List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Personally believe this is exactly what’s happening. Have you heard Mckercher being interviewed? Very impressive young man. As is Reid.

Also think West Coast suspect Reid will head to Victoria at some stage in his career.
Yep, probably round 1 or 2 next year I reckon, if WCE aren't sent to Brisbane like usual.

Personally believe this is exactly what’s happening. Have you heard Mckercher being interviewed? Very impressive young man. As is Reid.

Also think West Coast suspect Reid will head to Victoria at some stage in his career.
And Roos think Curtin will head home too.

Wont be choosing North that's for sure.

Id be pretty confident he stays once he spends time here.

I think McKercher, Curtin & Collard is far better for our rebuild than Reid.

Curtin's not likely to be a full-time midfielder, but will probably be able to play Brendon Goddard's type role at St.K.

We could get a gun, goal kicking midfielder with a good stiff-arm, a big utility that can go into the guts if we're getting bullied there, and a match-winning talent who can maybe be an aggressive winger.

Edit: Or ZZ for our next AA CHB.

And Roos think Curtin will head home too.

He’ll be fine over there. You’s have a good track record in that sense with not losing many back home.

Yeah he’d rather stay in vic but that’s only because of family, friends and him been such a community man.

And if he goes over to the west his parents are making the move as well. So that’ll make the initial move easier.

I think McKercher, Curtin & Collard is far better for our rebuild than Reid.

Curtin's not likely to be a full-time midfielder, but will probably be able to play Brendon Goddard's type role at St.K.

We could get a gun, goal kicking midfielder with a good stiff-arm, a big utility that can go into the guts if we're getting bullied there, and a match-winning talent who can maybe be an aggressive winger.

Edit: Or ZZ for our next AA CHB.

A compelling reason to trade.:thumbsu:

Just need to get the picks to land those players.

Having both Brockman & Collard under the Liam Ryan tutelage certainly is enticing.

Can't help but think Collard is more of a cherry on top player at this point of the rebuild however.

Collard at a minimum is a cherry on top player.

At the other end of the scale potentially he kicks 5 in a grand final.

Same actually applies to Brockman.

At least with Brockman, it looked like Hawthorn were pretty p***ed to lose him. I think that that is an important but not infallible indicator. The seller (who has obviously had the player on their list for several years) always has had the opportunity to know more about the merchandise than the buyer at the trade table. There is an information asymmetry in place. If the seller is pretty non - plussed about the player going, and there no alternative reasons and motivations for them to trade the player such as salary dump or the player is 28 and the club is rebuilding, then that is a big red flag.

Sometimes clubs get it wrong when accurately valueing what they are selling like Fremantle did with Hogan and Acres. But i find as a general rule the reaction of the club you are buying the player off is an important guide. Even in our history, St Kilda were p***ed to lose Cripps, as were Brisbane with Yeo, but Collingwood were happy to get rid of Wellingham to us and likewise GWS with Langdon and Brisbane with Witherden.

My concern for McKercher over Reid is the size difference. It would probably preclude Long getting time in the middle.

He would basically be a Gaff replacement.

Reid would be big enough and explosive enough to play with Hewett & Ginbey.

I doubt Chesser ends up a midfielder. I reckon he's more likely to end up a HBF.
Midfielder with half-back potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly don't think North will budge with pick 2 so it's not really anything to worry about.

They have no reason too. Why would they as McKercher like we are all saying is going to be a very good player. If I was in Rawlings position hell no would I be doing any trade for pick 1 that means pick 2 is gone. Smart thing would be to just take all the top picks they have. The only thing they will offer is there other picks 3 17 18 19 to see if we bite as it benefits them by having both Reid and McKercher picks 1&2.

There is no other team capable as McKercher is the main driver in any possible trade scenario.
Reid is ours. If we want to climb up the order with our later picks the only way is by using our later picks. Reid is pretty much signed sealed and delivered. Although like others have said it is still possible we could say Walters name at pick 1 for shits and giggles.

Here's what I don't understand...

If we are so utterly s**t that we absolutely need more first-round draft picks... if our list is so totally ****ed that we would consider trading pick 1, and lose out on a player that pretty much every recruiter has described as a "generational talent", just so we could bring in more new recruits...

Why didn't we get compensation from the AFL? Why did North get kissed on the dick by the AFL, but not us? Why is the media narrative that we should (or even must) trade pick 1 to accelerate our rebuild, and not focused on how we've been let down by the AFL?

All year I've heard how utterly dire we are, and how it will take years to dig ourselves out of this hole. But the same arseholes that have been potting us all year, didn't bat an eyelid when North got compensation and we got nothing.

It doesn't compute.
Do you really not know the answer to this?

I don't get the love for Hardeman. Seems safe and maybe best case another Hough type?

I'd like to target other players with our second pick. More dynamic, with higher ceilings

Also, how funny is it that the heaviest guy in the draft is only 189cm .

One player the Eagles have closely followed.

He’ll be fine over there. You’s have a good track record in that sense with not losing many back home.

Yeah he’d rather stay in vic but that’s only because of family, friends and him been such a community man.

And if he goes over to the west his parents are making the move as well. So that’ll make the initial move easier.

By the way friends this poster is a genuine Reid family knower.

Die hard Eagles fan too and we'd likely pick him over Reid.
I do think it's interesting the Victorian media hasn't made anything of the fact that Walter is an eagle supporter who is from WA and has strong ties there. No whisper of him being a flight risk for the suns in 3 yrs!

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would people do 37 and 58 for Gold Coast 32 and 71?

Would give them an extra 40 points and bump us up in the 30s a bit (specifically, ahead of Freo’s first pick if we’re worried about them taking Collard).

I would do this but the problem is that Fremantle would have time to make a trade of their own to jump ahead of us if they were keen on Collard as well.

Gold Coast pick 30 will be long gone after they pick their second academy boy.

Our best bet will be the Pies, agree to a deal in principle and then complete the trade just before the selection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back