List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I’m coming round to the swing for the fences and going collard with our second pick over going safe and having a more “sure thing” with a lower ceiling.
Having both Brockman & Collard under the Liam Ryan tutelage certainly is enticing.

Can't help but think Collard is more of a cherry on top player at this point of the rebuild however.

The GC list manager has said they will have 6 list spots going into the draft meaning they can only take 6 picks in

ATM they have 6x 2nd rounders plus some other picks from 66 on which they’ll forfeit as they can only take 6 picks in

Once the draft starts, they’ll be able to trade for further picks to accumulate points
That is my understanding.

If the Walter bid does not come until 2 and the Read bid until 10, then they will have enough points for all of Walter, Read, Rogers and Graham.

I also expect the Suns to sell off the picks in the 20's on draft night and at a premium. Lions have picks 30, 39 51 and 54 so will happily pay up. Likewise Freo with 34 and 46 will likely pay to get into the 2nd round.

BUT IF WEST COAST BID ON WALTER AT 1, THEN THAT CHANGES THE STORY. No reason why we should back away since he is the stand out KPF in this year's draft.

I would not be surprised if Melbourne are the team that bid on Read with pick 6 which will be pick 7 by then. If that is the case, then Suns will struggle.

Hence I would be interviewing Walter and asking if he was called out, would he come back to Perth. Assuming he wants the Suns, we ask the Suns for a favourable deal on pick 24 with a combination of 58 and a future R3.

I would be working in cohorts with Melbourne and recommending we bookend them with the Read and Walter bids earlier than expected or ....

If the Walter bid does not come until 2 and the Read bid until 10, then they will have enough points for all of Walter, Read, Rogers and Graham.

I also expect the Suns to sell off the picks in the 20's on draft night and at a premium. Lions have picks 30, 39 51 and 54 so will happily pay up. Likewise Freo with 34 and 46 will likely pay to get into the 2nd round.

BUT IF WEST COAST BID ON WALTER AT 1, THEN THAT CHANGES THE STORY. No reason why we should back away since he is the stand out KPF in this year's draft.

I would not be surprised if Melbourne are the team that bid on Read with pick 6 which will be pick 7 by then. If that is the case, then Suns will struggle.

Hence I would be interviewing Walter and asking if he was called out, would he come back to Perth. Assuming he wants the Suns, we ask the Suns for a favourable deal on pick 24 with a combination of 58 and a future R3.

I would be working in cohorts with Melbourne and recommending we bookend them with the Read and Walter bids earlier than expected or ....
Calling Walters name out of draft night devalues Reid, which I think is a dumb move, especially as we will already know he won't come to us prior to draft night. Reid wants to be 1. Give it to him.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m in the draft Reid camp but if we ain’t.

I propose this

WC-
Out- Pick 1 and future 3rd
In- Pick 2 (McKersher) and 6 (Curtin)

North
Out- picks 2, 3, 18
In- Pick 1 (Reid) and 8 (O’Sullivan)

Melb-
Out- Pick 6 and 11
In- Pick 3 (Duursma) and WC future 3rd

Geel-
Out- pick 8
In- Picks 11 and 18

I’m in the draft Reid camp but if we ain’t.

I propose this

WC-
Out- Pick 1 and future 3rd
In- Pick 2 (McKersher) and 6 (Curtin)

North
Out- picks 2, 3, 18
In- Pick 1 (Reid) and 8 (O’Sullivan)

Melb-
Out- Pick 6 and 11
In- Pick 3 (Duursma) and WC future 3rd

Geel-
Out- pick 8
In- Picks 11 and 18
Given that you are all the way in Adelaide, can you nominate someone in Perth I can locate and roundhouse kick in the face regarding this trade scenario?

Wayyyyyyyyyyy too little

Given that you are all the way in Adelaide, can you nominate someone in Perth I can locate and roundhouse kick in the face regarding this trade scenario?

Wayyyyyyyyyyy too little

The proposed four way trade would leave four clubs unhappy.

WC - giving up Reid for just 2 and 8
North - giving up 2 and 3 for Reid, and a small pick upgrade
Melbourne - moving from 6 to 3 at the cost of a top 10 pick and late future pick
Geelong - moving out of the top 10 for later picks in a shallow draft

Which is probably an indicator that it's the most plausible scenario.

Melbourne - moving from 6 to 3 at the cost of a top 10 pick and late future pick

2 and 8 is crap

My eyes are up here mate

alone GIF by Bee Gees

WC- Get rid of that go home factor a little.

North- Get their marquee player and probably their FB for the next 15 years.

Melb- Have said they will try and upgrade again. Sounds like they want Duursma or Watson. Won’t get them where they are. Not sure Sanders or Curtin fit what they need.

Cats- have said they would look to move back. Still get inside that 14 and get another thrown in to a draft they don’t have much.

Love the feedback though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC- Get rid of that go home factor a little.

North- Get their marquee player and probably their FB for the next 15 years.

Melb- Have said they will try and upgrade again. Sounds like they want Duursma or Watson. Won’t get them where they are. Not sure Sanders or Curtin fit what they need.

