List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Hope Phil is doing alright. I get it’s the pointy end of the season and he can’t say too much on here but his last post was kinda dark.
Hope Phil is doing alright. I get it’s the pointy end of the season and he can’t say too much on here but his last post was kinda dark.
Spending that long in a room with Dodo bird will do that to you:rolleyes:

Holy moly, that RVJ is insane for a guy his size. Pretty elite numbers throughout, really. Unfortunately I haven't watched a WA u18 match where he didn't muff 90% of his kicks, so it would be interesting to see if he could be a lockdown small to replace Cole?

I'm not sure where people are seeing "beautiful left foot".
RVJ? Racob van Jooyen?

Lions, I have no idea what we’re doing.

Suns, is basic maths, they don’t have enough points to match bids where their kids are currently rated.

Melbourne, want Reid. Failing that, they want the best pure mid. There’s only two in the top 10. McKercher or Sanders.

I thought word is that Melb are also keen on Duursma? Hence the desire to trade up to get in front of Hawks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lions, I have no idea what we’re doing.

Suns, is basic maths, they don’t have enough points to match bids where their kids are currently rated.

Melbourne, want Reid. Failing that, they want the best pure mid. There’s only two in the top 10. McKercher or Sanders.
I wonder if we could offer something like

23, 58 for 28, 74, and F2. Gives them a points boost this year eqiuvalent to pick 48. Gives them an extra 308 points, plus a promise of not bidding on Walters at 1.

While we give up 23 for 28, in reality we only slip back 2 spots as they'd then have 23, 24, 27 that would be eaten up in matching bids before pick 28. Port and Carlton would end up moving in front of us. Not sure they'd take Collard (if that's who we are after then).

GC second rounder next year should be nice and give us more flexiblity.

We'd end up with 1, 28, 37, 74, 81 this year.

I wonder if we could offer something like

23, 58 for 28, 74, and F2. Gives them a points boost this year eqiuvalent to pick 48. Gives them an extra 308 points, plus a promise of not bidding on Walters at 1.

While we give up 23 for 28, in reality we only slip back 2 spots as they'd then have 23, 24, 27 that would be eaten up in matching bids before pick 28. Port and Carlton would end up moving in front of us. Not sure they'd take Collard (if that's who we are after then).

GC second rounder next year should be nice and give us more flexiblity.

We'd end up with 1, 28, 37, 74, 81 this year.
Just realised there’s a good chance chol and Hollands get traded today by the suns. Will have revisit when know what picks they end up with.

And which seniors players which have expressed an interest in coming to us would you trade for draft picks that get us said high end talent?
EFA

The reality is we are not an appealing club at the moment unless we overpay dramatcailly for middling talent. That will change as the kids develop, that's when we will be able to target players to fill the gaps.

RVJ? Racob van Jooyen?
High Jump Sport GIF by European Athletics

EFA

The reality is we are not an appealing club at the moment unless we overpay dramatcailly for middling talent. That will change as the kids develop, that's when we will be able to target players to fill the gaps.
Yeah but he said traded for draft picks, which I'm assuming is trading players OUT.

Either way, neither makes any sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but he said traded for draft picks, which I'm assuming is trading players OUT.

Either way, neither makes any sense.
Agreed. Imagine clubs who may have been interested in stealing one of our senior players would have approached them as they need to ask for the trade, and where turned down. Not surprising given age/salary/performance/WA boys, of most of our senior players that there hasn't been a rush on them, or any wanting to move.

This is what happens for all contracted players. They get contacted by another club who reach tentative agreement with them, before approaching the club to make the trade. It's not like we just offer players who are under contract for trade given we can't trade a player without their consent.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that - it just won’t be 2 and 3. It needs to be 2, yes, and something else. Be it the two later firsts or a mid first.
Most posters here hope it is not 2 and 3 and we just take Reid.
We have access to the player widely viewed as the best in the draft and a “generational talent”.

If however we do end up doing a deal then a lot of people think it should be 2 and 3. Or 2, a top 5 and a later pick. If Norf don’t want that deal great, we get Reid.

Personally, I refuse to use the ignore function because I'm not a coward.

Come at me

Tom Hardy Bane GIF

About 70% of Eagles board posters can't read the above post.

This is true, but because of home ground/fixturing advantages and the best 'go home' factor in footy - their floor is not like any of the other clubs.

Short of an Essendon style scandal (one that's actually investigated) it's nearly impossible for them to truly bottom out.

They burned picks last year trading.

Cats don't look to be adding any mature trades this year. Just draftees.

They just got rolled twice at home. Haven't seen that in a while. And maybe some bigger clubs will play in Geelong now with a bigger stadium.

Geelong won't be shooting up the ladder next season.

I’m happy with the 2 guy we have traded in this year. But lm frustrated we haven’t traded any senior players for draft picks this year.

Yeah because that strategy worked out well for north. Trade everyone out. Get crap draft picks. Then young players learn off no one.

This isn’t fifa where you will meet your pre determined rating and ceiling just because you exist.

Yeah because that strategy worked out well for north. Trade everyone out. Get crap draft picks. Then young players learn off no one.

This isn’t fifa where you will meet your pre determined rating and ceiling just because you exist.
Melbourne went from 2007 to 2016 without finishing better than 11th after they started gutting their list of senior players.

Do not want that period of ineptitude from us.

They burned picks last year trading.

Cats don't look to be adding any mature trades this year. Just draftees.

They just got rolled twice at home. Haven't seen that in a while. And maybe some bigger clubs will play in Geelong now with a bigger stadium.

Geelong won't be shooting up the ladder next season.

Not sure how successful they will be adding draftees with 8,25 and 85 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back