Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's an idea - all our players under 22 for this guy
127322_ed029bffacc5a72661c1668019430c26.jpg

In very simple terms, yes we can refuse to trade with Sydney and pick up jetta in the draft or preseason draft. You assume or neglect a few things though :

West coast aren't normally that type of hard nosed club. They want jetta and will do what they can to find an acceptable deal with the swans. Swans are similarly pragmatic so a deal will get sorted.

Jetta would have to agree to go in the draft. He could easily decide they we don't want him that much and he may be better staying at the swans.

If he does go in the draft, freo pick before us and could take him from under our nose

We'll sort a fair trade

Adelaide and Port are keen why isn't he keen to go to them? Why did he request us?
Maybe he thinks we are close to a premiership ?
Maybe his role as an inside mid would be made easier by natanui ?
Maybe he doesn't want to live in Adelaide ?
Who knows but he did and he is a reasonable player in our age bracket but I wouldn't want to over pay for him .
Brisbane may be happy to see him go as he is excess with rockliff , beams , rich , Christiansen , Robinson , Robertson , zorko , Mayes + 2 academy mids coming in this year which they will need points for .

Maybe he thinks we are close to a premiership ?
Maybe his role as an inside mid would be made easier by natanui ?
Maybe he doesn't want to live in Adelaide ?
Who knows but he did and he is a reasonable player in our age bracket but I wouldn't want to over pay for him .
Brisbane may be happy to see him go as he is excess with rockliff , beams , rich , Christiansen , Robinson , Robertson , zorko , Mayes + 2 academy mids coming in this year which they will need points for .

Fair Call, thats what i dont like about it tho does he see us a as flag favourite and thinks hes just gonna get a free ride in our best 22, sure i would be stoked with getting him for third round pick but paying overs for this guy i wont be happy.

Fair Call, thats what i dont like about it tho does he see us a as flag favourite and thinks hes just gonna get a free ride in our best 22, sure i would be stoked with getting him for third round pick but paying overs for this guy i wont be happy.
That's quite the leap you're making there.

Well we have pick 36 and probably pick 53 for Selwood compo. you reckon pick 36 for Redden and Pick 17 for Jetta??
I would say pick 36 is enough for Redden (but I am a Eagles' supporter and I am bias!!) Jetta is out of contract. I don't think we should use pick 17 for him(doesn't mean he is not worth a first round pick though). Jetta's case will be complicated by Sinclair's offer from Sydney. Bear in mind Sinclair is contracted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but that would make us campaigners like collingwood and ball .
Don't think that jetta has that type of resentment for Sydney .
But we could always try ebert them !
So what though, if he wants to come home and play for us, then it is on our terms. No way they get Sinclair. Either a 2nd round pick, or he can choose to go to the draft and we do it that way, or not at all. We're gunning for a flag, not trying to make friends with rival clubs here....

Good explanation apart from (it seems) Freo are reportedly going to be spending their first on McCarthy or Bennell.
He means the pre-season draft, not the national draft. You can't trade picks from the pre-season draft.

Pretty much all I've said all along, Nic 1 Scott 2 Will 3. 1&2 have never played a season yet without injury. Does it really matter is he isn't a power forward with the amount of firepower in there? Having a 3rd option free's Gov to play forward so pretty much evens it out. Sinclair was a great forward but not a very effective ruckman. As Hawthorn would say, annoyingly, "play your role." I'm open to people bagging Will's ability but I take it with a grain of salt given he managed to get AA honours not long ago, must of played out of his skin.

Your words were
If he plays to the peak of his ability I think he could hold Lycett out of the team too for at least another year which is not a bad thing.
Even if he plays to the peak of his ability, he can't play that role.
He can't mark the ball and seldom kicks goals, so why have him in the team as a second ruckman at all?

Sure, you can say "he won AA honours not long ago", just as I can point to the fact that he was in the magoos for most of this year and played mostly average footy when he got a call up.

He could be serviceable as a primary ruckman but isn't a second ruckman's arseh*le. Not sure he would want to cross the Nullabor to play for East Perth.

Can't believe I've wasted this much time talking about that flog.

Ok what do you reckon we should give up for Redden then???

What are peoples thoughts on Selwoods value vs Reddens value?

Yes he's contract and one is Free Agent.

But all things being equal could our compensation pick or traded pick be a starting point for value? Thoughts?

Last edited:
This thread has made my teeth fall out and I'm not even on speed.

It's because we are in a strange position of having both a successful and a failing season.

We got further then we could of dreamed but played more poorly then we could of imagined when it mattered.

Next year we need to expand on what worked while working on/removing what didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back