List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

"The symbolism of Ben Cousins handing Reid a West Coast Eagles jumper would be something else".

Never going to happen, the optics would be terrible and imagine trying to sell that to parents of a draftee.

Here's Ben, a player that had it all and then lost 15 years of his like to drug addiction, put his family through absolute hell and has only recently turned it around.

Glad he has turned it around ATM, but he continues to face mammoth challenges and is a great cautionary tale for inductees, not a celebratory opportunity.

I remember his return game well. The row in front of us had a number of old ducks who all gave him a standing ovation.

At the time I was thinking WTF, he has almost single handedly destroyed the club, lied and pretty much shafted everyone who loved him.

Yep, standing ovation stuff it was and we all know how that turned out.
Agree - should 100% be Nic

I remember his return game well. The row in front of us had a number of old ducks who all gave him a standing ovation.
Those old ducks are what is wrong with our club

"Standing ovation for drug abuser"
"Booing Judd 5 years after leaving"
"Just kick it"
"Continously get players wrong"

I had to change seats 3 times at Subi cos I couldn't handle it

My father-in-law is one, I've had to listen for 6 weeks how we should take Curtin with PICK 1 because he's the next Pavlich 😐 (despite watching zero under 18s or following the draft)

FA compo and PP's definitely need to go.
Everyone benefits from FA, so there should be no compensation for losing a player if you aren't even willing to keep the player by offering more or forcing a trade.
Guaranteed PP's that are given based on defined conditions will cause teams to tank, while giving them based on discretion and a team begging for them leads to biased and potentially corrupt decisions that affects every other team.

How do you balance the father son inequities?

That's what has caused this mess.

"Just kick it"

My father-in-law is one, I've had to listen for 6 weeks how we should take Curtin with PICK 1 because he's the next Pavlich (despite watching zero under 18s or following the draft)

Funny thing is the only one who recons he is pav like is Curtin. No one else has ever said that.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Glass, Mackenzie, 2015-2018 Schofield - were good at defending.

Bazzo plays like Barrass, except with Gov and Barrass he can't do that and is relegated to FB lockdown. I know he's still underweight but doesn't have the body on body nous or mongrel to compete.
He's no bust but has a long long way to go before he's good enough to be a player deserved of a spot in every AFL best 22
I say thats bad coaching and leadership by senior players. Young guys who come in should be given the opportunity to play to their strengths while they are finding their feet, with senior players given the harder tasks and sacrificing parts of their game.

Case in point when we played the blues at Optus. Barrass ran around freely until Curnow got to 9 goals and then he tightened up.

Has Cuz actually turned things around recently? I genuinely hope so, he was my idol as a kid before he went off the rails.

I only ask, as the owner of my gym attended a function late last year where Cuz gave a talk at, and Benny went backstage after said talk and asked where all the gear was.

Was a genuine champion on field. Inspiring captain too. If Reid can reach even half that level on the field as Cuz, we’re onto a good one.

"Just kick it"

My father-in-law is one, I've had to listen for 6 weeks how we should take Curtin with PICK 1 because he's the next Pavlich 😐 (despite watching zero under 18s or following the draft)
Probably like my old man and still reads the West as his main source of information. Thinks Splinters is alright.

I'd love Cousins but that's cause he was my guy growing up, but can see the other side of why he shouldn't.

Other options would be Chris Judd and Peter Matera who are both in our top 5 players ever and both all time greats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Reid did say he wanted #9 because of Cousins and they've followed each other in Instagram so...

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

If he slide to crows, I bet my left nut crows do a deal.

F1 and 37 for 10 14 F1 would be about right.

Crows still have 20 37 this year and potential top 3 pick next for Draper. Remember the father/son welsh already touted as first rounder as well AND they'll make another play for Petty. That is 3 first rounders they will need to secure them.

If they walk away with Draper petty and welsh next year despite making finals, they will cough up this year picks to achieve that.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
You must not value your nut much.

Dreaming if you think crows take that deal.

You must not value your nut much.

Dreaming if you think crows take that deal.
Why wouldn’t they? They’ll still get Goad with 20, 37 probably gets them Delean or Moir and they have a proper crack at Draper (or other top end mid) next year before a bid on Welsh that will probably blow up their natural R1 selection. If it’s pick 1 or 2 they can probably split it to pick 4/5, still get Draper and get colreral for Petty. Seems pretty attractive to me.

Would Reece Torrent be worth using a late pick on? Haven't seem him play at all but his Rookie Me draft profile reads well.

Would be good to see him streaming out of the backline...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back