List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I can see Curtin sliding as far as GWS Pick 7 in this draft, purely based on the needs of Haw (plenty of his type already), WB (also well equipped for his type) and Melb (would do backflips if they get Caddy).

Live trade for GWS Pick 7 / 16 for WCE F1?
We really should not be giving up a probable top 2 pick for a guy like Curtin.

I can see Curtin sliding as far as GWS Pick 7 in this draft, purely based on the needs of Haw (plenty of his type already), WB (also well equipped for his type) and Melb (would do backflips if they get Caddy).

And 23 for their F1

Makes it our F1 and 23 for 7,16 and their F1

So Norf supposedly want Curtin but they want others as well. They may well just go McKercher and Duursma at 2 and 3

Hawks at 4 are getting McCabe so a pass there

Dogs at 5 do not need talls so a pass there

Dees are a possibility to take Curtin if he is there. Lamb and Taylor may prefer a proven mid in Sanders. They might also just prefer to take O'Sullivan at 6 and Murphy at 11 or Curtin and Murphy as a match up would work if they see Curtin as a CHB.

Geelong at 8 - Oh no. I might do the deal with the Dees so as to avoid a future doing over the barrel by the BODE.

Melbourne have gained big time most trades with Futures.

So Norf supposedly want Curtin but they want others as well. They may well just go McKercher and Duursma at 2 and 3

Hawks at 4 are getting McCabe so a pass there

Dogs at 5 do not need talls so a pass there

Dees are a possibility to take Curtin if he is there. Lamb and Taylor may prefer a proven mid in Sanders. They might also just prefer to take O'Sullivan at 6 and Murphy at 11 or Curtin and Murphy as a match up would work if they see Curtin as a CHB.

Geelong at 8 - Oh no. I might do the deal with the Dees so as to avoid a future doing over the barrel by the BODE.
McCabe is F/S. Hawks take him when a bid comes.

Read somewhere they loaded up on next year anyway, to accommodate a deficit next year
Cal Twomey has mentioned a few times you can only carry picks to draft to meet list spots. Apologies if this is dumb question or I misheard what he was saying.
How does that work for GC, if they only have 7 list spots do they need to consolidate their 10 spots into 7 before draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey has mentioned a few times you can only carry picks to draft to meet list spots. Apologies if this is dumb question or I misheard what he was saying.
How does that work for GC, if they only have 7 list spots do they need to consolidate their 10 spots into 7 before draft?

The GC list manager has said they will have 6 list spots going into the draft meaning they can only take 6 picks in

ATM they have 6x 2nd rounders plus some other picks from 66 on which they’ll forfeit as they can only take 6 picks in

Once the draft starts, they’ll be able to trade for further picks to accumulate points

I’m for moving our f2 into this year.

If we move our f2 into this year, we would be odds on to split next year.

And we may even have some players look to move on for success/opportunity if certain players are now being preferred that could net us some draft capital.
Problem with moving our future 2nd is that Gold Coast hols at least 6 of the 18 picks and need them to cover there NGA talent acquisitions. We hold 2 and Carlton has 2 which they would be looking to trade up this year. Value wise it wouldn't get us any picks under 30.

I think we should keep our draft hand as is, draft Reid and best available then next year if we don’t improve a hell of a lot we should be in line to receive priority access in the draft. We will have a new ceo and potentially new coach who hopefully aren’t too pig headed to ask for assistance. Next year they might be looking to bring in pick purchasing, which I believe would be better than throwing millions at a few players like English, Sam Taylor ect. The combo of priority access and pick purchasing should make up for our less than ideal draft hand this year

Can anyone provide insight into what kind of player Riley Hardeman could be? at this stage i see us taking him at 23.

Article quoting Nisbett suggesting that there is likely to be a competition wide reserves comp on the horizon. Like an expanded VFL. It also does mention in the article that if that does happen there will be a significant loss of license fees for the WAFL. I wonder if this is for real or if it is a coded threat to the WAFL that if they don't come to the table and be more reasonable this could happen and they will lose a lot of money.

And another article on pick 1 with more quotes for Victorian commentators saying effectively that because our list is so bad and has so many holes we are compelled to split the pick and try and get multiple picks out of it. They are still convinced we will cave in and accept 3 plus two other picks between 15 - 20. This is still the conventional wisdom over there.

And another article on pick 1 with more quotes for Victorian commentators saying effectively that because our list is so bad and has so many holes we are compelled to split the pick and try and get multiple picks out of it. They are still convinced we will cave in and accept 3 plus two other picks between 15 - 20. This is still the conventional wisdom over there.
If we are as bad as they say we will get 2 picks between 15-20 for free next year anyway. Seems such a weird philosophy to have .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back