List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Windsor please. He would really complement our other mids + Reid.
Leaning towards agreeing with you. This is where I’m at:

55 for Haynes ($1.3m) and GWS 6
20 and F2 for GCS 10 (via bulldogs)
34 (Grundy) and 41 (Adams) for swans 23

1-Reid
6-Sanders/Curtin
10-Windsor/Murphy
23-Schoenmaker/ZZ/Demattia
60-NGA Collard/Livingston

That is dominating a low quality and compromised draft.

Any talk of trading F1 or F2 is 12 months premature. I think Hawthorn and North Melbourne can afford to give up their F1 now because they are loaded with high end talent already. We're at least a year behind those two.

Jed Walter asked Harley if he had booked his flights yet on his latest Instagram post lol.

Harley also liked a comment from someone saying he’s a future Geelong hall of famer… trade him for a 4th round pick.

He also liked a comment which was an emoji with the letters "WC"

You also need to remember that these ITK are probably used to INSEMINATE INCEPTION that is false or a red herring to create leverage

Pardon the intrusion.

Would it change your mind if NM gave WC a private undertaking they were taking Watson at 3, meaning you’d get Kerch and then either Sanders or Curtin?
NM should bid on walter, then take O'Sullivan/Curtin and then Watson. Your list is actually stacked and just needs a few positions targeted and filled mainly talls.

Mckercher and Sanders are overkill for your build as you already have something like 8 top 10 picked midfielders on your list already and you can't play them all.

I think you guys should actually trade down ( involving a few clubs) a few picks as it's likely you can go from #2 +#19 and get something like #5 & #8.

IMO Curtin isn't top 10 worthy so everyone acting like they are doing WCE a favour are actually coming off like a bunch of tools.

Leaning towards agreeing with you. This is where I’m at:

55 for Haynes ($1.3m) and GWS 6
20 and F2 for GCS 10 (via bulldogs)
34 (Grundy) and 41 (Adams) for swans 23

1-Reid
6-Sanders/Curtin
10-Windsor/Murphy
23-Schoenmaker/ZZ/Demattia
60-NGA Collard/Livingston

That is dominating a low quality and compromised draft.
Has there been any credible reporting anywhere that GWS is willing the package pick 6 with Haynes?

I’m pretty sure Twomey said GWS are not interested in doing a pick + player salary dump.

When Gold Coast trade pick 10, they will be looking for a 200+ points upgrade on that pick.

They won’t be interested in future picks in that trade.

Don’t believe Sydney would be interested in the the trade you proposed either.

Has there been any credible reporting anywhere that GWS is willing the package pick 6 with Haynes?

I’m pretty sure Twomey said GWS are not interested in doing a pick + player salary dump.

When Gold Coast trade pick 10, they will be looking for a 200+ points upgrade on that pick.

Oh the absence from our resident guru due to grand final grief. Thanks for coming back and teaching us the fundamentals of drafting.

I would be interested in hearing from the maestro on list management as to where the Lions are at and what we can expect. After all, your team are an established club yet hide behind the petticoats of the Suns and gain expansion club privileges. Hats off to Swan and Co, you have the AFL by the short and curlies.

What do you think you club needs I. This trade and draft period to go one better?

What do you think Freo should do as I heard you‘d spent some time lurking on their boards?

What would you do if you were the Norf list manager?

I guess I would like to hear what you would do I. All these cases and not what you would not do!!!

We need people who gave ideas and not nay sayers.

Last edited:
Hypothetical, how would people feel if we traded Tom barrass for pick 11 and a future 1st? Tom Morris pouring cold water on Sydney’s interest probably means he’s out the door…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypothetical, how would people feel if we traded Tom barrass for pick 11 and a future 1st? Tom Morris pouring cold water on Sydney’s interest probably means he’s out the door…

I wish, unfortunately that ship has probably sailed.

Wont happen now the swans have Hamling, but if we had secured Hamling instead, id go for it.
Should be able to get Murphy with pick 11

I think the Geelong pick ends up with North if it gets traded. They‘ve got 4 late first rounders and a second rounder over the next 2 drafts - if they want it there is plenty of picks to play with. 14 & 19 this year would have to be close to sufficient.

1. Whilst GWS preference is to pay half and offload him, my understanding is the Eagles HAVE enquired about taking the whole (or part thereof) salary on for a pick. That may not end up as 6 (it may be 15) but that’s certainly where I’d start negotiations and where ROB would too.

2. I disagree. I’m sure Gold Coast would be interested, especially if as reported they have interest in Yeo and if we could have the option of taking Murphy with that pick, it might perhaps stop us from needing to bid on a KPP at say pick 1 saving Gold Coast 400 points alone.

3. I disagree. If Sydney can turn pick 23 into 2 picks that get the deals down for two of their trade targets Grundy and Adams, then that is a no brainer for them and we have an excellent trade relationship with Sydney.

Mckercher and Sanders are overkill for your build as you already have something like 8 top 10 picked midfielders on your list already and you can't play them all.
Sanders is a fair call, we don’t need more inside mids.
But we do need more outside mid types so we don’t keep getting killed on the spread, hence Mckercher fills a need. (This is also why we’re going after Dylan Stephens this offseason)

Personally I think Kerch, Watson, O’Sullivan and then a developing KPF would be a perfect draft haul for us.

But with every passing day it seems to becoming more likely we’re going to cough up a premium to get pick 1 though. 😬

A deal that gets us McKercher and Curtin/Sanders I’d hope we are taking 10 times out of 10.

