List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Has Curtin getting to GWS without being certain, sounds like Hawks and potentially trading with the Dees the biggest concern. Doesn’t seem to know what GWS will do, I’m sure the late mail tomorrow will give some answers. Hopefully we have got an agreement already.

God help us try to find the draft capital in three years when he requests a trade home.

People.losing the shit now BC we want to swap F1 for pick 7ish to nab him, yet this again has Tim Kelly shit show written all over it. 1853613902.jpg

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

It looks like he hasn’t factored in pick swaps/trades so the whole Curtin scenario is still uncertain. Collard at pick 30 isn’t a bad outcome. Diluting our second pick by 11 spots is a joke though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep. Curtin going to Cats means Caddy slips, O’Sullivan goes to the Crows and it looks a fair bit different. All rucks top 20 is interesting

Interesting no Murphy or Schoenmaker in top 30 in addition to ZZ. Unless we get 7 and 16 from GWS for F1 I hope we hold firm and take one of these 3 with our second pick. I hope Freo trade up to get Collard to take the decision out of our hands. Combo of Roberts, Freijah, Hall and Moir with later picks would round out a very nice draft.

Imagine Liam Ryan & Collard as your half fwd's or playing out of the square taking hangers. Will be a highlight reel. Ol Darling better get out the way they be taken turns on his shoulders. Brockman can take hangers too..

Ryan, Collard, Brockman, Cripps.
Not a bad quartet of Small/Mid Sized Fwds.

Pretty confident he is the next Roo Matera when he fills out a bit more. Probably ends up on the wing. Remember when Fremantle said Andrew McLeod was too skinny. Yea let's not be like Fremantle.
Prefer he spent a bit more time on the ground as a crumber. (NB: he got severely injured going for a speccy.) Sure it's great to see him fly (and he obviously loves to see himself on the replay) but we have big guys paid to fly and with him competing it leaves one less to crumb. So, occasionally? Yes please. Regularly? NO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curtin is interesting if he gets to Geelong or Adelaide there’s a snowballs chance in hell that he gets traded they will snaffle him up and laugh to the bank GWS is probably the only likely landing spot for a trade or hawks

If Curtin doesn’t work out, I’d be very happy with Reid and Collard for our first two picks.

Wouldn't be against Reid and Collard with our first two picks.

I could live with that, although I have some doubts on Collards ability to transition into a fully professional system.

Kid has the talent, so I hope my fears are unfounded.

Its a good draft for tall's, so I would want us to nab a couple this year, as next years crop of tall's looks less inspiring.

Zakostelsky or Murphy?

Personally - with that choice, I would be going in alphabetical order as far as my preference went.

Apparently the Crows are also interested in trading up to GWS’ pick to get Curtin.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Incidentally got a personal email from Twomey on Thursday.
Yeah, that's my one claim to fame.
DM's on Grinder don't really count mate.

fabulous-hair.gif

Currently there are no WA players ranked in the top 10 next year. One is ranked 13 ish.

Not a great list of WA talent next year ATM and if we dont pick up a KP defender this draft may hint we are keen on Busslinger as a trade in 2024.

Curtin was playing as a mid and had a 10cm growth spurt to 197cm. If he didnt grow 10cm he'd be talked about as a mid.
Yeah curtain would be talked about as a mid for sure, who knows if it'd be in talks about the draft tho?
And we might be into busslinger but its a long bow to draw to say if we don't draft a kpd then we're into him.
And why is WA talent at the top end of the draft relevant to who the eagles will take next year?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Less certainty projected than previous years IMO.
He’s probably fairly certain on all the permutations based on Curtins landing spot (Hawks go Duursma, Dogs go Watson if North go Curtin etc). Seems like everyone in the top 8 is facing a 50/50 call on Curtin vs someone else. All falls into place around wherever he goes.

Couple of takeaways from Twomey’s phantom draft

1) He seems confident up until pick 6 then the uncertainty on what GWS do screws him.
2) Aside from clubs chasing the GWS pick there also seems to be a higher than usual number of potential trades of mid-late R1 picks
3) Brisbane trading 30 and 39 to Gold Coast for 24 doesn’t impact our pick 37 nor does Fremantle chasing the Suns 38. But the Saints using 40 and 42 (from Melbourne) for 27 does as it’ll put another live pick in between 23 and 37.
4) If Collard is in fact still on the board at our 2nd pick expect Richmond to come hard with a trade offer. They have pick 29 with up to 4 live picks between that and 23 if we trade back. Do we ask for their F2 or 41. I’d go F2, especially so if we do trade our F1 out to GWS
5) Mentions Livingstone as a potential Cat B rookie which we aren’t able to do unless we’ve upgraded one of Dewar or Baker off the cat b list to the rookie list
6) The other names he mentions we have interest in are a bit meh for our 3rd pick. More interest in them with our 4th (or 5th) pick

Finally, the Curtin trade option. Many posters unhappy, with some justification, that we might give away our F1 for Curtin as it’s potentially the No.1 pick. It’s a big risk

The flip side to that from GWS if they don’t accept, is giving up the option on a likely top 2 pick next year to recruit Leake (or Curtin). At worst they’re getting back an equivalent pick if we finish around 13th which is optimistic

Good spot for us - we either get Curtin which is another boost to our rebuild a year ahead of schedule or we retain our F1

After all the smoke screens and copious amounts of hours of content throughout the draft period, twomey now has curtin an effective pick 10 and going to the cats.

Big change from a “potential #1”.

Still hope we manufacture a trade with gws/other though to snare him.

JTR&C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back