Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additionally, due to injury and suspension we didnt have our best F50 setup available, nor did we have many options available to us. We also had a fee of our better ball users either missing or playing poorly. Will be really keen to see our I50 delivery improve this yr

It was amazing to see the improvement in forward entries in the finals compared to the home and away season.

Who would have considered that we would score 3+ goals more under finals pressure than in normal games? The stronger team helped but players were deliberately kicking the ball short of the square and centering the ball from the boundary to a point 20-30 metres out.

Then there is the handball from contested situations near goals which leads to a player out the back having a free shot at goal. Great execution of the genius' plan.

Believe that we will kick more goals next year but will this translate to more wins? Of course it will, no longer glass half full, in bev we trust.

Have to go, got replays to watch to see if we win again.

Dal seems to pick a bloke no one has heard of,75 might be that. Wouldn't mind getting if available and good enough a mature ruckmen or key defender as depth as one rookie.

Saw Mitch Brown walking the wrong way through Ikea today. He ended up buying some fake plants.

I've really got nothing to add, I just wanted to vent at seeing someone walk the wrong way through Ikea.
No way we can recruit a guy like that, clearly fails the no dickhead policy.

Saw Mitch Brown walking the wrong way through Ikea today. He ended up buying some fake plants.

I've really got nothing to add, I just wanted to vent at seeing someone walk the wrong way through Ikea.
you sure it wasn't nathan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously terrible with structures.

Garlett, marsh, McCarthy, hill, hamling, kersten, Gibbs, X Richards, Prestia and all the gws kids.

Surely it's time to seriously consider fully blown academies that allow 18 year old kids a better chance of working in their home state.

Would make for a mini state of origin vibe. I'm open to it. Should be looked at.

Garlett, marsh, McCarthy, hill, hamling, kersten, Gibbs, X Richards, Prestia and all the gws kids.

Surely it's time to seriously consider fully blown academies that allow 18 year old kids a better chance of working in their home state.

Would make for a mini state of origin vibe. I'm open to it. Should be looked at.
better idea. f*** off the expansion teams, they shouldn't exist or should've come to be 20 years after academies (just afl though not clubs) and grassroots afl hard yakka had built talent pools.

the rules of the draft are very simple, you don't get to choose where you're going. that allows for the even comp that's just helped our club win a flag. if these people want to be professional athletes they might have to settle for moving interstate, just like it's done in the states with basketball.

no draft-> comp's not even -> afl's shit

I think the draft age needs to be lifted to 19. Give the kids one more year to mature before becoming professional athletes.

better idea. f*** off the expansion teams, they shouldn't exist or should've come to be 20 years after academies (just afl though not clubs) and grassroots afl hard yakka had built talent pools.

the rules of the draft are very simple, you don't get to choose where you're going. that allows for the even comp that's just helped our club win a flag. if these people want to be professional athletes they might have to settle for moving interstate, just like it's done in the states with basketball.

no draft-> comp's not even -> afl's shit

I disagree with the idea that the draft is the panacea to an even competition. 3 teams have dominated the last decade.

The competition is now consistently losing talented young players because the system pushes them a days travel away from family and friends. Players are starting to choose family and friends over playing in the AFL. It's a worrying trend IMO.

I really like the idea that the Perth teams are predominantly made up of western Australians for example. Encourage all teams to develop their own through academies. They can still pay market rates for them at the draft, and we have caps on player salary and footy department spend as other equalisation measures as well.

I just think it's something the AFL should be talking about.

I disagree with the idea that the draft is the panacea to an even competition. 3 teams have dominated the last decade.

The competition is now consistently losing talented young players because the system pushes them a days travel away from family and friends. Players are starting to choose family and friends over playing in the AFL. It's a worrying trend IMO.

I really like the idea that the Perth teams are predominantly made up of western Australians for example. Encourage all teams to develop their own through academies. They can still pay market rates for them at the draft, and we have caps on player salary and footy department spend as other equalisation measures as well.

You make a very wise point, but AFL football has become more
about meetings, constant meetings and diet and supplements
it is becoming far removed from what is considered a normal
life. Some players can adapt, but more often these days the
system alienates and isolates despite the clubs efforts to try
and keep the players occupied away from football time.

two teams getting access to a state full of talent in WA and SA respectively while 10 teams try and do it in Victoria... Sounds great for equalisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back