Always been the price that people on here were happy with, it’s just it was expected Curtin and Kerch go 2 and 3 (hence 2+3 being the f*ck off price).

If what you are saying eventuates I don’t think you’d find too many on this board disappointed. Maybe a lot of what ifs given we’re handing over a potential superstar, but trading for the two best pure mids is a win win no matter what.
Not only that, but it would be appealing to keep the two Tassie boys together like GC did with Rowell and Anderson, and they complement each other really well.

If we don’t get Watson, WB definitely will when they get GC’s 4.

Went down a rabbit hole looking at how we get the Geelong pick and ended up involving North and Melbourne in amegatrade

Assumes North get pick 3 for McKay and all picks have been adjusted for that but not any other FA compo picks that will come in (Gresham and Doedee)

WCE
In : 2,6,26,Norths 2024 PP(19,20)
Out : 1,21,F2,F3

We then have picks 2,6,26,35,42 plus we upgrade our F2 & F3 to pick 19 & 20 next year

North Melbourne
In : 1,8,WCE F2,F3
Out : 2,3,43,2024 PPs(19&20)

North then have picks 1,8,15,20,55 whilst holding our F2 & F3 picks in exchange for both of their 2024 PPs

Geelong
In : 14,21
Out : 8

Melbourne
In : 3,43
Out : 6,14,26

Trading up to 3 allows them to get ahead of Hawthorn for Duursma

Draft order could then go something like this :

1 - Reid (NM)
2 - Walter (GC)
3 - McKercher (WC)
4 - Duursma (Melb)
5 - Read (GC)
6 - Caddy (Haw)
7 - Watson (WB)
8 - Curtin (WCE)
9 - O’Sullivan (GWS)
10 - Sanders (NM)

North get Reid and Sanders, whilst we get McKercher and Curtin

We could then trade 42,56,61 and our F4 to Hawthorn for Brockman and 31 (which is roughly equivalent to pick 49). That then gives us 26,31,35 to round out our draft with good options at all those picks

Go into next years draft with our F1 plus 19 and 20 but having traded out the rest of our picks (F2,F3,F4)

FWIW, the points value equivalent for each club (assuming we win the spoon again) :

WCE - gain equivalent to pick 7
North - loss equivalent to pick 15
Melbourne - loss equivalent to pick 17
Geelong - gain equivalent to pick 37

Still think if we do split pick 1 more than 1 other club will need to get involved

Or we could just take Reid

Went down a rabbit hole looking at how we get the Geelong pick and ended up involving North and Melbourne in amegatrade

Assumes North get pick 3 for McKay and all picks have been adjusted for that but not any other FA compo picks that will come in (Gresham and Doedee)

WCE
In : 2,6,26,Norths 2024 PP(19,20)
Out : 1,21,F2,F3

We then have picks 2,6,26,35,42 plus we upgrade our F2 & F3 to pick 19 & 20 next year

North Melbourne
In : 1,8,WCE F2,F3
Out : 2,3,43,2024 PPs(19&20)

North then have picks 1,8,15,20,55 whilst holding our F2 & F3 picks in exchange for both of their 2024 PPs

Geelong
In : 14,21
Out : 8

Melbourne
In : 3,43
Out : 6,14,26

Trading up to 3 allows them to get ahead of Hawthorn for Duursma

Draft order could then go something like this :

1 - Reid (NM)
2 - Walter (GC)
3 - McKercher (WC)
4 - Duursma (Melb)
5 - Read (GC)
6 - Caddy (Haw)
7 - Watson (WB)
8 - Curtin (WCE)
9 - O’Sullivan (GWS)
10 - Sanders (NM)

North get Reid and Sanders, whilst we get McKercher and Curtin

We could then trade 42,56,61 and our F4 to Hawthorn for Brockman and 31 (which is roughly equivalent to pick 49). That then gives us 26,31,35 to round out our draft with good options at all those picks

Go into next years draft with our F1 plus 19 and 20 but having traded out the rest of our picks (F2,F3,F4)

FWIW, the points value equivalent for each club (assuming we win the spoon again) :

WCE - gain equivalent to pick 7
North - loss equivalent to pick 15
Melbourne - loss equivalent to pick 17
Geelong - gain equivalent to pick 37

Still think if we do split pick 1 more than 1 other club will need to get involved

Or we could just take Reid
Great post. I’m absolutely in agreement with your final statement as I’m totally against trading Reid under any realistic circumstance but thoughts like this are exactly what we should be thinking about to get creative to move up the draft order. Aside from vague reports in GCS interest in Yeo if would be great to know if there’s any genuine interest in other players, even if that’s someone like a Rotham or H Edwards to Adelaide to cover loss of Doedee so we could add a bit of collateral to get up the draft order. Adelaide have a couple of early picks in the second round and suspect they will be after Delean, Moir and the skipper who are looking like mid-late second round picks, might be an avenue to deal with them for example.

Sanders is a fair call, we don’t need more inside mids.
But we do need more outside mid types so we don’t keep getting killed on the spread, hence Mckercher fills a need. (This is also why we’re going after Dylan Stephens this offseason)

Personally I think Kerch, Watson, O’Sullivan and then a developing KPF would be a perfect draft haul for us.

But with every passing day it seems to becoming more likely we’re going to cough up a premium to get pick 1 though.

How do we not need more inside mids.

We were the worst team on every stat. Contested possession, clearances, ground ball. We have noone that can compete with Oliver, Viney, green, et al.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back