List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Split everything ,
1 for 2,3 future 1st (nth),
Trade future 1 for 6,11 future 1st (demons)
Trade future 1st(nth) for 10, 14, future 1st
Trade 3 for 7,15, future first (gws)
Take 2,6,7,10,11,14 this draft
Have future 1sts of gws, Adelaide, Melbourne
Dreaming just a tad.

Oh and no Harley.

#JustTakeTheHarley.

Any chance we could actually trade Sheed & Gaff to Freo or something? Looking fwd to something on the last day.
...trade for pick 1 as part of a salary dump???
No matter how I want them off the list, this seems a bit too much in Freo's favour...
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Am I the only one who doesn't want us to go anywhere near Curtin? If we're giving up Ried it absolutely must be for McKercher and anyone else in the top 10 who isn't Curtin, then another pick in the high to mid teens or a F1st.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
Not that it counts for much, bias obviously, but the boys out at Claremont are absolutely convinced he’s going to be a star.

He’s being underrated a bit now for mine. Great size, great kick, intercepting capability. If we managed to get a second pick in the Top 5/10 (likely by trading our F1) I’d not be upset with him. He meets a need and he’s got a lot of tricks in an area, let’s face it we need.

Trading Reid for Curtin would feel slightly depressing given Reid is also exactly what we need, plus that dose of genuine star factor that will get people through gates.

So tomorrow is the last day for player trades?

Has the West doubled down on Darling to Norf? I’d be okay with Darling going and the rumoured offer to be 2,3, 15, 17, 18 and F1 + Wardlaw.

Isn’t that the reason the VFL gave them a helping hand to add an experienced consistent campaigner that can leave fans holding their breathe?

Holy moly, that RVJ is insane for a guy his size. Pretty elite numbers throughout, really. Unfortunately I haven't watched a WA u18 match where he didn't muff 90% of his kicks, so it would be interesting to see if he could be a lockdown small to replace Cole?

I'm not sure where people are seeing "beautiful left foot".You’re all bitter and twisted about this kid - they’d have dropped him if he was as shit as you’re banging on about?
🤣 Jesus you’re all bitter and twisted over this kid mate - I reckon they’d have dropped him if he was that shit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Oscar Hine-Bastion dominated the state testing finished top 3 in every thing except for agility where he finished 4th
great effort
With his beautiful right foot he is a great little package for a small backman really like him and his scope to improve

WA State Combine Top 3
2km TTmin:sec
Wills, RileySubiaco6:29
Ferreira, AshtonSouth Fremantle6:30
Hine-Baston, OscarPerth6:31
Vertical Jump cm
Cocking, JackEast Fremantle72
Hine-Baston, OscarPerth77
Wills, RileySubiaco77
Running Vertical Jump cm
Hine-Baston, OscarPerth97
Cocking, JackEast Fremantle94
Fonti, JoeClaremont94
Wills, RileySubiaco94
20m sec
Fonti, JoeClaremont2.884
Wills, RileySubiaco2.920
Hine-Baston, OscarPerth2.937
Agility sec
Van Rooyen, SamClaremont7.898
Fonti, JoeClaremont7.977
Wills, RileySubiaco7.985
Great results for the boys, hoping the likes of Will’s, HB + Fonti get a crack.
Do they do a comparison against National results? Some of these would land them all in top 5/10 territory?

I clearly said “aging out”, which happens to every player. As in, eventually players reach an age where their performances diminish to the point they retire or are delisted.

You haven’t replaced Josh Kennedy, Jack Redden, Nic Naitanui, Luke Shuey & Shannon Hurn with similar quality players (yet).

Gaff is on a cliff according to most posters here. Dom Sheed is probably a step behind him.

Yes you have some good youth. But they are still youth, and largely unproven.

Yes I was commenting directly on the quality of your list, and I haven’t said anything different to other West Coast supporters here this year.

You also probably have the shallowest collection of youth of any club in the competition, except for possibly Geelong, but they have traded some in recently.

Due to early retirements and a couple of draft misses (every team has those), you probably have the shallowest group of quality 23/24 to 27 year olds in the competition.

I’m not trying to criticise West Coast here, just commenting on the current quality of your list.

Then I explained why I would consider trading out your future first.

Cant really the quality of the kids and if they will end up the same level of the players listed who have retired. Until years later.

Likelihood we wont get a Nic but most premiership sides dont have a Nic Naitanui.

Gaff retiring is a blessing as the game has past him and players like him.

As for the vpid in the 24 to 27. Its a void. A gap in the age profile that will obviously require addressi g via trade and FA. Just like Brisbane did......and Collingwood......and Geelong......and Port and Essendon do every bloody year.

Eaglrs have a war chest in cap space emerging in the next 3 seasons. Expect Busslinger to be offered a big contract next year. Etc......

Holy moly, that RVJ is insane for a guy his size. Pretty elite numbers throughout, really. Unfortunately I haven't watched a WA u18 match where he didn't muff 90% of his kicks, so it would be interesting to see if he could be a lockdown small to replace Cole?

I'm not sure where people are seeing "beautiful left foot".

So if no one picks him can he be a Cat B rookie or a rookie?

You need to be a pretty special back pocket to get picked in themain draft.

When was the last time someone mentioned what Adelaide offered for JHF?

Was it three first round picks, being 5, 6 and F1(5 again).

Now Twomey rated Reid above JHF on pure talent.

Minimum I’d accept is 2 & 3 from North. You can turn 3 in to whatever you want after that.
HAven't you heard. Mop has spoken. We aren't allowed to contemplate 2 and 3 from North as its not going to happen.

I did not realise you had insights into the Dees list management as well as the Suns and the Lions.

please explain why you know 100%?
Lions, I have no idea what we’re doing.

Suns, is basic maths, they don’t have enough points to match bids where their kids are currently rated.

Melbourne, want Reid. Failing that, they want the best pure mid. There’s only two in the top 10. McKercher or Sanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back