clubs will get a deal done this year to be honest.

Never said Macrae for the upgrade said Macrae and pick 3 straight swap is what some Melbourne supporters have thrown up as a great deal for us. Macrae is worth more than pick 2 or 3 on it's own and has achieved more in two seasons than most topline midfielders in the comp did

Am going to ignore the Dees supporter. Obviously he doesn't know our history with being screwed by the AFL in the name of handouts for Melbourne. None of the smart Dees supporters I know would come here and try and justify getting pick 3. They would start with an apology and try and offer a deal that is reasonable...

Me? What was wrong with my post??

Yep so you will have pick 2, 6 and 26. Not bad. Consider it as getting pick 6 and 26 as Frawley compensation. Surely even most Melbourne fans would have to say they have done well there.
This is a great deal.... bet Dees want more than this and thus we don't get a trade done. IF they were reasonable, they would do this...

Fair enough, didn't mean to intrude.

For what it's worth I reckon Higgins was pretty unfair on you guys. You looked after him through years of injuries and thought him leaving was a pretty terrible move. I just hope free agency doesn't continue to hurt teams like ours and benefit only the top 8.

Free agency is the best thing to happen to Melbourne since Scully left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back