Cats- have said they would look to move back. Still get inside that 14 and get another thrown in to a draft they don’t have much.

Love the feedback though

As pointed above, though, there are clear reasons why that club would not like that scenario.

I do sincerely think though yours is the most likely four way trade scenario floated so far.

By no means a definitive list, I am not a track watcher. More a "gist" list based on what I have read:

1​
Harley ReidMIDFIELDER
1​
WCE
2​
Jed WalterKEY FORWARDGCS AcademyGCS - match
3​
Zane DuursmaFORWARD
2​
NM
4​
Colby McKercherMIDFIELDER
3​
NM
5​
Nick WatsonSMALL FORWARD
4​
HAW
6​
Ethan ReadRUCKGCS AcademyGCS - match
7​
Daniel CurtinUTILITY
5​
WB
8​
Ryley SandersMIDFIELDER
6​
MEL
9​
Nate CaddyTALL FORWARD
7​
GWS
10​
Connor O'SullivanKEY DEFENDER
8​
GEEL
11​
Darcy WilsonMIDFIELDER
9​
ESS
12​
Jake RogersMIDFIELDERGCS AcademyGCS - match
13​
Jordan CroftKEY FORWARDWB F/SWB - match
14​
Ollie MurphyKEY DEFENDER
10​
AD
15​
James LeakeUTILITY
11​
MEL
16​
Caleb WindsorWING
12​
SYD
17​
Will McCabeKEY DEFENDERHAW F/SHAW - match
18​
Harry De MattiaMIDFIELDER
14​
AD
19​
Riley HardemanDEFENDER
15​
NM
20​
Archie RobertsDEFENDER
16​
GWS
21​
William GreenRUCK
17​
NM
22​
Archer ReidKEY FORWARD
18​
NM
23​
Koltyn TholstrupFORWARD
19​
COL
24​
Charlie EdwardsMIDFIELDER
20​
AD
25​
George StevensDEFENDER
21​
ST K
26​
Mitch EdwardsRUCK
22​
CAR
27​
Lance CollardSMALL FORWARD
23​
WCE
24​
GCS - bid
28​
Arie SchoenmakerTALL DEFENDER
25​
GEEL
26​
GCS - bid
27​
GCS - bid
29​
Jack DeleanSMALL FORWARD
28​
CAR
30​
Ashton MoirFORWARD
29​
RICH
31​
Tew JiathDEFENDER
30​
BR
32​
Angus HastieDEFENDER
31​
ESS
32​
GCS - bid
33​
Cooper SimpsonMIDFIELDER
33​
COL
34​
Logan MorrisFORWARD
34​
FRE
35​
Caiden ClearyMIDFIELDERSyd AcademySYD - match
36​
Joel FreijahWING
35​
ESS
36​
GCS - bid
37​
Taylor GoadRUCK
37​
WCE
38​
GCS - Bid
38​
Will GrahamMIDFIELDER
39​
BRI
39​
Luamon LualDEFENDER
40​
ST K
40​
Koen SanchezMIDFIELDER
41​
RICH
Good effort but no love for Zz?

I’d have him pretty easily top 40, has a lot of potential. His size and athleticism no way he’s not gone in the second round.

All makes sense apart from the part about engaging with Walter. There is no way known Gold Coast don't match if we bid at #1 as their highest pick is currently 24 - not matching would serve no purpose (as it may if they had pick 4 for example and could nab an elite talent if they held their pick). By all means though look to deal with Gold Coast and use an undertaking not to bid on Walter with #1 as currency.

"Either give us a free pick 27 or we will bid on Walter and Read with pick 1..... Dont tempt me"

As pointed above, though, there are clear reasons why that club would not like that scenario.

I do sincerely think though yours is the most likely four way trade scenario floated so far.
I think the positive out way the negatives for all clubs (Wothout knowing the Dees and Cats draft boards). Cats might want Caddy ect.

Closer to the draft when the draft board is clearer will tell the story.

What if,

Both North and West Coast are coming to the conclusion that Reid and McKercher aren’t as far apart as the, at times, OTT media hype surrounding Reid would suggest

Meaning WC are more than happy to settle for Reid but want some incentive to move back from 1 but North are equally happy with McKercher so don’t want to give up anything valuable to get Reid instead

Explains why we knocked back Hawthorns offer because 4 is too far back and why North didn’t offer anything that included pick 2

The advantage North have over us, courtesy of the AFL, is that if they end up with McKercher over Reid they still have 3,15,17,18 to round out their draft adding to an already healthy collection of R1 picks

By contrast if we JTR we have only 23,37,58 to round out our draft adding to a list that is positively anemic when it comes to R1 picks by comparison

In many ways we need to trade pick 1 and are being squeezed to do so as Dylan82 posted about previously

The lack of focus on McKercher is very odd partly because lazy journos can only see Curtin as our next option cos WA

Personally believe this is exactly what’s happening. Have you heard Mckercher being interviewed? Very impressive young man. As is Reid.

Also think West Coast suspect Reid will head to Victoria at some stage in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back