Mega Thread Trade/Draft/Delist SuperMegaUltrathread - 2016/17 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reported that contracted players are knocking back going to the Suns. They don't want to go there.

Masten to GC would make my year. They have plenty of picks to burn even before trading Prestia and O'Mera.
Ashcroft was clear that they are fine for outside mids and only chasing inside mids

Ffs this year needs as much as possible to be about developing lycett dugg, sheed, redden yeo, lamb and any other prospect we can. We arent going to win a flag so put priddis on a hff. Get the young guys in the guts and let them fk up - let them learn THEIR POSITION - over and over.

Its not like priddis is going to get any slower - he then should be fit to go in 2018 or hes been overtaken.

Come back in 2018 with nn and give it a red hot go.

What's everyone's opinion on Priddis?
SLJ.gif

This. Club is doing due diligence.

We have lycett, giles, we need a developing ruck and one more in case of injuries.

If we cant get anyone else we take petrie - id rather him losing 90% of the hitouts than gov winning 50% and then getting a career shortening/ curtailing/ ending injury.

Anyone who thinks we are winning a flag next year is delusional anyway.

Dogs didn't think they were going to win one this year either.

We just need redden Jetta Nelson and Duggan to become established players. Will make a big difference. We aren't 10 players away.

I still think there's a slim chance he goes, especially if we retain McKenzie. I mean the club saying he won't be traded doesn't mean much, it could be a negotiating tactic. Clubs come out and say they are 100% behind coaches and then fire them two weeks later, things change.
Darling is staying

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dogs didn't think they were going to win one this year either.

We just need redden Jetta Nelson and Duggan to become established players. Will make a big difference. We aren't 10 players away.
Dogs had the perfect storm. Dont know if the bye will be there to help this year. Dogs slso have a midfield.

Dogs had the perfect storm. Dont know if the bye will be there to help this year. Dogs slso have a midfield.

Yeh so a few players need to stand up and we r right in it. All these players we have drafted and keeping, must b a reason.

Perfect storm or not, bottom line is u keep building and u never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. Club is doing due diligence.

We have lycett, giles, we need a developing ruck and one more in case of injuries.

If we cant get anyone else we take petrie - id rather him losing 90% of the hitouts than gov winning 50% and then getting a career shortening/ curtailing/ ending injury.

Anyone who thinks we are winning a flag next year is delusional anyway.
Id rather chase a younger wafl or vfl ruckman than a burnt out 33yo forward who has rucked very little,if nn has any problems coming back we'll be in the
S---

I dont like the little S--- but you just never know he might just bounce back
Into form ,he's pretty energetic and he wasn't happy at freo with rosco riding him i reckon that would have effected his game

If we get him we'll have to hope like hell for a resurgence. I just don't see it though, I think he's done.

I may be in the minority on this one but I hope Lamb stays and signs on for another two years.

He may have underwhelmed this season but he does show things at times that are special.

I also don't think he has been that well coached at East Perth.

It appears to me that Lamb has some concentration issues and needs to get some greater continuity of being involved in the game into his match day behaviour.

A ploy that I often used when I was coaching to help young players concentrate more and be more accountable for the entire game was to play them of the half back flank . Their first goal was to beat their opponents and win the one on ones and then allow them the freedom to back their judgement and be creative and follow their natural instincts to run off their man when they deemed it appropriate. Once the creative run is completed then back to covering their man again. This forces them to be more accountable for longer.

Some time I think our Club is way to conservative and lacks imagination in where and how we play our kids.

Kudos to Sydney for their match committee to help Callum Mills transition to AFL in season one by playing him of the HBF this year , we all know that eventually he will become a top quality midfielder.

Thats the sort of coaching creativity that we have traditionally been devoid of as a Club.

Last edited:
If we get him we'll have to hope like hell for a resurgence. I just don't see it though, I think he's done.
Youd think if hes chasing a 3 yr contract
(Not that wed give him a 3 yr contract )
He'd be confident that he would perform
I assume when players get to this age they would be in performance based contracts

Id rather chase a younger wafl or vfl ruckman than a burnt out 33yo forward who has rucked very little,if nn has any problems coming back we'll be in the
S---

Id rather that as well

But if all else fails we have a backup plan b,c,d, through to z

We arent norf - we dont have to hock the silverware to do this.

Youd think if hes chasing a 3 yr contract
(Not that wed give him a 3 yr contract )
He'd be confident that he would perform
I assume when players get to this age they would be in performance based contracts

I honestly think he just doesn't want to leave the state because of what he's got setup over here and just wants to eke out another few hundred K at the end of his career.

That's sad to hear, especially when we continually keep talentless hacks on the rookie list I don't see why we couldn't have kept Alec on there and supported him through another year. Had high hopes he would come back and be a gun.

That Jake Waterman article certainly does muddy the waters on Alex's situation.

I agree, we've kept blokes on the Rookie List doing f*** all for two, sometimes three years, and yet a lad with clear talent who is struggling with an illness that he could well fully recover from is given the arse??

Smells like more to it than the club or the Waterman's were letting on. Perhaps club didn't feel Alex was as committed to his recovery as he should've been?

Can you elaborate on why Chris was not happy Marlin01 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back