Mega Thread Trade/Draft/Delist SuperMegaUltrathread - 2016/17 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where would Minson fit with us? Would he get regular games or would he be happy to be in the reserves?
Personally I rate him higher than Giles. If we had Minson on our books I would have him as starting ruckman with Lycett starting up forward.

Given his age there would be heavy rotations with he and Giles throughout the year, though.

re - Alec waterman .

No one bid on him as a father and son .
We picked him with our last pick in the national draft .

If he wasn't a father son would we have even picked him ? surely not in the national draft .

He would have been a rookie at best .
2 seasons with almost no output and a lingering illness hanging over him pretty much stopping him from another pre season .

He also wasn't that fit in the first place .

Easy to see why he was delisted

Do people think we should treat father sons different to our other recruits ?

Because Ablett was a father son, low pick and all time great.

Therefore every father son with low pick is tracking to be like ablett.

Therefore it's a bargain and everyone loves to brag about a bargain.

Because Ablett was a father son, low pick and all time great.

Therefore every father son with low pick is tracking to be like ablett.

Therefore it's a bargain and everyone loves to brag about a bargain.

What? Where did you conjure this from? No one has said he was going to be anything like the messiah for us. For starters, while his old man was handy he was hardly Ablett Snr, so drawing that bow is pretty long and ridiculous.

Those that are disappointed he was delisted are wondering why, after we have kept players like Lucas, JON, Morton, and the ones that I can't even remember as to why we wouldn't give him an additional year. Now, there could be half a dozen very reasonable reasons as to why, which have been thrown around by a few, and given we don't know all the facts its all we can do to postulate on it, but drawing some silly long bow of a once in a lifetime father/son pick and trying to suggest that all those questioning the decision to delist him were hoping for similar results is just well... silly.

I would prefer minson over giles into our b22.

Minson to me is a no-brainer for the stop-gap spot, if he is keen. As far as I'm concerned he and Giles can fight it out for that spot and hopefully they bring out the best in each other. They are similar types I think, although Minson maybe slightly more mobile, and by that I mean, he only takes 5 seconds to get his hands below his knees, whereas Giles takes 9. Also, might be a tad quicker than Giles around the ground. Not that I know much about Minson, but from what I've read and heard, he is a bit...ummm... different. Walks to the beat of a different drum so to speak. Who cares. If he is willing to come over for a year or two under the assurance that he will be given every opportunity if he meets the targets then I think he can be handy. He has been on the outer for quite a while at the Doggies. McCartney was not a big fan, and nor does it seem is Beveridge.

We love our Rucks over here at West Coast. Maybe Big Willie just needs a bit of love thrown his way.

I have actually read a lot of KM's stuff in the past. Admittedly I've been away for a little bit but I must say I'm quite surprised in the least. I've heard from multiple sources that PP has been sliding due to his foot skills and decision making skills while Berry has been quite the opposite and is moving up the draft board. I'll wait for another instalment but I stand corrected in this case. If Berry really does fall that far I'll be pretty surprised.

Given his back surgery he may have a very quiet start to the season with no guarantees. This will naturally give opportunities for others to grow/.
Simmo should be alternating some of the younger players into the side anyway so he knows what they can handle and whether they can play to AFL standard. Last year thought he should have done this more unless they weren't ready of course?

That article by km isn't mock draft but a monthly power ranking. Theres a few guys like that mentioned very high. Ask him where he predicts SPP and Drew to do and he will say that they're early to mid second rounders.

Would prefer scrimshaw, florent and bolton to name a few at pick 12.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmo should be alternating some of the younger players into the side anyway so he knows what they can handle and whether they can play to AFL standard. Last year thought he should have done this more unless they weren't ready of course?
Cole ha opportunities, Barrass cemented his place. Dugan got an extended run but was off this year, Nelson got opportunities but needs to build fitness and looks like he'll get more midfield minutes moving forward. Karpany showed strong improvement and unexpectedly got a game in Melbourne. The rest probably weren't ready.

I have actually read a lot of KM's stuff in the past. Admittedly I've been away for a little bit but I must say I'm quite surprised in the least. I've heard from multiple sources that PP has been sliding due to his foot skills and decision making skills while Berry has been quite the opposite and is moving up the draft board. I'll wait for another instalment but I stand corrected in this case. If Berry really does fall that far I'll be pretty surprised.
It seems a bit at odds with the little I've read on the draftees. Rotham is low on that list compared to other opinions I've seen and logue isn't even on the list

Meanwhile the pepper shaker is a lot higher

Does nothing to dissuade me from the opinion we should try to get as many picks in the top 30 as we can with the admittedly limited trade chips we have.

I've not been happy with the idea of trading Mckenzie but if he's happy to go somewhere else and we can get good value in a trade (even if we have to wear some of his salary) then maybe it has some merit. We'd need to keep brown if eMac leaves though or join in the discussion for hamling

If Gold Coast was happy to throw one of their low 20's draft picks for masten and he was willing to move I wouldn't be unhappy either. But that won't happen because I don't think a) they'd want him and b) he'd be willing to move

What? Where did you conjure this from? No one has said he was going to be anything like the messiah for us. For starters, while his old man was handy he was hardly Ablett Snr, so drawing that bow is pretty long and ridiculous.

Those that are disappointed he was delisted are wondering why, after we have kept players like Lucas, JON, Morton, and the ones that I can't even remember as to why we wouldn't give him an additional year. Now, there could be half a dozen very reasonable reasons as to why, which have been thrown around by a few, and given we don't know all the facts its all we can do to postulate on it, but drawing some silly long bow of a once in a lifetime father/son pick and trying to suggest that all those questioning the decision to delist him were hoping for similar results is just well... silly.
Galileo never said anything about him tracking like Ablett. I think he was being facetious, saying that every father son low pick is wanted to be a messiah, so supporters can brag. At least I think that is where he is coming from. I hope so......

Not sure if it's been mentioned but according to afl website the dockers will accept our 3rd rounder for ballas but we arnt necessarily happy to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back